WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Drawing and Sketching > Tips and Tricks - Drawing and Sketching
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors
Closed Thread  

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-06-2010, 10:46 PM
Veteran Member
Ketttering,Ohio

Quick inexpensive Portable drawing table

Due to space restrictions I did this Build- cost around $12 --- Pc pipe is Cheap- Used wood Bin at Home Desperate was only .50 wing nuts about $2.00.I also thew some clearcoat after sanding a little ---
Attached Images

Last edited by Mikey B. : 01-06-2010 at 10:59 PM.
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-07-2010, 11:18 AM
SW US

Hails from United States
Re: Quick inexpensive Portable drawing table

Hey thats a straightforward and good design. You could sit down anywhere and go to work..I like it. Maybe some rubber feet on the legs to keep it from sliding away? Adjustable legs for taking out in the field to match your seat hight better...hmmmm. I might have to try something like this...
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-27-2010, 08:25 AM
Texas

Hails from United States

Don't need to buy rubber feet - just put some rubber cement on the 90's on the corners of the bottom. Replace as needed. This would work for sitting in the recliner watching TV, too..... lol
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-03-2010, 09:56 AM
Enthusiast

This is an awesome design. I would only add a "leg" to make it adjustable to your sitting height. Thanks for posting. ~daisie~
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-20-2010, 02:09 PM
A Local Legend
2001 transplant to NC USA

Hails from United States

"cheap" "used ...bin".... words dear to my heart.... this is wonderful, Mikey... kor
i have to show my favorite (only)SIL this... ... and i sent a link over to AMAE... i think this is fabulous!
"An artist can look at a pretty girl and see the old woman she will become. A better artist can look at an old woman and see the pretty girl she used to be. A great artist can look at an old woman, portray her exactly as she is... and force the viewer to see the pretty girl she used to be..." R. Heinlein via Jubal Harshaw re LaBelle Heaulmiere by Rodin

Last edited by kordelia : 02-20-2010 at 02:44 PM.
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-13-2010, 02:19 PM
A WC! Legend
San Francisco, CA

Hails from United States

That is a great design! Thanks for sharing the photos. I think it could be built to any height you happen to be while sitting in your usual chair. I'm tempted to try to build one, when I'm not even that handy. Looks like it really wouldn't be hard. Figuring out the right height might take a little work, but not much.

Robert A. Sloan, proud member of the Oil Pastel Society
Site owner, artist and writer of http://www.explore-oil-pastels-with-robert-sloan.com
blogs: Rob's Art Lessons and Rob's Daily Painting
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-28-2010, 08:14 PM
Enthusiast
Pennsylvania

Hails from United States

Great design. I know I get tired holding up the drawing board--this solves that problem!