WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Watercolor > Palette Talk
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-06-2019, 09:01 PM
A WC! Legend
Australia

Smile ***DAILY WASH*** SATURDAY 7th September 2019

Yes I am early.

Te Great South east Queensland are having a rough time. Those of you who live here, please take care. Brisbane has smoke and dust.

Raging bush fires, seventeen homes lost.

Dust storm from Western Australia has descended over the city. (I will wear a mask when I got out after lunch, I have a self-defence course with Tania to go to)

I just took these photos, they don't do justice to the dust haze. My house is covered in dust inside and out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by juneto

Ann's book Vagina bible has hit 6th in the New York Times BOOK REVIEW.
She is ecstatic and exhausted. She is So Happy .
I will hear from John and how he fared with Dorian tonight .
be well all , june

Huge congratulations to Ann

Yesterday, I ran out of zip I stayed in bed until 8.30 this morning I feel good, I needed it.

Yesterday, I got news of someone I love and admire succumbing to cancer. That knocked me for a six, as she kept it close to her chest. She is now in palliative care, immediate family only. I would loved to have given her a huge hug, and told her how much she means to me. I hope she gets my message.

I don't want sympathy from you all, thank you. It is really raw..

I have bulbs, asparagus, and seeds to plant in my flower bed when the dust subsides.

I have read right to the bottom of yesterdays wash. I am not sure I could stand snails on my face. shudder.

Lunchtime now.

Love and hugs to all

#2   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-06-2019, 09:33 PM
A WC! Legend
Pinehurst

Hails from Canada
Re: ***DAILY WASH*** SATURDAY 7th September 2019

Hi JJ... and all yet to come. I haven't shut down just yet, but will very shortly. We've been watching Dorion and it's feared that it is going to hit our Maritime Provinces at hurricane strength full on.

We do have WC friends living out there, including MA (MaryAnn) and Doris. I've visited both of them each time we take the motor home to the coast. Anyway, they're battening down the hatches and preparing for the worst.

It's a terrible shame about the dust and the fires, JJ. And I'm very sorry that your friend is now transitioning to another plane...

Now, I'm going, going, gone...

Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art. Leonardo DaVinci
Handbook Index ... Help for Newbies
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-06-2019, 10:29 PM
A WC! Legend
Australia

Oh Char and all who live there, my heart is with you.

Thank you, it was a shock, she looked awesome last time I saw her. It has been reasonable quick. She is loved by all who know her.

The dust is worse than when I typed. Alan came home from work about 30 minutes ago, and he said there is a huge dust cloud on the horizon, that he saw driving over the gateway Bridge. He said it is really, really thick, a muddy brown colour.

Lynn I love that photo of your granddaughter.

I need to go get ready..
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-07-2019, 01:22 AM
Administrator
ORMSKIRK, Lancashire

Hails from United Kingdom

Good morning all, late to sleep, late to wake.

((( Char ))) I hope something positive will happen with Ted's illness soon. I hope Dorian changes its mind and swings away from Maine. Although the video I posted was hard hitting I thought it was a valuable insight into Alzheimer's.

A delightful photograph Lynn, a wonderful time of life to capture. I hope your doctors can find a solution to your money problem.

No special plans apart from some minor electrical work.

Doug
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-07-2019, 01:49 AM
A WC! Legend
North Yorkshire (James Herriot territory)

Lovely pictures again Lynn.....great age!

Dry but grey have not seen forecast for weekend.

Geoff
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-07-2019, 03:29 AM

Morning all. JJ, sending a hug (( )).

Char, what a fine son you have, snails and all.

Lynn, it lifts my spirits every time you post a picture of that adorable girl.

Doug, I'm slowly working my way through the Alzheimer's video. Thanks for posting.

Tracy - pastels, limited palette, made me laugh.

Sylvia, your tomato photos were so cheerful.

This morning I'm off to a full day art workshop. We're doing a seascape in acrylics. It wouldn't be my first choice of subject or medium but I'll be among friends and I'll learn something.

Must get going. If I haven't mentioned you it doesn't mean you're not in my thoughts.

QS
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-07-2019, 03:36 AM
Administrator
ORMSKIRK, Lancashire

Enjoy your workshop QS.

Doug
  #8   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-07-2019, 06:26 AM
A WC! Legend
Aotearoa NZ

Evening all...

Wonderful day here.
Enjoyed going to the rugby, the All Blacks won against Tonga 92-7.

Happy birthday to Nancy. Hope you have a wonderful celebratory day!
  #9   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-07-2019, 06:59 AM
Oakwood, Ohio, near Dayton.

Hails from United States

Good Morning all,
It is almost 7:00 a.m. here in getting light Oakwood and time to call Larry in a few minutes. Windows open for another cool day here.

Lots to do today getting ready for our new fridge to arrive. We need to move some furniture in the dining room so they can swing it through the door into the kitchen. We also need to plan emptying the old refrigerator which the movers will take down to the basement. Our electric company picks up old refrigerators and gives $50 to the one turning it in. I have no idea what they do with them.

Happy Birthday, Nancy! Hope it is a great day and a good year ahead.

to all,

SYL,

Sylvia
  #10   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-07-2019, 08:26 AM
A WC! Legend
Ontario, West of Toronto

Hails from Canada

Good Morning!!

No sun yet but it is supposed to arrive soon.

We had another few drops of rain yesterday, just enough to stop me from mowing the weeds. I shall do that today sometime between playing table tennis and doing the laundry.

