WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Watercolor > Palette Talk
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-13-2019, 01:04 AM
Administrator
ORMSKIRK, Lancashire

Hails from United Kingdom
*** Daily Wash Thursday 13th June 2019 ***

Good morning all, overcast but dry at the moment. We are expecting a deluge todat, so I doubt if we will be able to play bowls this afternoon Art class this morning.

It doesn't feel like June, temperatures are hovering around the low teens.

Got up in the night and caught Ruth reading in bed with her bad eye. She is getting strange patterns in her cataract eye when it is closed. Not sure if it is something to worry about. She is able to crochet a little.

Doug
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-13-2019, 03:44 AM
A WC! Legend
North Yorkshire (James Herriot territory)

Re: *** Daily Wash Thursday 13th June 2019 ***

Guess what? Raining again....gardening plans scuppered.
Geoff
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-13-2019, 03:48 AM
Administrator
ORMSKIRK, Lancashire

I was wondering where everyone was.

Yes, it has started raining here.

Doug
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-13-2019, 05:08 AM
A WC! Legend
Mt Nebo Queensland Australia

Hails from Australia

Not raining here.

That won't happen until the roofing iron is off, she said in her best pessimistic voice. All go go go on this front.

Re the fall preventers, occ health and safety laws demand that they be installed. Love the union movement. Gets rid of Cowboys.

It may seem unnecessary as the roof they are working on is relatively flat but I don't want a workmans brains all over the place from a misstep. Even a few metres can cause death.

Roger and cats are fed. I'm watching chopped
My Flickr Site
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-13-2019, 06:04 AM
Oakwood, Ohio, near Dayton.

Hails from United States

Good Morning all,
It is just 6:00 a.m. here in getting light Oakwood. Birds are quiet this morning. We are expecting more rain today. Had thunder and lightning accompany the rain yesterday evening.

Larry went for another walk yesterday!

No railings on roofs here in Oakwood. Lots of steep roofs too. Larry's looking into getting a new roof later this year on our house. The company we used last time, who did a great job, is only doing commercial buildings now so he's trying to find another one to do the roof.

Kari still has no energy from the pneumonia, but she said she is getting a lot of necessary phone calls done to utilities and such.

Doug, I hope Ruth's eye calms down and heals quickly.

to Geoff, Annie, and all who are on their way.

SYL,

Sylvia
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-13-2019, 06:27 AM
A WC! Legend
Australia

Good evening all.

Lovely day here too Annie, and really warm. I was quite hot at South Bank today.

I met a friend for coffee, and afterwards had a wander through the art galleries.

I love this panting by Vida Lahey. "Monday Morning"

Dick Roughsey 1924 - 1985 was born on Mornington Island.
His artist practice started with bark paintings, painting traditional Lardil stories., and under the tutelage of Ray Crooke, he became a modernist oil painter.

In the 1970s he began illustrating childrens books with the help of Percy Trezise. These two men formed a lifelong friendship.

Char big hugs for GirlieGirl.. How is ted doing?

Lulu, what a fabulous journey your sister is having. She is visiting all the places I have been too. I love Canada with a Passion.

Hugs for Steve and Lisa!

It is not even 8.30pm and I am falling asleep. I will check back in, in the morning.

Love and hugs to all..
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-13-2019, 06:41 AM

Morning all. Not raining here but generally damp. Middle son's garden is flooded as they have a drainage problem. Annoying for them but great fun for the two older boys who are scooping up the water from the lawn and putting it down the drain. They could do it all day and it hardly makes a difference but it keeps them amused.

We're going to a barbecue tonight! I think I'll wear wellies and woolies.

We're due to get our house painted next month and we now have to have scaffolding. Previously the painter just climbed up his ladder. It should have been done this month but the painter has put the job back and I'm expecting further delays due to this bad weather. Looks like no summer holiday for us as we need to be here when the house is being painted 😟.

Bill, I hope your hip feels better.

Steve, virtual hugs (( )) to Lisa and I hope the agony abates soon. The fence story made me smile, wryly.

Lulu, buongiorno.

Ellen, your safety warning reminded me of the warnings we see on packets of peanuts "May contain nuts". Mind you, there's no accounting for numptiness.

Nancy, your knives, forks and spoons are amazing! What a cheek that someone demanded the file.

Tracy, ouch! It's ages since I've had a blister, probably because I stick to my comfy trainers for long walks.

Char, sorry to hear about GirlieGirl.

