Home Forums Explore Subjects Fantasy and Sci-Fi Art Hi all, my first post

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Slammer

Here is some things that I have done, most have a SciFi background but I do enjoy making planes.
        Quite a few are inspired by Rodger Dean and recently I tried a Chriss Foss kind of space ship. hope you like.
        The first one is called “Redstone stack” then “Panorama” below is “Event Horizon” and at the bottom is Close encounters.
        The plane is a English Electric Fireball and is made out of four period aircraft, see if you can get them all.

Attalus

Welcome to the Forum. Well done, especially #2

Bill was a long time valued member of our community who passed away after a lengthy illness. We will miss him. Rest in peace.

"Modern art is what happens when painters stop looking at girls and persuade themselves that they have a better idea."- John Ciardi

My dA page:http://attalus.deviantart.com/

Glad to have you! Great Stuff!

Those are beautiful! Well done!!

The Purple Dog Painting Blog
            Find me on Instagram
            Find me on Facebook

cwsco

great work , well done!

Jaime9526

Number two has a nice nineties feel to it. The ship itself is very Trek Workbee like.

talisman

Wow I like these all!
                        The Jupiter like planet with the tail and the jet and space ship (TWA what a blast from the past) are the ones that really appealed to me, but they are all really wonderful.
                        Welcome and please post again.

Dianna WC! Guide: Fantasy/Sci-Fi Art
                        C and C always welcome.
                        My DeviantArt Gallery

All look very good. Please tell us more about your process. By the clean lines I’m guessing this is digital.

C&C always welcome. Michelle

mkmcreations.com
                        Every painting is a new adventure.

hmshood5

Slammer, these are gorgeous! I also paint space scenes and draw aircraft, and I love that Connie!

As to the EE, the only plane I can recognize is the F-104, and perhaps what may be parts of a MiG-19!

"All of us get lost in the darkness... Dreamers learn to steer by the stars"
                            www.brianfioreart-aviartisa.com

Slammer

Slammer, these are gorgeous! I also paint space scenes and draw aircraft, and I love that Connie!

As to the EE, the only plane I can recognize is the F-104, and perhaps what may be parts of a MiG-19!

Well done F-104 and a MIG-19, actually a MIG-21 but close enough, the weapons pod and underbelly is a Phantom and the aft section is the English Electric Lightning.

Slammer

All look very good. Please tell us more about your process. By the clean lines I’m guessing this is digital.

It´s Digital…:angel:
                                    For most part I have a picture that I take and vectorize the heck out of it, the Conny is actually the Breitling Conny and the picture was taken at Basel Airport. The SpadXIII is in the Brussels museum.
                                    I use Illustrator to get my vectors and basic colouring then off we mouse to Photoshop and go wild, usually I have around 150 to 200 layers of shading and because I never name the bloody things I generally get annoyed when I need to find the layer of some obscure shade. Apart from that it is music depending on my mood, Tangerine Dream for the more esoteric ones at the moment

Slammer

The method seems to work for me, but lately I have been playing around with Affinity Photo and Affinity Design as I don´t wish to go into the cloud but I don´t have anything worth posting with AF until now. So for the moment I will stick with Adobe´s finest.
                                        Here are two older ones, Dean´s Dragon, I am a great fan of Rodger Dean and this is my take on his Dragons and the bottom one is what I call the Vitruvian Biomech, both were designed in Illustrator and finished in Photoshop

talisman

Enjoyable to see your process.
                                            Love the Roger Dean tribute one, very cool, I always think of Rodney Matthews as being in that same cool style, both are wonderful!
                                            Really great stuff you have here and I’m enjoying the show.

Dianna WC! Guide: Fantasy/Sci-Fi Art
                                            C and C always welcome.
                                            My DeviantArt Gallery

That Vitruvian Biomech is clever, I really like that.

The Purple Dog Painting Blog
                                            Find me on Instagram
                                            Find me on Facebook

Those are cool. I do a lot of digital painting but never learned vector. You can also post in the digital forum. It’s been pretty quiet lately, activity there kind of comes in waves.

C&C always welcome. Michelle

mkmcreations.com
                                            Every painting is a new adventure.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.