WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Watercolor > Palette Talk
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-09-2019, 01:31 AM
Administrator
ORMSKIRK, Lancashire

Hails from United Kingdom
*** Daily Wash Sunday 9th June 2019 ***

Good morning all, the clouds have parted and we have hazy sunshine. I don't know how long it will last.

Wetcanvas is slow to respond of late.

Nothing much planned for today.

Doug
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-09-2019, 04:05 AM
Enthusiast

Re: *** Daily Wash Sunday 9th June 2019 ***

Should be good today, Monday to Wednesday will be stinkers. heavy rain and several inches at a time to boot.
I bought a cheap trail camera and have been moving it around the garden.
At least two hedgehogs coming into the garden from different directions.
Many cats (well at least five) and what might be a fox running along the garden wall and over the fence at the top.
Oh! and several bats, probably Pipistrelles
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-09-2019, 04:07 AM
WC! Guide
Llangarron Herefordshire UK

Good morning Doug, good morning all.

Nice sunny morning with some cloud.
East coast looks set for a soaking Monday - look out Geoff!

Char - I did keep feet elevated and it helped!

JJ - re bandaide - a friend said I needed a silver spray. Probably same idea. I must get some.

Uschi - had to chuckle when I read about the Dance School! I sat through two hours of 3 to 18 year olds doing their ballet routines when my young grand-daughter did her two minute slot a few years ago. Incredibly boring - all waving their arms about and teetering about on tip of toes. Ballet was never my thing ... but these occasions are a must for grandparents.

Have a good day everyone

Mike
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-09-2019, 04:58 AM
A WC! Legend
North Yorkshire (James Herriot territory)

Sunny at moment.
Geoff
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-09-2019, 05:02 AM
A WC! Legend
Australia

Good evening all.

I went to church, and stopped in at my freind Julies on the way home as she had some knitting needles for me to borrow. I have a circular US 6 (4.00mm) circular needle and a 12 mm set and don't know what size wool I should use.

I was going to knit the 8 ply I made the arm warmers on the circular, but the knitting I am doing is very tight.

I'd like to knit a cowl scarf. Can't find a decent pattern in 8ply.

Mike I don't recommend using silver spray or colloidal silver for that matter without first googling, and second asking your Dr or pharmacist. I know colloidal silver is dangerous.

I would like a trail camera for my garden. Would be fun to see who is visiting. Alan saw a fox once. I wanted chickens but....

Uschi, so glad you got to play table tennis xx

Char, yay for ted eating, and double yay for your craftiness..

It rained all night last night, so no watering needed here..

I have t go, my housemate just walked in and dinner is ready. I threw a chicken thigh dish together in the pressure Cooker. Why did I wait so long to get one.

Later..
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-09-2019, 05:29 AM
Oakwood, Ohio, near Dayton.

Hails from United States

Good Morning all,
It is almost 5:30 a.m. here in still dark, but not quiet, Oakwood. It must have rained overnight because the windows have water drops on them.

Off to the grocery store later this morning to restock our fresh fruits and veggies and maybe pick up a chicken. I'm getting hungry for a roast chicken dinner and we have a couple of cooler days in store.

Char, Good news about Ted's appetite.

Kay, I'm glad you had a good day and even snag a parking space close to the door when you got home from shopping.

to all,

SYL,

Sylvia
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-09-2019, 05:37 AM
Administrator
ORMSKIRK, Lancashire

Hi Geoff, Rod, Mike, JJ sunny now.

JJ, Ruth just knits a long scarf and sews the ends together with a twist so the cow lies flat against the neck.

PS Hi Sylvia, how is Larry getting around?

Doug
  #8   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-09-2019, 05:50 AM
A WC! Legend
Australia

Thanks for that Doug, I do need to know what wool goes with what needles. When I knitted the kids jumpers, it was double knit and No 8 needles. Now they are in mm

From my garden today.

Senecio barbertonicus (Succulent Bush Senecio)
I need to repot this plant in spring. I found out today, it can grow to six feet, and has the most gorgeous yellow flowers. It also lives happily in a pot.

Passion fruit Marigold - Tagetes lemmonii

Beans! I am excited!

Remember the pineapple the possums beat me too? They left me the top, s I am growing another one. Wonder who gets to this one first

Red skinned potato. I planted two, just to see if they'd grow. The other one has poked his leaf out a quarter of an inch!
  #9   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-09-2019, 05:57 AM
Administrator
ORMSKIRK, Lancashire

JJ, Ruth has a cowl pattern. I'll try and send it to you. She's not sure whether you can put a twist in it.