Uschi, I hope you get to the bottom of the usage mystery. I recently read an article about neighbours (in general, not a particular case) "stealing" bandwidth via wifi. It suggested changing the password, but I think you've already done that.

Regards to all I've missed.

QS
  #8   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-13-2019, 06:43 AM

Wow, JJ! Thanks for posting that.
  #9   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-13-2019, 07:39 AM
A Local Legend
Northeastern Ont

Hails from Canada

everyone,
It is grey and raining once again. It will help with the large forest fire south west of us which is still out of control, but the low temps donít feel anything like summer. The high today will be 11 but warmer tomorrow.

Today will be very busy. At noon I meet my nursing friends for lunch and a long chat. Then I need to rush home to make the dessert Iím bringing for our art clubís pot luck supper tonight. It marks the end of our business year and soon open studios on Sunday afternoons will start.

It feels so good to be on maintenance now with the yard and gardens. I love going out first thing in the mornings to inspect everything and pull any weeds I see in the grass. The rain will help all the new plantings settle in and the grass seed sprout.

We have very few squirrels here that donít look anything like the ones I see down south. Ours are red, small, with a thin, scruffy tail. Maybe with global warming the southern ones will make their way north but I hope not. Ours never seem interested in the gardens at all and we see more Chipmunks than them.

Char - Iím sorry you lost Girlie-girl. She seemed to be quite the character.

Uschi - I think I would ask your grandkids if they have been using your WIFI and if not get the computer in to be checked. You have no idea what that extra usage is being used for as well as cutting down on what you can use.

I better get my bills paid online (unlike Char I love doing it and am always grateful that I donít have to go in to the bank). The only reason Iíve actually been in a bank in the last year was to get a new card when I lost mine.

Lots of wishes for healing to our washers and their families not well. Enjoy your day.

www.ellenspalette.com
  #10   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-13-2019, 07:55 AM
Administrator
ORMSKIRK, Lancashire

Rained off! No bowls this afternoon, thunder and lightning forecast mid-afternoon.

Doug
  #11   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-13-2019, 08:00 AM
Veteran Member
Memphis, TN

Hails from United States

A good Thursday to all....cool here this morning, like 59į cool....strange weather for the middle of June already. Usually by this time of the year we're in the mid 70's for mornings and low to mid 90's or higher by noon. Rain forecast for most of the coming week. Had to set out the sprinkler this morning, while the temps have been more than comfortable, the humidity is way down and what sun we have had the past 4-5 days is sucking any moisture out of the ground. Overall, a glorious day ahead.

No big plans other than helping Lisa and a trip to the vets. After doing all my yard work yesterday, last night putting up the lawn mower and such, I turned around to cut the lights out, when some movement caught my eye in the back of the garage....a small kitten, maybe 6-8 weeks old had somehow slipped into the garage while I had it opened. A small orange tabby, scared, and shaking.......looks like someone maybe dropped it off at the road side and it made it's way to the garage. Checked with the neighbors, nobody is missing a kitten, so it looks like we have acquired another cat in the family. Will take it to the vet today to have it checked out and start on shots....then it gets a bath. Seems to like its new digs (pet carrier) and the kitty food.....likes to be held, just settles in and starts purring contentedly.......I swear our house is a cat magnet.

Doug....after my cataract surgery, while there was an immediate clarity, I had these little fuzzy patches, but the week after I went back in, she zapped my eyes with some laser device. Said that when they break the old lens up sometimes there are small pieces that remain. After that and since my sight has been almost perfect....my eyes do dry out somewhat more now, but the moisture drops take care of that.

JJ....thanks for posting your pictures. Lovely pieces.

Need to get moving. Lisa's Gabapentin must be kicking in cause she's still in bed sleeping soundly this morning. Every since her surgery, she's been up around 4-4:30 in pain......keeping my fingers crossed.

Cats are singing the songs of their people......let just a little of the bottom of the food bowl show and it's an all out issue equal to the Apocalypse. Tell me they haven't trained us properly.....BBL

Greetings to all here and those to come....may your day or evening be a great one.

Be good, do good.....the world is in dire need.
Steve.
  #12   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-13-2019, 08:20 AM
A WC! Legend
Ontario, West of Toronto

Hails from Canada

Good Morning!!

A dull day, maybe bits of rain, a high of 19C.

Personally I am loving this weather, feels like spring not like most years where we jump straight into hot summer.

My entire downstairs is spickety clean and smelling nice. The upstairs (mostly my studio/ den/ woman cave/ master bedroom where I did most of my smoking) is another story. That will take a long time, I'll probably start after the second eye surgery. I'll concentrate on the garden until then.

