WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Watercolor > Palette Talk
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-10-2019, 01:13 AM
Administrator
ORMSKIRK, Lancashire

Hails from United Kingdom
*** Daily Wash Monday 10th June 2019 ***

Good morning all, anther fine morning

A routine Monday for us, driving Ruth to her knitting groups, shopping etc.

Doug
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-10-2019, 02:20 AM
A WC! Legend
Mt Nebo Queensland Australia

Hails from Australia
Re: *** Daily Wash Monday 10th June 2019 ***

Good evening Doug and all who follow.

Sleepless night, warm sunny day, lots of work so for rest tonight.

My Flickr Site
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-10-2019, 02:51 AM
A WC! Legend
North Yorkshire (James Herriot territory)

Sunny,heavy rain forecast.
Geoff
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-10-2019, 04:17 AM
A WC! Legend
Mt Nebo Queensland Australia

Hails from Australia

As an aside, how GOOD is Ash Barty?
My Flickr Site
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-10-2019, 04:53 AM

Good morning all. Grandparent day today so off to the children's farm shortly.

Annie, who or what is Ash Barty?
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-10-2019, 05:40 AM
A WC! Legend
North Yorkshire (James Herriot territory)

Had to look r up....tennis wiinner.
Geoff
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-10-2019, 06:02 AM
A WC! Legend
Australia

Good evening all. what a day I have had.

I took my car in for service at 0800 went to my favourite coffee shop for my morning coffee, and stayed there for an hour working on my phone.
I got a good sized order for Younique Skincare, and the phone rang. Kmart, they may take a little longer, about 30 minutes more.

I wandered around the shopping plaza getting my steps up (I hate walking on concrete floors) and checking out the upgrade on my phone. I couldn't buy knitting needles or decent wool at the plaza, so decided to walk on over to the car service centre.

They had done the service, but needed to degrease the engine, because there is an oil leak they need to find. Car wont be ready now until after 3.00pm.

I caught a bus to Carindale, thought I'd for sure get wool over there, and lunch

I was going to buy the wool and needles, when a lady looking at wool too said don't buy it. Go to Spotlight, they have a good sale.

I wandered around some more, waked down to JB Hifi to talk about a new Galaxy Tab and the latest Samsung phone. Interesting stuff, so went to Optus on the lower level to ask them about my options. The salesman came over to me, and offered to show me the phones and talk about the differences he had on display. We talked for about five minutes, and I asked him to show me plans, and what would be best for me, leasing or owning.

He as explaining that the leasing was cheaper, and I said right that is what I will do then, and blow me if this officious lady with a clipboard came up to us and told him to serve someone else. I said nicely, but he is serving me, and she said nastily I needed to make an appointment.

Both the salesman and I were stunned, and he shuttled off leaving me standing there. Well there goes their sale as I won't buy a phone off them now. I don't believe it. He had closed the deal with me, just needed to go write it up, and she told him to go serve someone else.

Their supervisor will be hearing from me tomorrow.

So I caught the bus back to The service centre and wow, my car was just ready. So I paid, and discovered the quoted 380.00 became 480.00. I have to take the car back in two weeks and they will look again as to where the oil leak is, seeing as they couldn't find it today. More money, maybe big money.

I said to the salesman, maybe I should trade up my car, and he quickly said no! He said apart from the oil leak, there was nothing wrong with it.

I then drove to spotlight, and after ringing my friend Carol, successfully spent $40.00 on wool and a set of #6 bamboo needles.

Doug and Ruth thank you for the Cowl pattern. Is there anyway of rotating it Doug? I arrived upside down (I don't have a printer right now)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu

Lynn, I was imagining JJ with a cow lying flat on her neck too

I like cows!

Love and hugs to all I need to put my feet up.
  #8   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-10-2019, 06:21 AM
Oakwood, Ohio, near Dayton.

Hails from United States

Good Morning all,
It is 6:15 a.m. here in rainy Oakwood. It was just coming down but seems to have stopped now.

I redrew my downy woodpecker picture for class this afternoon. I thoroughly messed up the background on the first one I started last Monday. Took it off the board and tore it up. I'll use the pieces from the back for testing paints.

What a day you had, JJ. That supervisor who shooed the salesman away from you when you were almost ready to buy the product was really rude and stupid too.

Doug, Larry's knee is doing pretty good. He's being careful with it so the injection he had last week can do its job. No speed walking yet but he said his leg feels better than it had before the injection. Thanks for asking.

to all,

SYL,

Sylvia

Last edited by painterbear : 06-10-2019 at 07:10 AM.
  #9   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-10-2019, 06:51 AM
A WC! Legend
In the middle of Michigan's thumb

Hails from United States

Good day all,

JJ, did you go to Spotlight? What a stupid manager. An appointment to buy a phone?

Sylvia, I've torn up many a ruined painting. I once took a workshop from the late Irving Shapiro. He said that he through out 3 of every 4 paintings he did.

Off to the city to shop and exchange today. I've made an egg salad sandwich for Janet's lunch and I'll have a Costco hot dog. Don't tell Janet, cause she doesn't allow me to eat them.
Bill

#10   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-10-2019, 07:12 AM
A WC! Legend
Australia

Yes Bill, I went to Spotlight. It is a craft store, not a lot unlike your Michaels, but no art supplies.
They have materials, wool, manchester, curtains, craft supplies, and the like.
  #11   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-10-2019, 07:18 AM
A WC! Legend
Ontario, West of Toronto

Hails from Canada

Good Morning!!

