WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Watercolor > Palette Talk
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-12-2019, 01:38 AM
Administrator
ORMSKIRK, Lancashire

Hails from United Kingdom
*** Daily Wash Thursday 12th September 2019 ***

Good morning all, cloudy but dry s far.

Art class this morning and hopefully bowls this afternoon.

Doug
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-12-2019, 04:02 AM
A WC! Legend
Australia

Re: *** Daily Wash Thursday 12th September 2019 ***

Good evening friends

Long day, lots of walking 8000 steps, ankles killing me. The day was productive, so winning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scene Chaser
JJ, good luck with your new business. As a retiree, having a business is the last thing I want.

I am having a blast, I can't imagine Not doing my business' what ever would I do with myself . I am lucky that I can do them from anywhere.
Big hugs to Ms Ferral

Nancy, no chance of rain in Brisbane and surrounds for a long time to come. Spring planting is a struggle.
Good on you for a successful shopping spree.

Anita, it is always good, not to have your eggs all in one basket. xx Awesome news on your medical procedures. Why don't you talk to a naturopath about your digestive issues. Those people are gold!! I am so happy to have found a very learned man to help me.

Thank you Uschi.. xx

I had better go cook supper.

Much love and huge hugs for all having health problem or otherwise.

#3   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-12-2019, 04:52 AM
Enthusiast

Good Morning All.
Fitted a new kitchen mixer tap.
Forgot to feed Hedgehog and went out in the dark to fill its bowl,

I did not notice the hog and emptied the food over its head!
It ran off trailing cat food but returned later.
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-12-2019, 05:12 AM
A WC! Legend
Mt Nebo Queensland Australia

Hails from Australia

Rod !
My Flickr Site
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-12-2019, 05:34 AM
Lord of the Arts
Ohio

Hails from United States

Morning Everyone

It's 5AM here in Ohio. I kept myself busy all afternoon yesterday with cleaning & laundry. This morning I'm heading out to Wal Mart to pick up a nice jacket I saw for Fall. It is lightweight, waterproof with a hood & will be great to travel with. I don't think I'll need it in Arizona but I will need something on plane & I really needed a jacket so Win, Win..

Our weather here in Ohio is hot & hot My neighbor is visiting her family in Portland, Oregon & she told it is raining there . I'm tending her flower watering & watching her house.

Just finished reading my 34th novel. This last read was for the book club at the library. It was called Sourdough by Robin Sloan. It is about a girl who works for a robotics company in San Francisco but takes up baking bread & a pretty good little story. I must admit now I want to make bread.

Well I'm off to the showers & then off to Wal Mart. I wanted to make it an early run .

Take care & Be Safe

Anita
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-12-2019, 06:45 AM
A WC! Legend
Aotearoa NZ

Evening all

Just about to go to bed here but wanted to tell those who loved the Downton Abbey series that the movie is quite delightful. Lots of laughs too.

Busy few days coming up so will catch up again next week.

#7   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-12-2019, 07:27 AM
A WC! Legend
In the middle of Michigan's thumb

Hails from United States

Good day all,

A rainy morning here. It will be too wet to do any yard work, so I'll be housecleaning instead.

Anita, my mother taught me how to bake bread as a kid, and I've been baking ever since. My standard loaf is Brown Bread made with Organic whole grain sprouted spelt. I order it online from Kroger.

Lulu, I'll be looking forward to seeing the movie, but it will have to happen when it comes to TV. Geoff will be excited, too.
Bill

Last edited by Scene Chaser : 09-12-2019 at 07:37 AM.
  #8   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-12-2019, 07:51 AM

Afternoon all. The cyclists from the Tour of Britain came through in about 3 seconds according to my husband. We'd been given an indication of when they might come through but I got held up and missed it completely.

At the art fair in Bardolino someone had painted just such a scene, Char, but they were too fast for me.

Sylvia, I hope you get your levels down.

Sharon, I love that chair of yours.

JJ, good for you starting a new business.

Bill and Lulu, I came late to Downton Abbey but I really enjoy it.

Anita, it's weeks since I really got into a novel.

Oh dear, Rod, poor hedgehog 😄😄.

Uschi, you and Hannelore must have been quite a pair!

Ellen, I stopped being superstitious years ago but I try not to walk under a ladder - to me that's just common sense, and I'd hate to break a mirror 😄.

