WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Subjects > Animal and Wildlife Subjects
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-13-2010, 06:22 PM
Lord of the Arts
Shelbyville, KY

Hails from United States
Post Project Discussion: Pet Portrait Exchange

A new project has been announced in the WetCanvas! project system!

Title: Pet Portrait Exchange
Project Leader: just chaos
Relative Difficulty: Irrelevant
Type Restrictions: Any Type
Medium: Any Medium
Subject: Not Applicable
Days open for signups: Always
Maximum participants allowed: 30

Description:

Attention all Pet owners – do you want your pet immortalized then join the Pet Portrait exchange.

Each participant is making a commitment to do one picture of one pet from each other participant. You get to choose one pet , in one pose. You are not required to do each animal submitted. That said you can do as many as you want, I am sure the owner would not mind seeing the results.

All portraits submitted are the property of the pet owner and to be used for this exchange. IF you want to use a picture for other art work PM the pet owner for permission.

Since the RIL is not cooperative when it comes to submissions I am trying to think of an efficiency to collect all of the photos so there is easy access for the participants. Having everyone post to the forum gets a bit scattered and drawn out. I would like to get everyone to collect their photos in one place and I will make sure that everyone gets them.
Both Flickr (http://www.flickr.com/ ) and Photobucket (http://photobucket.com/) provide limited free photo posting without credit cards. IF people are willing to open an account at one of these and send me the link I will put the links together and send them out to all participants.

An example is http://www.flickr.com/photos/7326810...7624109242628/

Above is the collection of my pets. If you already have an account – you can make a set with your pets in it and just send the address of the set. You can put any information that you want us to know with the picture.

As for size I am opening it up to either post card and ATC card size. I know some people like only ACT cards due to the way they store/display them. IF you are one of those people let me know and I will put that information next to your name on the address list.

Photos – I don’t care how many pets you have ( I have 7 right now) you can submit as many photos as you want. Just know that participants only need to do one portrait for each participant. For example of my 3 dogs, 1 cat , 2 horses and one donkey I may get 29 drawings of my cat. Even though I know in my heart that all my pets are equally as cute, every participant may choose the cat photo. I doubt this will happen but just know that it might. If you only have 1 dog and it’s the only one you ever had you can submit 10 pictures of it .

Just remember that pets are family so if you join participate.

Additional Information:

For more information on the project: Click here!

Last edited by Jakeally : 07-14-2010 at 03:14 AM.
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-13-2010, 07:32 PM
Lord of the Arts
Shelbyville, KY

Hails from United States
Re: Project Discussion: Pet Portrait Exchange

OK the description got a bit messed up in above so here it is in bullet points.

The is a Pet portrait exchange - you are signing up to do a portrait of one (1) pet of each of the other participants.

You can put up as many pictures of you pet/s as you want. However each participant only has to do one of them. Choice is up to the artist.

DO NOT post the pictures in the forum - It can be very hard to find all of them and I would like to keep access easy for people. Both Flickr and photobucket provide limited free photo posting. You can make a set up of you pets with descriptions and stories. If you are totally unable to do this let me know.

Example of my crew

Once everyone has signed up I will collect addresses and photo locations and make sure everyone gets them. I will also post the photo list periodically so it won't get lost.

If you fall in love with more than one photograph and want to do it for the owner thats great, but you don't have to. Also the pet photos are the property of the owner- to be used for the exchange. If you want to use the reference for any other reason - contact the pet owner for permission.

I am opening it up to both ATC and POst card size. Some people because of storage or display restrictions only want ATC. If you are one of them I will put that information in the address list.

Now that I have all the mean rules out of the way, this will be a fun exchange. You get 29 pictures of your pets and get to do 29 pet portraits.

So enjoy
Chaos
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-13-2010, 07:36 PM
WC! Guide

I had a feeling it was getting close. I have been watching carefully for a couple days or so.
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-13-2010, 07:42 PM
Lord of the Arts
Shelbyville, KY

Hails from United States

IT was up about 10 minutes before you got signed up - I sent it in a week ago and have been keeping an eye open for it.

