WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Fiber Arts
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#31   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-20-2018, 02:45 PM
WC! Guide
Nowheresville, Idunno

Hails from United States
Re: Stitch in Time September 2018

Lena, sorry about your daughter's diagnosis. Diabetes is awful. My sister and her oldest son are type 1. Sometimes it's a scare that puts one on the path to health. Good for her sticking with her vow and losing the weight. Well, once the kids are grown-ups, they don't think they need to listen anymore. I know I don't listen to my mom anymore. Then again, she's stuck in the 70's as far as nutritional advice.

I've finally finished all the critters I'm going to re-make. I decided that the black pegasus could just languish unfinished. I dislike sewing the black felt. All the other pegasus are in the shop. If someone really want's a black one they can message me.

Next project is to make a new purse. The one a made a couple of years ago is an over the shoulder bag. Now that I'm using the walking sticks, the bag just slips off and drops. The strap is too short to be a cross body bag. I've been using a very old (more than 20 years old) purse I bought that is a small backpack style. But, it's getting quite thread-bare. I was going to draft pattern pieces to re-create it. It's not straight seams. Every seam is either an angle or a curve. I could do it - make the pattern pieces thru careful measuring and adding seam allowances. However, I think I'll just design something for myself that is made of rectangles of fabric. It'll get done sooner that way.
  #32   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-21-2018, 03:49 PM
Enthusiast
Edmonton Alberta

Hails from Canada

I signed up with a trainer at the senior centre. On monday she will help design a workout that will not leave me laying on the floor.
She will also teach me to use those walking sticks. They have a twice a week walking club that she runs there too.

They are opening a gallery and consignment shop too. I promised to bring in some of my work....."ooh maybe you could teach a class?"

We woke up to at least an inch of snow today with more falling. All plans are off. Too many idiots on the road who don't believe it makes a difference.
  #33   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-22-2018, 01:51 PM
WC! Guide
Nowheresville, Idunno

Hails from United States

Lena, it's great you have access to a trainer for designing a workout that will work for you. I'm sure you'd be a great teacher if that's what you wanted to do. It would be great to be able to show your art. We haven't had snow yet. Not even rain in over a week. I'm sure it's coming. And we have the same problem. People do not take snow and ice or even unpaved roads into account when driving.

I will be so glad to be done with the prednisone from when I was ill. I've had the worst list of side effects. Today is my last dose. Then I can begin a cleanse to leach that stuff out of my system and hopefully rebuild my digestive probiotics.

Bought a zipper for the bag I want to make. Today, being Saturday, is chores. So, it'll be tomorrow before I begin the making process.

I'm still trying to figure out what to make peeps for the holidays. Unlike last year where I hit upon something I could to for everyone on the list. This year I've come up with 5 or 6 ideas, but none of them will work for everyone. So... I guess I'll have to pick and choose among the items for each individual.
  #34   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-22-2018, 02:12 PM
Enthusiast
Edmonton Alberta

Hails from Canada

I hate prednisone I had it a few years ago when it was discovered I was allergic to injected iodine for a scan. Blinding headaches, nausea, disoriented, confused. It took weeks before I could think straight again. Only in a life threatening situation will I ever touch the stuff again. When they gave it to dad he became totally paranoid and accused me of stealing his money and called elder abuse on me. Which apparently is a common side effect according to the health care workers.

More snow today.

I found some nice sock yarn bamboo and acrylic with dyed in striping. Luc the new SIL is getting socks and so is she. Matching socks - romantic.
  #35   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-23-2018, 01:06 PM
WC! Guide
Nowheresville, Idunno

Hails from United States

Lena, yeah, they kind of didn't tell me that the side effects would be worse because I also take omeprazole for my stomach. Found that out by looking up why I was so much worse than the last time I had prednisone. Yeah for new socks.

I think I've decided on what to make for people this year. The ladies are going to get purse inserts. I was thinking about making purses but quickly realized I was in no way up on the latest style and my sister would never use what I made. So, by making the insert she can use it in whatever purse she wants. As can all the others. For the guys, I'm thinking wallets. Still deciding if I want to tackle leather wallets or make them out of fabric.
  #36   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-23-2018, 02:36 PM
Enthusiast
Edmonton Alberta

Hails from Canada

Out of fabric and call them "card holders" instead of wallets. That is what people need these days.

The sun is shining today and it is above freezing - yay for the last day of summer!
  #37   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-24-2018, 12:23 PM
WC! Guide
Nowheresville, Idunno

Hails from United States

Lena, glad you got some sunshine. That's a great idea. Fabric is easier to sew than leather.

I've finally gotten to the end of the prednisone. Unfortunately, I'm still dealing with side effects. Hopefully, in a few more days the stuff will leach out of my system. I've got things to do, not sit around and keep from exerting so I don't lose my air or have my heart pounding.
  #38   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-24-2018, 02:30 PM
Enthusiast
Edmonton Alberta

Hails from Canada

I spent the morning with the trainer. It was really good. The machines at the senior centre are designed for seniors and rehab. That means they have those issues in mind when designed.
I am out of shape though, especially when I look at my heart rate. I think I will be sore tomorrow.

They are starting a gallery/ gift shop there. So I brought in some tea cosy dolls and the little dancers. They loved them and when they found out I was once involved in a craft shop and computer literate..... The volunteer orientation is Oct 3rd..... They also want me to teach some classes next year, luckily this years calendar is already full.