WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Airbrush
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-21-2010, 01:13 AM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint
homestead in south dakota

Hails from United States
would airbrush work here?

hey all, i have never ventured to this forum. but have spent plenty of this evening looking around, wow, never realized what can be done with an ab?!!

now then, my issue--i am doing some murals, and am wondering if an ab would speed it up. i mean areas like sky, flat rock, basic tones before brushwork. i love love love the smoothness i see from ab's, but not sure if that's even something i can manage! i guessing its not as easy as it looks, sadly for me! i don't do alot of murals, but mostly cuz they dont' make me much for the time involved, but if i can cut that time, i'd pursue it much more.

and would i have to invest tons of cash to even try it? right now i am doing a mt. rushmore on a wall. i can see tons of places where the effects of the 'air instead of hair' would be an improvement. i am already living the 'starving artist' gig, so throwing a bunch of cash isn't an option! i have an old badger airbrush, double action. no hose, no compressor. i've never touched the thing. i have used another's ab once for smoke coming from tires on a hotrod--worked great.

so, any tips? or is it impossible to get a mediochre set up that would handle this? tell me stuff!!

A rich person is not one who has the most, but is one who needs the least.
--- "Interview with God" (author unknown)

]
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-21-2010, 01:54 PM
Veteran Member

Re: would airbrush work here?

No most muralist use brush and roller to fill in large areas.. think of an airbrush like a water pick.. now go wash your car with the water pick.
A small touch up gun or full size spray gun may be useful doing really big stuff but I think the roller is sill the best for big fields...
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-21-2010, 06:46 PM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint
homestead in south dakota

Hails from United States

thank you so much! i'll go get a roller. its more in my price range anyhow! lol!

A rich person is not one who has the most, but is one who needs the least.
--- "Interview with God" (author unknown)

]
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-22-2010, 06:53 AM
Lord of the Arts
north west uk

Hails from Scotland

if you do murals regular and wish for faded effects and wish to get into airbrushing

a larger compressor ( small automotive ) with a low pressure / high volume spray gun would be ideal for the large areas then you could purchase airbrushes for the detail work as you can run them from the larger compressor

the spray option would give far more blending control with acrylic paint formulations

spray cans are also an option but beware you have good ventilation !!

#5   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-22-2010, 03:00 PM

Hails from Finland

I have done some murals (all together around 100m2). Instead of airbrus I use roller and painters glove. Spraying makes paint mist that will make all places dirty. With painters glove it is possible to blend colours very well.

That painters glove is leather glove with lamb skin surface: http://www.easy-house-painting-tips....ters_Mitt1.jpg
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-23-2010, 05:49 AM
Trezzo sull'Adda

Hails from Italy
Re:this is my paint on the box wall (15 years ago

#7   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-23-2010, 05:50 AM
Trezzo sull'Adda

Hails from Italy

ah,eh eh eh,I forget,I paint this by a paasche vjr
  #8   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-08-2010, 04:25 AM
Veteran Member
A long way from distant

Hails from Netherlands
Re: this is my paint on the box wall (15 years ago

Superb work, maestro. And Mauro Forghieri should get a statue for designing such beautiful cars!

https://communicats.blogspot.nl/
  #9   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-12-2010, 06:56 AM
Trezzo sull'Adda

Hails from Italy

ciaooo my friend,yes,mauro was the last engineer with a great personality in ferrari
  #10   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-28-2018, 07:12 AM

The Senco PC1010 1-gallon air compressor is Specially designed for the finish and trimmed work and various crafts and hobbies, this model is a lightweight and best quiet choice. This 1 HP compressor offers high performance in a compact, portable package and provides wide pressure for a wide range of small to medium work required to use pneumatic tools. To know more about this model the Senco air compressor review can help you. Its oil-less pump system delivers clean air, which is greatly suitable for painting jobs.

Features:
*The High-performance motor delivers 120 psi of max output pressure.
*Its Oil-free pumps make sure cleaner air.
*It has ¼-inch quick disconnect coupler.
*Delivers 20 to 44 drives per minute.

Master Airbrush KIT-SP19-20 Art:
The Master Airbrush KIT-SP19-20 Art Airbrushing System Paint Kit with Standard Compressor is High-Performance Dual-Action Airbrush 1/3 oz. Gravity liquid cup and a 0.3 mm needle and nozzle. This compressor is generally used for various kinds of works such as hobbies, crafts, fine art, cosmetics, nail art, sunless tanning, temporary tattoos, cake decorating, auto-motorcycle and others.

See details: http://amzn.to/2Ei4mfB

The Single-arm external mix Sipan Feed Airbrush is made with a 0.8 mm tip, 2-3 / 4 oz. Bonus bottle and a 1/8 "air entrance (airbrush can be used with a compressor or adapter for a propeller included hose)