Home Forums Explore Media Colored Pencil Outside the Lines Chat Thread ~ JANUARY 2018

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    frida

I cannot see another one started, so…

A great New Year for everyone!!! May your dreams come true, your health be great, and your enjoyment with coloured pencils motivate you!

Raquel from Toronto, CDA

Pingpongfan

Happy New Year, Raquel and to everyone. Kind of wish it was a bit warmer here. Minus 14-20C is a bit too cold! It is, however, good weather for staying indoors and drawing.
            Vena

frida

It’s lonely here… I hope the January Chat goes to the top and others come in!

-20 C in Toronto right now, with a wind chill of -32???!!! :eek:

Raquel from Toronto, CDA

KaySilver

Happy New Year everyone! I hope 2018 is a good one for all of you.:)

The weather has been pretty horrible here too (not so cold, but wet and windy), so I’ve been staying in and doing lots of drawing and painting. I got a set of Derwent Drawing pencils for my birthday, so I’m keen to try those out, but I’m finishing some other projects first.

brissie

HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL LETS HOPE 2018 IS KIND TO ALL.
                        Good on you Raquel for posting I thought of it myself but then wondered if it would be acceptable.
                        Cheers 🥂🥂

Winnieike2

Good Morning to all! It’s a bit chilly this am on such a frosty Friday morning, but the coffee’s hot and the quilt I’m keeping wrapped about my legs are comforting. Thanks to Frida for the warm welcome yesterday! I’m hoping this site is a soft place for me to have landed. So far, so good- most people seem fairly cordial from the looks of your posts.

ocmd123

I cannot see another one started, so…

[SIZE=3][COLOR=DarkRed][B]A great New Year for everyone!!![/B] [/COLOR][/SIZE]May your dreams come true, your health be great, and your enjoyment with coloured pencils motivate you!

Thank you for starting this, Raquel!! I am SO bad at this! :rolleyes:
                                Happy New Year to you, too!

ELAINE~ Moderator-Colored Pencil Forum ~ [FONT=Times New Roman]New to the forum? Visit the Welcome Thread ~ [FONT=Times New Roman]New to CP? Check out the CP Libray Index for information about about pencils, paper, sharpeners.[FONT=Times New Roman]
                                Instagram

Save

ocmd123

HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL LETS HOPE 2018 IS KIND TO ALL.
                                    Good on you Raquel for posting I thought of it myself but then wondered if it would be acceptable.
                                    Cheers 🥂🥂

Absolutely appropriate!! ANYONE can start the OTL! Years ago that used to happen. Now, if I don’t start it, it often doesn’t get started. And I am historically BAD at remembering that it’s the first of the month! :rolleyes::rolleyes::cool: So yes, if a new one is not stuck at the top of the forum, check the forum to make sure no one else has started it, then have at it!! It’s just me, with no guide in here, so I need the extra eyes. :)

ELAINE~ Moderator-Colored Pencil Forum ~ [FONT=Times New Roman]New to the forum? Visit the Welcome Thread ~ [FONT=Times New Roman]New to CP? Check out the CP Libray Index for information about about pencils, paper, sharpeners.[FONT=Times New Roman]
                                    Instagram

Save

frida

Absolutely appropriate!! ANYONE can start the OTL! Years ago that used to happen. Now, if I don’t start it, it often doesn’t get started. And I am historically BAD at remembering that it’s the first of the month! :rolleyes::rolleyes::cool: So yes, if a new one is not stuck at the top of the forum, check the forum to make sure no one else has started it, then have at it!! It’s just me, with no guide in here, so I need the extra eyes. :)

“Years ago that used to happen.” Yes Elaine, that defines me!!! 15 years gone by???!!! :rolleyes: :cool:

You do a lot Elaine, and THANK YOU for it! :clap:

Raquel from Toronto, CDA

frida

It is “warming up” a bit… ;)

This from my window yesterday:

Raquel from Toronto, CDA

ocmd123

You do a lot Elaine, and [B][COLOR=Blue]THANK YOU[/COLOR][/B] for it! :clap:

Thank you. :cat: And you’re welcome! That frost shot is gorgeous!!

Save

Instagram

Save

Winnieike2

It is “warming up” a bit… ;)

This from my window yesterday:

[IMG]http://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/06-Jan-2018/17153-Digital1.jpg[/IMG]

That’s lovely! I love frost. It never fails to remind me of the old stop motion Jack Frost song I saw on our black and white tv as a child.
                                                    It’s much warmer here, in the 20’s. There was no school today after the night brought us an ice storm, so the grandkids and I are snuggling in, talking about the “olden days.” Ha! 🤣🤣

frida

I am glad you like my frost. Actually, after using a regular Pentax with a macro lens for years, it is taking me a while to do close-ups with the digi camera. This image is one of my favourites (among the few hundreds I took) There is so much depth of field in it:

Raquel from Toronto, CDA

Pingpongfan

Raquel, I love these pics. I didn’t see the frost for the snow and the muck. For those not living with snow … salt and sand is put on the roads and that turns into slush which gets all over the cars and one’s boots. I always feel it is a dirty time of year in the city. But, a drive up into the countryside where the snow is still pristine white is beautiful.
                                                            Vena

ManedWolf

Not Colour By Numbers, just old-fashioned colouring book pictures for printing:

http://www.supercoloring.com/coloring-pages/tags/woodland-animals

I like these much more than every adult colouring book I’ve looked at – these pictures aren’t divided into thousands of small details.

Heikki

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.