WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Pastels > Soft Pastel Talk
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors
Closed Thread  

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-01-2019, 04:13 PM
Lincolnshire countryside, UK

Hails from England
Goalpost December 2019

Welcome to the Goal Post. Goal setting is a very good tool to help people get organized. If you write or post your thoughts, you are more committed and have a better chance of reaching those goals.

Your goals can be short term or long term. They can be daily, weekly, monthly or annual goals. Goals are personal, so everybody's goals will be different. They are your goals, so you can do what ever you want.

Come join the regular gang and get encouragement to help you reach your goals. We have a very friendly group and we are always looking for new people to join us.

Feel free to share links or images of goals achieved or in progress, those are always fun and people like cheering them.

My goal this month is to get some more artwork in! I have been trainng Megan...she can sit, leave, stay , give a paw, come, fetch....and even settle...but trying for a down is so difficult with those short legs! I guess settle will have to do!
Regards, Deirdre (Always pleased to get C&Cs!)[b] Don't forget - comment on other threads in the forum as well as posting your own work - also, we encourage you to post WIPs, they help others to learn as well as you.
Moderator Pastels Getting started in Soft Pastels Uploading Images
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-02-2019, 08:44 AM
Macon, GA

Hails from United States
Re: Goalpost December 2019

My goal is to paint daily, even if it just for 15 minutes. I have no good excuse for not getting in some painting each day, as I am retired and, thus, have the time. I have plenty of pastels and paper. The doldrums seem to have set in lately, and for some reason I hesitate to put pastel to paper. I know the only way to get better is to practice as much as possible. Hopefully, posting this will get me motivated to get back to it!! Best wishes to all!
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-05-2019, 04:18 AM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint

Hello Franglaise, I think we've not met before so welcome.

I started the month well by drawing a snow scene intending to paint it. It was intended to be a miniature and for that reason was in my sketch book. I started painting and it was awful - could do better - as the teachers use to report! Ok I'll try again this month .
Jim

Last edited by Mij : 12-05-2019 at 04:22 AM.
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-05-2019, 03:00 PM
Canandaigua, NY

Hails from United States

Happy Holidays, All! My goal is to not let holiday preparations mean a cessation in painting...I have a commission I need to finish before Christmas, so that will help; I'd love to get some snow photos to paint in the winter months too, but the right ones never seem to come along, even here in snowy Western New York...
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-06-2019, 06:16 PM

Hello all,

Reading the original post and responses, it seems all are wanting to get more work done. The same is true for myself. Indeed, I want to begin focusing on putting on a show in the next four to six months. I'll try to keep you all abreast on any developments. And I wish you all the best in meeting your goals.

John

My Beautiful Muse
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-07-2019, 05:25 PM
san diego, ca

Hails from United States

My goal was to start a painting the first week of December. But....I've been watching a few surf contests on the internet. Two in Hawaii and one in Taiwan. There is one more contest starting tomorrow. If I at least get started today, I'd feel good. I did finally figure out how to play a live feed from the internet on my smart tv. I guess that is a goal finally accomplished.
Good luck to the rest of you if you can find a moment to yourself.

web site , Getting started in soft pastels., What you need to know, Critique Guide Lines
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-08-2019, 09:32 AM
Macon, GA

Hails from United States

So THAT is where "water" girl comes from, Karen! Didn't know you were a surfer! I've always heard the San Diego beaches are so beautiful! Bravo on the Internet use with the Smart TV. I'm sure there are a LOT of things my Smart TV would do .... if I only took the time to explore.
Perhaps you will do some paintings of surfers to share?
Mike
  #8   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-09-2019, 06:42 PM
san diego, ca

Hails from United States

Mike, I was able to hook up Alexa to turn the lights on and off. She keeps a calendar for me and plays my music. My husband and I went to hear Andrea Bocelli last night and I managed to get the tickets on my smart phone! I'm not super techy, but plugging along. BTW, started surfing in RI in the 60's. The wetsuits were terrible back then, so we drove to San Diego to overcome that issue! Only one more surf contest this week, and I should have time for art.

web site , Getting started in soft pastels., What you need to know, Critique Guide Lines