Doug
  #10   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-09-2019, 06:14 AM
A WC! Legend
Australia

Thank you Doug, I really appreciate it xx Thanks Ruth, you are a gem
  #11   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-09-2019, 07:15 AM
A WC! Legend
In the middle of Michigan's thumb

Hails from United States

Good day all,

We are expecting rain today. I'll try to get some things done outside before it arrives.

Chicken for me too, Sylvia. I'll marinate it in whey left over from making Greek yogurt. I'm using the the air fryer.

JJ, I tried to cook chicken in the instant pot but it was just overcooked. I'm sure I did something wrong.

I have two gas trimmers to give away. The electric Makita works great. Nice not to have to mix oil and gas and store it.
Bill

#12   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-09-2019, 07:40 AM
A WC! Legend
Ontario, West of Toronto

Hails from Canada

Good Morning!!

Another absolutely gorgeous day in the making.

I'll be spending time outside and it is also laundry day.

Garden woes - I had a couple of years reprieve from groundhogs but saw something disappear behind the bushes as I was stepping outside on the deck.

Checked the area and true enough, there was the hole dug under the fence right behind a bush. I blocked it off, which usually doesn't do much good, they just re dig and hoped that maybe the groundhogs don't like garlic, I sprinkled lots of it.

As I sat on the deck, every time a bit of wind came in my direction it was oozing with garlic

Char, things must be going in the right direction with Ted for more and more to come!!!!!

Kay, I gather this was an outdoor pool, I hope it stays nice and warm so you can enjoy your swims. So glad you had a good day yesterday!!

Mike

JJ, the paper around the ball of yarn should tell you what needles to use. Your garden is looking good and healthy. Glad you are enjoying the "pot"

Rod, since you are very fond of animals that camera should give you lots of enjoyment.

Betty

to you Doug, Geoff. Bill and Sylvia!

Wishing us all a really good day!!

Uschi

#13   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-09-2019, 08:32 AM
A Local Legend
Northeastern Ont

Hails from Canada

everyone,
Itís sunny and going to be a hot one again. It got up to 30 yesterday and will again today. I have all the windows open right now even though it is just 15 to cool off the house before closing them up again. The next 5 days are supposed to have rain day and night so I need to finish up the jobs outside. The outside air smells of smoke from a few forest fires in the region. The fire danger is at extreme right now. The expected rain will help that.

It was still too hot to garden yesterday evening so that is what Iíll do first thing this morning. We are going to go pick up one more plant I need and a hummingbird feeder first. I was watering in my planters on the deck the other day and a hummingbird hovered 2 ft away looking at the flowers.

The workshop went well except the room was hot with no air conditioning. Also there were 14 women all wanting my attention at once. : I have to organize all the supplies again today that I just shoved in bags to get home after.

I am also going to make another loaf of sourdough just because it is perfect rising weather.

So my day is full and I hope yours is full of enjoyable activities too.

www.ellenspalette.com
  #14   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-09-2019, 08:35 AM
A WC! Legend
Australia

Bill, I follow Chars instructions and only cook my chicken thighs for 10 minutes. So far lovely and moist.

Uschi, will look.

Bedtime now, have to take my car in for its service at 8.00am.
  #15   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-09-2019, 09:40 AM
A WC! Legend
Southern Ontario, Canada

Hails from Canada

Another lovely day here too! The golfers will be happy Several Canadians doing well in our Canadian Open. If one of them doesn't get it, I am rooting for Rory, Doug!

BTW, the cow around the neck would be awkward, thanks for the smile

Feeling virtuous as I have made muffins for breakfast!

They are the oat bran Banana ones with sprouted ww flour, almond flour and regular white flour. No oat bran, but they are just as good

Good that Ted is eating, Char!

Hope you caught the invader in time Uschi...eternal vigilance I guess. We have decided our lack of sprouting beans is due to the jack pines over the garden there, I thought the needles might be a good mulch, not so! I am not the only one with the problem.

Your garden is growing well JJ, good luck with the pineapple!

Camera is fun Rod!

Greetings to all, have a good day!

"Ring the bells that still can ring, Forget your perfect offering, There is a crack in everything, That's how the light gets in" Leonard Cohen