It's Thursday = Cake and Scrabble day, Super Baker is hosting.

I haven't seen any sign of the groundhog again since I sprinkled the garlic powder, maybe that stuff really is the magic portion.

re computer, I am sticking my head in the sand for the time being

Char, and (((()))) for Ted.

Steve and (((()))) for Lisa.

Doug, and (((())))) for Ruth!!

JJ, beautiful art.

Bill, hope your hip feels better today.

Nancy, re your cutlery

Tracy, what a strenuous trip, hope you are happy with the results.

to all here and all yet to come and I wish us all a really good day!!

Uschi

#13   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-13-2019, 08:50 AM
A WC! Legend
In the middle of Michigan's thumb

Hails from United States

Good day all,

Rained overnight and will continue for a while yet.

My hip feels much better. I worked all day in the yard and garden and it seems to have worked itself out. Thanks for your good wishes...they worked.

Steve, good on you for taking in the kitten. Nothing melts the heart more than a frightened, hungry kitten.
All of our many cats were walk-ins. And, after a day at our home they were ours to keep.

I prepared for the rain and cut boards up to make one last raised bed for the year. So I'll be in the garage for the day.
Bill

#14   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-13-2019, 09:30 AM
A WC! Legend
Pinehurst

Hails from Canada

Good Morning from a wet and wild SW of Ontario. Yes, it's raining. Well... it was raining. We won't get more till later this afternoon. The internet techs are coming here after lunch to relocate our Receiver and, naturally, thunderstorms are predicted.

Dr. Ben Musa told us yesterday that Ted's liver disease is "advanced". He scheduled a second endoscopy in mid July. Don't despair... his enzymes are appearing to be doing their jobs, his weight is holding, his blood pressure is good and his sugar numbers are excellent. We'll see his endocrinologist on Monday to discuss some of that stuff.

It's construction season here... the main, and very busy, highway is the 401. From east to west, it's down to two lanes on either side of the road. Speeds are considerably slower and it takes much longer to get from once city to the next. Travelling west to Windsor is normally a 45 minute drive for us. It takes about 1.5 hours now to get to the Dr.'s office. On the way home, though, we got stuck in stop and go traffic. It was 2.5 hours before we pulled in our own driveway. Exhausting.

There is an alternate route. It's longer and the speed limit is slower (under normal conditions), but it's not under construction. We'll be going that way on Monday.

Ted found an old chicken lawn ornament. He's asked me to paint it to look like GirlieGirl. I have lots of acrylic tubes and I'll do that today or tomorrow. He'll place it over her as a tribute.

Tracy, are you heading for home? Are you home? My darned internet is making it a challenge to keep up with everything.

Betty, were you able to snap photos of your fawn?

Doug, I hope Ruth's eye continues to heal and the fuzzy bits disappear. It's below seasonal temperatures, here.

Geoff!

Chopped! I love that show, Annie. Our very steep roof has no protective measures and it's also metal.

Sylvia, how's the fridge hunt going? ((Kari))

Yours is a very artful post today, JJ!

QS... there is something about puddles and children that is just magic. I'm sure that it will be safer for your painters to be using scaffolding.

Ellen, interestingly enough, we do not have many chippies here. There are a few in the Carolinian forest at Rondeau, though. Our squirrels don't bother with our garden or the bird feeders. I've been thinking about that because of Sylvia's problems with them... we have two large walnut trees on our yard and we fill a peanut feeder for them.

Steve... another kitty. That's ok. How many do you have? We seem to be a drop off, also. But, no one's gifted us with them for a few years. Baby Kitty was the last and he was injured. ((Lisa))

Uschi, I urge you to get your computer taken care of. It's not going to get better. Or go away on its own.

Raised beds make gardening so much easier, Bill!

Ok. It's dark as the inside of a cow. Rain is clearly going to fall any minute. I've had my first cup of coffee while visiting. And the clock is ticking away. I'm not dressed yet, and I'd better get a move on. Have yourselves a happy and creative day!

Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art. Leonardo DaVinci
Handbook Index ... Help for Newbies
  #15   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-13-2019, 09:42 AM
Administrator
ORMSKIRK, Lancashire

(((ted and Char))) what an ordeal travelling to the hospital is Char. I hope that they can find a way of helping Ted. I think your rigorous diet must be helping Ted tremendously. What a lovely tribute to GirlieGirl.

Ironically it is now fine and we could be playing bowls.

Doug