Doug, I loved South Pacific. I was looking for it on iplayer last year and stumbled upon a series, rather similar to Blue Planet, narrated by Benedict Cumberbatch. It was called "South Pacific".

Bill, we travelled to French Polynesia last year, took for ever from the UK, but the young women did look lovely and the whole place was fascinating. We spent a lot of time in or on the water.

I'm off for a facial in a vain attempt to make myself more beautiful! I'll settle for more relaxed. It's an occasional holiday treat but we were too busy seeing things in Italy to spend time in a spa, so I'm making up for it today. I had a birthday earlier in the week so I'm indulging myself.

Have the best day you can, one and all,

QS
  #9   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-12-2019, 08:04 AM
A WC! Legend
Ontario, West of Toronto

Hails from Canada

Good Morning!!

The heat and humidity have temporarily gone, major thunderstorms everywhere but not here. We did get a bit of rain from a storms edge. Actually raining a bit right now.

It's Thursday = Cake and Scrabble Day and I am hosting. I did make Banana Loaf earlier but I really fancy apple pie and bought it yesterday. I'll add whipped cream. The pie is way too big for one person so the only time I get to eat it is when I have a bunch of people here.

Lulu, I am glad you mentioned the movie. I checked and it is coming here starting on September 19. I was given two tickets for the theatre for my birthday and still haven't used them so here is a perfect opportunity.

Rod,
Doug, Anita, Annie, Bill, JJ and all yet to come to you!!

Uschi

#10   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-12-2019, 08:11 AM
A WC! Legend
Ontario, West of Toronto

Hails from Canada

QS belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you!!!!! The facial - what a treat Sorry you missed the race.

Uschi

#11   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-12-2019, 08:25 AM
A WC! Legend
Australia

Talk about punishment, no sooner had I posted, and Tania rang. She wanted me to go walking with her at the shopping centre, as she wanted to look for dresses for her sisters wedding, and she needed to get her steps up. Mine are now just over 12000 We didn't find a dress :-D

Bed for me...
  #12   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-12-2019, 08:45 AM
A WC! Legend
Pinehurst

Hails from Canada

Hello Washers... it's not a good morning. I'm sick unto death of life handing us lemons. I came into the kitchen today to standing water in my sinks. Simon had taken a shower before he left for work and there it was, in the kitchen sink. Of course, there was water on the floor and inside the cupboard beneath the sink. The water is dark grey... that's really icky. I'll have some disinfecting to do when this gets resolved. In the meantime, I cannot call the plumber until 9:00.

The Canadian Snowbirds will be doing maneuvers over the city today at 12:30. I was hoping we could drive into town to see them, but we may be otherwise occupied.

And I need to buy a few groceries, but that can be done any time. The kitties are scarfing down their dry food as if the wolves would be at the door. They need more. I've been putting a whole banana in Ted's protein smoothie every day and I have only one more. And so on and so on and so on.

At some point today, I want to paint sweet peas. I have them drawn out.

Anita, for good results from your procedures! Happy jacket shopping!

Nancy, those new towels sound divine! I like a bath sheet, but it takes forever to dry when draped on the towel bar.

Doug, how many Students are you teaching these days?

JJ, it's good that you're enjoying all that you have going on! Life is made for filling up because we get only one kick at the cat (sorry Annie).

Rod... we don't have hedgehogs, but possums and skunks. I was feeding a feral cat, some years ago, but the other vermin were thrilled with his dinner.

Praying for rain for you, Annie.

Lulu, I've been waiting for the Downton movie for months and months!!! It'll show here in a few weeks.

Bill, the Bulk Barn here carries a couple of good organic sprouted flours. Can you not purchase it locally?

QS, you should have told us it was your BIRTHDAY!!! Enjoy your facial!

Uschi, those Farmer's Market apple pies are as good as homemade.

I'm going to get a second cup of coffee and then into my street clothes. No showering till the plumbing issue is resolved.

Have a great day everyone.

Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art. Leonardo DaVinci
Handbook Index ... Help for Newbies
  #13   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-12-2019, 08:52 AM
A WC! Legend
Southern Ontario, Canada

Hails from Canada

Just drizzling now here, but warm. Lovely breeze yesterday made it bearable.

