Home Forums Explore Subjects Animal and Wildlife Subjects On The Soul’s Liberation- Leucistic Common Raven (X-Posted in Oil Painting Forum)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Information: On The Soul’s Liberation, oil on canvas panel, 9″ x 12″, completed on 20 February 2020.
    Description: This is my most recent completed oil painting, and my largest one so far. It depicts a leucistic (white) common raven. I worked on it sporadically throughout the month, with the bulk of the work done between the 18th and the 20th. The photo unfortunately blurs out the finest details. If I ever get a better image, I may try to post again. I submitted this painting to a high school art show at Wayne State University, and am currently waiting to see if I was accepted.

Here is a closeup of the head which shows the brushstrokes more.
    C&C is always welcome. ^^

🜁 Animal Artist 🜁
    C+C always welcome.

I think it is fabulous! I’d love to see one of these birds some day.

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

I think it is fabulous! I’d love to see one of these birds some day.

Thank you very much, ma’am! I think this variant of raven is my favourite leucistic creature.

🜁 Animal Artist 🜁
    C+C always welcome.

Remarkable with great textures. Love it.

Chammi
    My Blog/WIP's and Tips: Chammi's Art Escapades

Triduana

What a wonderful bird, and something I’ve never seen. Love the pose and the way you applied the paint, especially on the feathers.

Kay D - Edinburgh, Scotland

So long, and thanks ...

Remarkable with great textures. Love it.

What a wonderful bird, and something I’ve never seen. Love the pose and the way you applied the paint, especially on the feathers.

Thank you very much, that means tonnes. ^^

🜁 Animal Artist 🜁
        C+C always welcome.
        fedetony

Lovely work… Well done…

Federico Garcia
            My Blog
            C&C always welcome :D

"...when someone gives a critique of your work, fear not. It usually means they like or care more of your work than when they just pat your back." - Tiago

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.