WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Subjects > Landscapes
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors
Closed Thread

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-02-2001, 11:59 AM
Veteran Member
Dohuk, N. Irak

Hails from Iraq
Plein Air Painting - In or Out?

L Diane: Thanks for a lovely look out your window! Amazing how the curtains repeat the same colors too...grin! Thanks for sharing.
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-02-2001, 02:38 PM
Enthusiast
Cary, NC

Hails from United States
Loni,

You're welcome. Thanks for your message!

Diane
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-26-2001, 01:02 PM
Montgomery Al.

Hails from United States
Thumbs up

Your picture was lovely. I'm always a little afraid of so much green. I never seem to be able to make it look interresting. I'm working on a painting right now for a client. It's rather large 60" by 60" oil on canvas.They have a huge two story foyer with a very blank wall above their entrance. I'm painting a window with the view that would be there if a real window was there. I'm haveing a little trouble makeing a so so view a little more interesting and still be whats really out the entrance of thier home. Your article has given me some new inspiration.
It must have been just wonderful getting to be in the same place that all those wonderful painting came from. Thanks for your article.
Dorothy
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-26-2001, 02:54 PM
Enthusiast
Cary, NC

Hails from United States
Dear Dorothy,

Welcome to WetCanvas!

Thank you for reading this article...I'm glad it was of help to you.

With the large project you have, sometimes it is not putting more things in, but what you can do with visual texture and light that can make a vast, open area appear to have depth and interest.

I don't know if you read my article on "Painting a Landscape on Commission" (Part 1 & 2). It covers the entire commission process from meeting with the client through completing the painting. I mention this because my client wanted their interior architecture included in the piece. Read about some of the challenges this produced and the solutions found.

Hope you enjoy it here with all of us!

All the Best with your painting!

Diane
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-26-2001, 04:38 PM
A WC! Legend
Gainesville, Fl USA

Hails from United States
For Dorothy

Dorothy,
I see you are from Montgomery Al. I work with a corporate art consultant there. Do you know them? Corporate Art Source.
Love,
Linda
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-26-2001, 06:18 PM
Montgomery Al.

Hails from United States
Thanks for reply Daine.
I not only read your article on commission painting I also printed it out for my refence notebook. It has been a real help. You are so talented. I have been painting for about 28 years but never got serious till the last couple of years. You know busy rasieing the kids and working for a living. I'm really just nervious I usually paint what I want then sell it. This is my first big work that the sale came frist. This client has orders seversl small painting also so I guess I have to get good at this persell thing fast.
Thanks,
Dorothy
Attached Images

#7   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-26-2001, 06:25 PM
Montgomery Al.

Hails from United States
O K I didn't mean to put that big picture on with my reply I thought I was adding a small pic under my name. but anyway thats one of my painting. I guess you figured tha out. Thanks from Dud Dorothy
  #8   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-26-2001, 06:37 PM
Montgomery Al.

Hails from United States
Hi Linda, I've seen Corporate Art Source listed in the yellow pages here in Montgomery but thats all. Do you sell through them?
Dorothy
  #9   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-13-2002, 08:15 PM
Immortalized
Somewhere under the rainbow!PNW

Hails from United States
from my window

Thank you for that inspiring instruction. I've only been with wetcanvas a week and I am gleaning so much wonderful information for it. Articles like yours are so educational. I did a painting from my porch recently. There isn't a plein air group here but I am in the process of forming one. Any suggestions would be appreciated! Plein air is new to me but I love it. Hopefully I'll be able to get involved in the discussions here after this summer. Thanks again. -Dianne
  #10   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-14-2002, 04:24 AM
Veteran Member
Dohuk, N. Irak

Hails from Iraq
Dorothy:

Really enjoyed the first part of your article painting landscape on commission - when will we see part two? Ever thought about bringing a workshop to Turkey or N. Cyprus - very reasonable expense and absolutely fantastic subject matter!
  #11   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-14-2002, 04:35 AM
Veteran Member
Dohuk, N. Irak

Hails from Iraq
I forgot to welcome you Diane - glad you are here - WC s GREAT!!

And Dorothy, enjoyed your BG painting
  #12   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-15-2002, 08:07 AM
Enthusiast
Cary, NC

Hails from United States
Part II

Hi Dorothy,

Yes, of "Painting a Landscape on Commission Part II" is published!

So glad you enjoyed part one! In part II I finish and deliver the painting!

And in response to your earlier question, no I have not used the Corporate sales group, but I understand they are very good. If you are that close by, it would be a great idea to check out their services. You never know what's what in your own back yard!

All the Best,
Diane
  #13   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-17-2002, 07:10 PM
A WC! Legend
Gainesville, Fl USA

Hails from United States
CAS

Dorothy,
They have been handling my work for about three years. They are very nice people.
Love,
Linda
  #14   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-13-2002, 06:26 PM
Veteran Member
English Lake District

Hails from England
Hi Diane,

Today is my first day on WC! I found your article absolutely inspiring. So I visited your web site, what a delight. Having painted watercolors for many years I am now itching to try out acrylic painting.

Maybe one time I can make it across the pond to one of your workshops.

Very best regards,

Geof.
  #15   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-13-2002, 08:20 PM
Enthusiast
Cary, NC

Hails from United States
Smile

Hi Geof,

A hearty welcome to WetCanvas! So glad you enjoyed my article and found us here. This is a great location for artists from everywhere. I hope you'll visit, learn and share your own experiences in painting!

You may already have found the Acrylics forum here. If you have an interest in painting with acrylic this is a great place to exchange ideas and information about the media and how it is used.

Since you currently use watercolor, it is a natural to work your way into acrylic. Wishing you all the best as you paint and explore your talents and materials.

And if you can't make it "over the pond" here for a workshop, I'll be back your way next Summer! Was in Gatwick airport just a week ago! Loved painting in England and France, and can't wait to do it again

All the Best,
Diane