Home Forums Explore Subjects Landscapes Time Capsule

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

First new work for 2020.

DreyDay

This is a really cool painting. You captured the majesty of the canyon with this vertical perspective, and I actually feel like I’m there, as corny as that sounds. What magnifies this feeling is how you put the horizon at the very top, so that it doesn’t seem to be the main attraction, but instead the vastness of the height is what is the main attraction to this painting. I know I say good all the time to artists, but I really really like this painting. I like how you put those subtle purplish tones in the shadows of the canyon, and how they add diversity to the color scheme here, as the canyon naturally doesn’t have that much variety of color. I like how you focused on the perspective of this, and showing us the sheer magnitude of nature and how small we humans are in comparison. The purplish sky unifies the colors together, so that we get a mix of warm and cool colors perfectly balanced out.

Reddyman

Great job Hans….your light and darks really work here to give the effect of the deep undercuts and caverns. Wonderful colour gradations again and superb brushwork to get those flat cut wall faces.and sheer drop-offs.

John

Bartc

Fabulous sense of depth in your perspective. Nice painting and WELL done!

Bardo

Great composition and I really like your restrained palette. Nice work.

Humburger

Very nice.

Ginny
                            www.virginiacmccoy.com
                            C & C Welcome

Ohiohawk97

Great job with the shadows and cracks in these cliffs Hans! That is not easy and you have made this look so realistic….

Wes

Anonymous

Thanks everyone, I do appreciate the feed back.

Dorrart

Nicely painted hills Hans, scene works well with your signature colors.

- David

"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working." --Picasso

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.