The bedroom closet wall is DONE!! After yesterday morning I did some more before dinner and then finished it off after dinner. Next I will paint the baseboard and then I am done.

I am so glad that Lulu kept track of Nancy's birthday so I can do my

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NANCY!!!! Wishing you a wonderful day and many happy and healthy returns!!

Sylvia, that there are no snags to the fridge move.

QS, ENJOY!!

JJ, I am so sorry about the news from your friend. Scary fires.

Lynn, your GGD is such a delight, thanks for the photo and for your health situation.

Tracy, I enjoyed reading your post, always do

June, HUGE Congratulations to Ann!!! Did she author it under a different name???

Darla, your men must be so glad about the drop in temperature and I wish you and Larry a really nice weekend.

Char, for a good day for Ted and you!!! Could you please share the recipe for your veggie burgers. I mentioned that Ava has become vegetarian and all of us have problems trying to feed her something delicious.

to you Doug and Geoff!!

Uschi

#11   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-07-2019, 09:06 AM
Veteran Member
Memphis, TN

Hails from United States

A good Saturday to all.....expecting a cooler day today, so will be headed out to the project after breakfast.

Am rethinking my project idea on the doors....spent about 4 hours yesterday taking photos of doors and realized that I'm gonna have to break this project down into specific neighborhoods and areas to do it proper....I could have an entire section just of church doors....and then there is Rhodes College (private college, which I'll have to contact to get permission to walk the campus and photography the doors), I could spend months just on Rhodes.......that's how it usually goes....great idea, then the realization that it needs to be planned out more meticulously and you start to see that the idea has suddenly become an imposing wall that you need to plan out your accent.............or just pare it down to something more limited. Gonna have to cogitate some more on this.........

Just checking in........Greetings to all. Time for breakfast and get the day kicked off..........

Be good, do good........

Steve.

P.S. Mothra the cat is progressing nicely. Pretty sure there is some brain damage that resulted from her attack and the ordeal......she seems to get quite confused just walking about the house. She's accepting that her days of adventure outside are no more....spends most of her day sleeping in my lounge chair in the studio with me.....with her protector dog beside her. Any time she gets up for food or water, Ginny trails her about until she comes back to the studio and then she assumes her post on the floor by the lounge chair...............
  #12   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-07-2019, 09:30 AM
Immortalized
Plano, Texas

Hails from United States

Thanks JJ, Lulu, Uschi, and Sylvia. My mini partner posted a note on our site, and I was bombarded with birthday wishes. The big 72 is starting off with lots of good wishes and smiles on my face.

Yesterday, I cut out doors and windows for my new little holiday house. I also attached it to a base and put the first coat of artists modeling paste on it. Today, I have to paint the frames and doors, then touch up the modeling paste and glue on stairs and a patio floor. Love working on minis and coming up with new ideas. Keeps me young.

JJ, I have been in a few dust storms here in Texas and one in Illinois. They are not fun. Hope that you are staying inside. Sorry about the loss of your friend.

Char, I can manage the cleaning, if I do it one room a day. It will be good therapy and help me keep my mind off of the upcoming surgery.

Steve, I bet Mothra has PTSD. Your door project sounds like a wonderful project to work on over the winter. You are wise to contact the college to get permission.

Off to eat breakfast and then play with my minis.
  #13   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-07-2019, 09:48 AM
A Local Legend
Northeastern Ont

Hails from Canada

everyone,
Itís cool (10) and raining so no outside jobs today. The only project will be sorting through my shelves of books to downsize them. The pocket books Iíve saved since I was a teen will be read or donated and only the favourites will be kept. I have dozens of Xmas idea books that can be donated as well as house repair books that are out of date. Itís easier to see repair videos online. Other than that project it will be a relaxing day.

Happy birthday Nancy.

I better get dressed. A woman just called and is coming over to pick up something and I need to be in something other than my nightgown. I hope you can find a way to enjoy your day everyone.

www.ellenspalette.com
  #14   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-07-2019, 09:51 AM
Immortalized
West of Toronto in God's country

Hails from Canada

Morning all it is Mary day today for Sylvia she is away to the hairdressers for a perm. It seems word of mouth gets around , her hairdresser received a call from a lady involved with the police with elder abuce once she gets involved there is no going back the police make extensive equities as to how serious this matter is received . Her next door neighbour is a school principal and he says its is a matter for police . She was out walking her dog for its clearing her bladder before coming in for the night . Those layabouts in the house knew she was out walking the dog shut all the lights out in the house and locked all the doors when Jill walked back to get in the house she hadn't taken her keys but she had her car fob in her pocket she pressed that opened the garage door and got in through the garage . If it had been me I would have called the cops then but she is so frightend of those people who are trying to sell her house under her that she says nothing . So now the police are involved maybe something positive will happen .

Cant wait to see the playoff today with Bianca and Williams. in the tennis finals .

Les.
  #15   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-07-2019, 10:04 AM
A WC! Legend
In the middle of Michigan's thumb

Hails from United States

Good day all,

Happy Birthday Nancy!

Rained during the night and quite cool out. I'll be putting the portable air conditioner away today.

JJ, sorry your friend is passing.

Steve, glad Mothra is improving. Love that she has her own guard dog and constant companion.
I like the idea of your door project. Sometimes they're the most interesting part of a building. And sometimes sort of a peak at what's ahead.

Nancy, I bet some model railroad builders would love to have your talent. I love the small train systems and had some as a child. I still find it fascinating.

Must shower and dash to town for bananas.
Bill