In this group of four, a grandmother and grandsons, the mother liked two other images better of the boys on the right. I cropped those images, reduced them on my printer, until I got the size I needed to fit the heads on the first photo. I then cut out and pasted the images onto a "mock-up". I had to be careful to consider the lighting and shadows, and make corrections to go with the other figures.
I kept the clothes soft and light to put the focus on the faces.
I wanted to keep the theme of the background woods and wildflowers, but not so much as to be distracting. I did it in small amounts at a time, which was easy to do, since the layers of greenery were different textures and tones, and back washes were used to an advantage.
I'm not able to photograph the true colors of my watercolor with my camera, a Sony, which is much smarter than I am. I will consult your camera experts.
I've tried adjusting in the photoshop and so far, this is the best I can do. Partly because of inadequate lighting, the faces are much too orange. I've tried reducing the yellow tones,fiddling with the contrast, and intensity, without much success. The photos of the family are not from my camera. They are terrific. I do have better luck with sunshine lighting, but we have been under ice and snow and without sun for weeks!
Expert help is needed!!!
It's an 11x14 on Archers 140 lb. wt.
Anyway, it was fun to do and the family is pleased with the actual watercolor.