WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Airbrush
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-25-2006, 08:31 PM

Hails from Portugal
industrial compressor, some doubts

i'm going to buy a industrial compressor from the general tool shop an i wanna know what i need 2 connect the airbrush hose 1/4" BSP to 1/8" BSP to the compressor air supply...do they feet or do i have to buy an adpter...i have an iwata hp-c plus

Last edited by legendasboy : 10-25-2006 at 08:47 PM.
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-25-2006, 09:39 PM
A Local Legend
USA

Hails from United States
Re: industrial compressor, some doubts

welcome to the forum!

I never remember this stuff SO, I'd take the hose to a hardware place and get connectors that actually fit and they make quick connect ends that are great for removing the hose quickly if needed. A "normal" compressor works fine. I'd prefer oil-less but there are ways to make things work. I got a porter-cable for about $250 and it's been great. no oil to mess with. turn it on and just paint. drain water each day. that's it.

tim
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-25-2006, 10:45 PM
Seward, Alaska

Hails from United States

Man, that's WAY overkill on the air supply. You could probably run a few dozen airbrushes off that thing. When it comes to air compressors for airbrushing, think smaller and quieter. You don't want to be in the middle of freehanding something and the compressor kick on and scare the crap outta you and ruin your concentration or worse, your painting.

Ricky Jackson
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-26-2006, 03:11 AM

Hails from Portugal

you can always turn it off just leting the tank full 2 work, so when it ends it ends til the next day...and i'll use just to paint canvas so i'll not have preoblems with the air finishing in the tank
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-26-2006, 03:15 AM

Hails from Portugal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorGreibowitz
welcome to the forum!
A "normal" compressor works fine. I'd prefer oil-less but there are ways to make things work.

tim

what ways? i'll have a h-04 airbrush pistol-grip filter attached to my ab does this the way?
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-26-2006, 03:28 AM

Hails from United States

If memory serves me correctly, i believe most airbrush kits include a fitting to adapt the air hose to a standard compressor fitting. And for the sake of convenience, i would buy a quick disconnect fitting for your brush. Much more convenient than unscrewing the hose every time you wish to disconnect your brush.

Some of the newer compressors are much quieter than compressors made 20 years ago. However with few exceptions, they are plenty noisy. i get around the problem by placing the compressor in another room.
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-26-2006, 03:41 AM

Hails from Portugal

i have a quick disconector...thinking of making a box and i'll be working in the addict
  #8   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-26-2006, 07:04 AM
Enthusiast
Cape Town

Hails from South Africa

Hi

I use a compressor with a 150 Litre tank, it take 8 minute to full up and I get at least 5 hours airbrushing, out of it, that is with more that two people airbrushing at the same time.

I would think it an over kill but the cost of the airbrush compressors, and the fact that I spray cars and bike make it the perfect choice.

Glen
  #9   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-26-2006, 09:42 AM
Seward, Alaska

Hails from United States

Legendasboy that is a very good point and Glen makes a very good point too; my little Sil-Aire compressor is about $1,000 now and that would buy a very nice BIG compressor that you could fill up the tank once a day, shut it off and forget it and if you ever need a *lot* of air, it's there. I have a Campbell Hausfield "roll around" compressor for spray painting but it'll blow your ears out with the noise. The Sil-Aire is perfect for my studio; I can barely hear it when it turns on but it gives me plenty of air.

Ricky Jackson
  #10   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-26-2006, 09:50 AM

Hails from Portugal

well arejay thats the problem the $1000 that those compressors cost...i have 2 buy a cheap solution so thats the way to go, and meanwhile gona borrow my dad compressor 50 litre, more cheap than that you cant have, no one beats it
  #11   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-26-2006, 10:12 AM
one of the forests of England

Hails from England

Hi,... Here you can see I too also have industrial compressor,... great for auto work,... motorcycles,... and also airbrushing,... Normally I fill the tank then switch the system off,... then when pressure falls (after approx 2 hours) I switch back on and go make a cup of tea,... by then tank is full and I can resume where I left off,...
From the commpressor I use,... 1 Female plug,...1.5/8"L x 5/8" Dia
In picture 4 and 5 I use,... 1 Male plug,... 1.5/8"L x 5/8" Dia also 1 Quick Coupler 2"L x 7/8" Dia,... picture 5 is the finished product ready for work,... hope this is of some help,... Mannie,...
Attached Images

#12   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-26-2006, 10:50 AM

Hails from Portugal

ty mannie...thats the idea...pump the air in the tank while i take a snack then switch it off to airbrush...no problem with the noise
  #13   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-26-2006, 11:10 AM
A Local Legend
USA

Hails from United States

legendasboy, not saying I KNOW all the ways... just that there are ways to make stuff work and improve little problems. I keep my compressor in another room and it doesn't bother me when it turns on.

Tim
  #14   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-26-2006, 11:45 AM

Hails from Portugal

ty professor, ty all, i'll try to learn the way to improve little problems...when i have got any.
  #15   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-03-2018, 02:24 AM

Arrow Re: industrial compressor, some doubts

My father also uses the Quincy QT-54. It is Splash Lubricated Reciprocating 5 HP, 230 Volt, 1 Phase, 60-Gallon Vertical model Air Compressor. Unfortunately, It is not a Portable machine. It is very hard to transport at any place because of it is very heavy almost 475 pounds. But it is more powerful and energy efficient air compressor compared to another general air compressor. It runs at a slower RPM, runs cooler and cost less to operate. The compressor boasts a 30,000-hour pump life rating. As an Industria air compressor, it is the right choice for industrial job applications. The powerful motor of this compressor producing still now the max pressure of 175 psi! You can visit the Industrial air compressor reviews to know more about some different industrial model.

Some Features:
  • High-Voluminous 60-gallon tank.
  • The motor delivers the max pressure of 175 psi!
  • Durable and reliable tanks with built-in overload and oil-lubricated pump.
  • The Capacitor start motor with built-in thermal overload
  • Industrial-duty US-made Baldor motor
  • 145-175 working PSI
  • Pump RPM: 1310
Thank you, everyone.