Jean
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-13-2010, 10:23 PM
WC! Guide

I guess you know I really was "watching".
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-14-2010, 03:40 AM
Johannesburg, South Africa

Hails from South Africa

Jeanne let me know that you had started this new project and sent me the link (i've never joined or checked out the projects threads before) in any case, i clicked on 'Sign Up' and thought it would be a process of sorts - but NO.... i'm signed up.
It's a fun one though and i'm excited - Thanks for hosting this Chaos.

i have some nice pics of my pets, but maybe one or two more are in order.
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-14-2010, 06:49 AM
Lord of the Arts
Shelbyville, KY

Hails from United States

Welcome Tania - you will find the project system very addictive. As I said you can have as many photos as you want.

Chaos
  #8   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-14-2010, 08:51 AM
Johannesburg, South Africa

Hails from South Africa

It sounds great!!! I'm sorry if a hundred people have asked you this, but i've only ever done ATC size cards (which i'm quite familiar with) you say that we can do them ATC or Postcard size - what is the post card size??
  #9   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-14-2010, 10:01 AM
WC! Guide
Regina, Saskatchewan CANADA

Hails from Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaniaBee
It sounds great!!! I'm sorry if a hundred people have asked you this, but i've only ever done ATC size cards (which i'm quite familiar with) you say that we can do them ATC or Postcard size - what is the post card size??

4x6 , you can even get WC postcards fro most art supply locations
Hi Chaos, haven't commited yet, trying to get so much done this summer before my fall trip
my very first project was a pet exchange and so much fun
I am such an addict I will probably join,

Its possible to have an awesome life, but its up to ourselves to do it. RIL, Weekly Drawing Event, Want to host a WDE? Hosts needed starting in Feb 2017. Sign up in the Schedule thread here .
  #10   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-14-2010, 02:19 PM
Lord of the Arts
Shelbyville, KY

Hails from United States

Bonnie,

Come on join - you know you want to. IF you get behind it gives you something to do on your trip.

Jean
  #11   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-14-2010, 04:52 PM
A Local Legend
California

Hails from United States

Chaos, are all your three dogs BT's? I have BT's, too.

I have never done this so am trying to figure it out, so am I reading that we will need to do 29 ATC's? What is the timeframe in which to do them (sorry if that shows, I can't seem to see it)?
  #12   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-14-2010, 04:54 PM
A Local Legend
California

Hails from United States

Thank you. Sorry it made a duplicate post. . .
  #13   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-14-2010, 06:01 PM
Lord of the Arts
Shelbyville, KY

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainySea
Chaos, are all your three dogs BT's? I have BT's, too.

I have never done this so am trying to figure it out, so am I reading that we will need to do 29 ATC's? What is the timeframe in which to do them (sorry if that shows, I can't seem to see it)?

I have raised bullies for 30 years, but now I am down to 1, Minotaur (CH Quicksilver Extreme Chaos) . My other dogs are a Silken Windhound and an Italian Greyhound. I do have a request in with a friend for another bullie puppy - Mini is getting old now and I am not ready to be without one.

The exchange works this way: There are up to 30 people participating. Each person makes one card for each or the other participants (in this case 29 cards) and in return they get 1 card each from them (again 29).

In this case the cards that you do will be based on the pictures that each participant has of their pets. I will assume that yours would include very cute bull terrier pictures (since there is no other kind and I am not prejudice)

Time wise- you will find some people will get it done almost before I have the address list out. Things happen and within 60 days is great- life gets in the way and as soon as you can is acceptable. The main thing is to make sure that you get them done and mailed. People are very understanding. There are people who chronically do not send cards and they get on the bad lists.

I hope this information helps.

Chaos
  #14   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-14-2010, 06:33 PM
A Local Legend
California

Hails from United States

Thank you. . .

and OMGosh, I know her! Well, seen her at shows. She is one of Butch's daughters and a sis to Holly, right?! I've been in bullies for about 13 years, my oldest was showing at the time that your girl was !

And the sphinx cat in the flicker photos is yours? Those are such exotic looking cats, never seen one in person. Bet would be fun to draw!

Last edited by RainySea : 07-14-2010 at 06:53 PM.
  #15   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-14-2010, 08:33 PM
Lord of the Arts
Shelbyville, KY

Hails from United States

Yep thats her - Shes a bit creakier now. Yes the sphinx is mine. Shes a 6 month old hellion named Droid. Louie the Italian Greyhound loves her and Mini would like Droid anywhere but where Mini is.
So are you going to join the project. The are addicting and fun.

Chaos