We are supposed to get rain but it hasn't arrived yet. High 20C.

It is good because I won't be tempted with the garden since I have to do the club's finances, take the money to the bank, write out a cheque for repair of a broken table, deliver the cheque at the senior centre and play and chat while I am there.

I was invited for dinner at DIL's parents house, had a nice evening eating and chatting.

JJ, although rude, the lady might have done you a favor by saving you from buying the phone since the car cost that much more. Enjoy your knitting.

Oh, Annie, you do NOT want to copy Geoff's sleeping behavior, yes, for tonight.

Sylvia, losing the paper isn't so bad but the time stretching it Yes, we all have failures.

QS, you will be busy

Bill, I don't shop at Costco but I did hear that their hot dogs are excellent - enjoy!!!

to you Doug and Geoff!!

Uschi

#12   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-10-2019, 08:11 AM
A WC! Legend
Pinehurst

Hails from Canada

Good Morning! It's really breezy out of the south that's bringing rain with it. We're still dry, but that's temporary.

The only thing on my agenda today is to deliver the garbage to the transfer station. I've been breaking down the many cardboard boxes that "stuff" is shipped in and I'll get that out of the house also. My watercolour paper, for example, is shipped is really heavy boxes. I use it for storage, but I've done some consolidation and cleanup. Many times, we keep the boxes that appliances are packaged in. My Christmas gift, the cordless vacuum, still has its box downstairs. Well... it'll be gone, gone, gone.

I think I'll return all the little pots we emptied from our bedding plants. I like to take them back to the nurseries because they can be re-used. I hate single use plastic and this is one way to keep them out of the landfill. Our Federal government is drafting a bill to ban many of the single use plastics by 2025. It's not soon enough.

A little town here in Ontario, Exeter, is working on a ban of single use plastics. Young Grade 9 Students are championing the programme and have lots of support from the residents. That's meaningful action.

Well... that got kind of soap boxy.

A hearty hello to Doug, Geoff, Annie and QS. I did google young Ashleigh and, yes, she's an impressive young woman!

JJ, that unbelievably rude woman gave you an opportunity to rethink whether or not your really need to upgrade your phone.

I feel as though rudeness is becoming more and more prevalent and I sure rail against it.

What a shame about your painting, Sylvia. I keep everything. Even the stuff I really hate. It tells me things. I'm glad that Larry's feeling better.

Bill, I don't approve of hot dogs, bologna and process meats for my family. But every now and again, I turn a blind eye. Those Costco dogs are among their favourites!

Uschi, you've got a busy day ahead of you!

Surprisingly, while out yesterday, I noticed as farmers were finally working up the land that it seemed rather dry! We actually could use the rain. My potatoes are poking through the soil... I didn't think they would because it was SO wet and cold. Nature is amazing.

Prince Philip is 98 years old today. Wow.

I'm going to browse around a bit while I seem to have internet. to All yet to come... I hope everyone enjoys a happy and creative day!

Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art. Leonardo DaVinci
Handbook Index ... Help for Newbies
  #13   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-10-2019, 08:11 AM
A Local Legend
Northeastern Ont

Hails from Canada

everyone,
It is overcast and raining lightly with heavier rain expected. We are actually under a rainfall warning. The cooler air feels so nice after the last 2 days over 30.

I have a huge list of indoor chores to do that will take me a couple of days. Iíll also go out and fertilize the grass and let the rain water it in.

One other thing I need to do today is my nails. They are a mess after the gardening and teaching dyeing! Iíll cut them short and soak and clean out the imbedded dirt and dye.

No other news so Iíll wish you all a great start to your week.

www.ellenspalette.com
  #14   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-10-2019, 08:55 AM
Veteran Member
Memphis, TN

Hails from United States

A good Monday to all......sunny and dryer today. Supposed to be nice this week with no rain till the end of the weekend....weeds are so much easier to pull when the ground is soggy. Filled three yard size bags yesterday from the last remaining plot. Will spread mulch this morning.

Not much else planned....still nursing Lisa. Back is doing fine, but her hip is keeping her laid up. Trying to get her an appointment as quickly as possible with my Ortho....this woman has always been able to handle pain, but this thing with her hip has left her in tears and faint on the floor numerous times unable to move. She is basically limited to the recliner, sofa or bed....no going into work today.

Cats are plotting.........food or outdoors........or both. Greetings to all here and those to come.....BBL

Be good, do good...
Steve.
  #15   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-10-2019, 09:13 AM
A WC! Legend
Ontario, West of Toronto

Hails from Canada

Steve, tell Lisa I am soooooo sorry about her hip issue and Must be a pinched nerve, hope something can be done VERY quickly.

Sylvia, for Larry's knee.

Char, re plastic - I may have told you this before but one of our scrabble ladies, Suhas, originally from Bombay, lives 6 months there and 6 months here, told us that plastic is totally banned in Bombay and people are actually fined if they are seen using it. She told us about putting her passport into a plastic bag to stop it getting wet during the monsoon and she was severely chastised for it. So the question is, if they can do it in Bombay surely we can do it here We all managed just fine before it came along.

P.S. See HERE

Hi Ellen!!

Uschi

Last edited by Uschi : 06-10-2019 at 09:17 AM.