I'm off to groceries this morning and my first time back to folk dance this afternoon

Birthday greetings to you, QS, another Virgo

That is too much JJ

Our sewing group from the Village is going to the Downton movie, looking forward to it!

Must get a move on, greetings to all here and all to come!

"Ring the bells that still can ring, Forget your perfect offering, There is a crack in everything, That's how the light gets in" Leonard Cohen
  #14   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-12-2019, 09:55 AM
WC! Guide
Michigan

Hails from United States

Hello all,

First off Happy Belated Birthday to QS, Nancy and Gail!

I've caught up on the washes and it sounds like you all are busy people. Our lives are so full these days.

We had a tornado here in Mid-Michigan last evening. It was heading toward where we live but it dissipated and we only got thunder and lightning and rain. No hail so that is good as my car can't be put in the garage because Justin has not one but TWO race cars in it. I told him when race season is over I wanted my garage back but now he's fixing the spare care up for next year. He says he'll be done before the snow flies.

((((Char)))) you sure have been dealt some bad blows lately. I'm so sorry you now have a leak. And inside your new cupboards too. I'm sending hugs to you and ((Ted)) too.

We got spanked and all seven of us turned out okay; respectful, good citizens of society. These days there is absolutely NO respect for your elders. There is something to be said about discipline when raising kids; but these days I don't see it and with what's happening in our world it's not happening much. I don't think "time outs" work at all but I don't really like spanking; maybe taking away privileges and grounding and/or take away their electronics. Kids these days don't play outside enough or communicate with others and it's all because of all the electronics ; they want for nothing. We already are seeing a world of no respect for human lives, nature, animals, etc. There are way too many spoiled, entitled, young people these days. It's a sad place to live and I worry about what my grandkids will be living through. I'm glad that my two older granddaughters are respectful and compassionate and giving and I'm hoping that the two younger ones will follow suit; they are loving and caring but I don't see much discipline with them. Okay, sorry I'll get down off my soap box now.

We are supposed to get the kids this weekend so that Jen and Matt can go to a couples retreat but one of their cars broke down (they can't catch a break either) and so she might not be able to bring them halfway like she'd planned. Larry has a 1/2 day off tomorrow and Monday off. I have all day tomorrow and Monday off. Larry has to work Saturday and Sunday though otherwise we'd head up there and get a hotel and have them there.

Josh is planning on coming home for the whole month of December. He's going to be driving with his dog and maybe Marta if she doesn't get the job she's trying to get. He will be working out of a shop here with clients from the Mid-West that have wanted work done by him for quite a while since he moved out west.

Larry and I are starting to plan our retirement. I want him to have his hernia's repaired and then he needs a colonoscopy too. He would be off for 6 weeks with the hernia surgery and possibly next year a knee replacement. I told him that would take up most of his year until he turns 65 next July and then he can retire. He's not sure he wants to go at 65 though. We are weighing all the pros and cons. My sister who is 5 years younger than us is retiring after this year. She world for the school as a para-professional and will have enough years to retire. I'm jealous. But they're much better off money-wise than we are so good for them.

I talked to my Mom last night and she told me that my Uncle (her younger brother) has prostate cancer. He already has dementia so that is not good. My sister, the one who lives with my Mom is having back surgery very soon so she will be laid up for quite some time. She is in constant pain; it's nerve pain shooting down her leg and she said nothing touches it so it's debilitating.

We canned tomatoes the other evening and we will have more possibly this weekend to do. Our garden is almost done for the year. I want to plant some bulbs this Fall so must buy them soon. We are expecting warm; summer-like weather next week yet. A nice Indian summer would be lovely because they are predicting a bad winter this year.

I hope you all have a fantastic day!! Sending ((())) and white light to all in need.

Darla
  #15   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-12-2019, 09:58 AM
A Local Legend
Northeastern Ont

Hails from Canada

everyone,
Itís foggy out and 3 but going to be sunny and 16 later.

I need to do a little shopping this morning, maybe paint a little this afternoon, and I have the art clubís business meeting this evening.

Char - I didnít give details on the painting because itís oil. Not very interesting to painters here. But the next one will be watercolour. Iím so sorry for your plumbing problem.

QS - happy birthday.

Sounds like everyone is very busy and I have to get out the door so Iíll just wish you a great day.

www.ellenspalette.com