Home Forums The Learning Center Partner: WetCanvas Live! Partner: WetCanvas Live! with Johannes Vloothuis Maroon Bells demo – paint along – students work

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 104 total)
  • Author
    sherrysherman

Okay, here’s a thread if you painted along with Johannes, or if you try the same painting later. Put your paintings here for comment, viewing, etc.

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Sherry . . . . . . Critiques, comments and suggestions welcome.

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]"All my life, I always wanted to be somebody. Now I see I should have been more specific." --[The Search for Signs of Intelligent Life in the Universe, by Jane Wagner]
        [FONT="Comic Sans MS"]"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." --[Gandalf, The Fellowship of the Ring, J.R.R. Tolkien]

piggiepie

I posted my painting in the other thread. I did mine in pastels, which I’m not too comfortable with since I’ve only been using this medium for about a month. (Not to mention, I don’t think I have the right grade of paper or pastels) But here is my try from the class…..I can’t wait to see all the awesome work.

Annie aka punkinpigs..

paintncook

I would like for Johannes to post the photo from which everybody did their work. I had to work this Sunday so couldn’t join the class but would like to try doing a version of the scene on my own, but need the photo reference.
                Kathy

piggiepie

I will message it to you..

Annie aka punkinpigs..

pacificNW

I found working smaller helped to keep up with Johannes. This is 8×10 in oil. Great class today, Johannes, especially after you switched over to the other venue!! I understand your negative painting and dragged leaves much better now by following along with you. I hope you will post your finished painting here for us to compare ours to, thanks. :)

Obion

Reference photo for to-days Free art lesson by Johannes 15 April…

Obion

:clap: Johannes you did it again, amazing class and learnt heaps. Can’t wait until next sunday… You are an amazing teacher, you make it look so easy to learn, and boy have I Learnt some great TECHNIQUES! Thank you! ~Barbara

LADickerman

Here is my first one…I did this on 10×10 Master’s Touch watercolor paper that I do not like for watercolors but seems to be good for Panpastels. I did this in shades only…I don’t have my regular colors yet…so it’s a little dark.

Here is after I tried to tone down the mountains and add the path. Not sure which I like better.

Lorianne

LADickerman

Thank for starting the thread Sherry. I’m sure we will get some great works.
                                        Lorianne

FIRST PIC EVER IN PAN PASTELS on really cheap watercolour paper. I was one of those who got lost when Johannes switched over from Ustream to Livestream so had to play catch up. I need to find out how to avoid making muddy paper (perhaps paper quality was the issue?). Also how to make some hard edges with the panpastels – I’m used to having the choice of hard or soft edges with watercolour. Please critique without mercy! :)
                                        Great class today esp. once we got through the technical issues! Thanks Johannes.

Sgourlayart

Thanks, Jo for a great class and thanks, Sherry for posting this thread. I painted along for about 1/2 the time with Jo’s palette (except I use transparent earth red instead of burnt sienna) and on 9″ by 12″ untoned canvas panel with Galkyd lite to cut drying time. Came out well in my opinion for an alla prima work. 6 hours is a little long, but the video glitches helped by letting underpainting tack up. If you do start a live video course, Jo, I would definitely like to see homework critiques at least of some of the paintings and I would definitely be interested in participating. Stu

pamshowcase

Here’s mine. Acrylic 11 x 14

pjbenson

What is the size you have to make your file to upload?
                                                    Thanks

Pam Benson(PJ)

valh

Hi J, thank you again for a great class, glitches and all. Had some problems keeping up, got lost once, missed some stuff, and then missed end of the class anyway. Even so, I’m not entirely unpleased with this painting. I see a few things to fix yet.
                                                        Cheers
                                                        Val

SweetMe

See next message:crossfingers:

SweetMe:heart:alias LadyHawk2, alias Eileen
                                                            We don't see things for what they are, we see things for who we are...Talmud
                                                            *People may not remember what you say but they will ALWAYS remember how you made them feel*...Attributed to many???

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 104 total)
                                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.