WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Watercolor > Palette Talk
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-16-2019, 01:09 AM
A WC! Legend
North Yorkshire (James Herriot territory)

Hails from United Kingdom
** Daily Wash Thursday 16th May. 2019 **

Disturbed night again...weather good again.
No plans.
Geoff
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-16-2019, 01:32 AM
A WC! Legend
Australia

Re: ** Daily Wash Thursday 16th May. 2019 **

Hya Geoff and all to come

Some of my plans changed. After filling the bird feeder with lorikeet nectar, I went and check on my hanging plants, turned around and banged my head o the feeder spilling some of the sticky mixture in my hair. So had to wash my hair which makes it two days in a row.

So while I was washing my hair I decided to apply my brightening face mask, and while that was drying I decided to wash my makeup brushes. So after all that I did not get too the nursery. There is still time though, but do I feel like it now?

I did get a video of the family of lorikeets who live near my garden and visit every day. I don't feed them every day, I have trees that they love to feed on.

Char I know, i just wanted you to know just how big these birds are I had one fly straight at me under the patio once, he looked like a dive bomber. I don't know who got the biggest fright, him or me. I was stunned, he flew around me. I had my camera in my hand, but................

#3   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-16-2019, 01:38 AM
Administrator
ORMSKIRK, Lancashire

Good morning Geoff, reasonable night's sleep here.

Hi JJ, what beautiful birds you get in your garden.

Had fun last evening, the loved my apple pie.

Art class and bowls today.

Doug
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-16-2019, 03:13 AM
A WC! Legend
Mt Nebo Queensland Australia

Hails from Australia

Good evening all.

The forty eight hour blackout on political advertising by TV and radio is in place so I can breathe without screaming again. The only caveat to that is don't go on line. Election is on Saturday which should be good viewing on the ABC.

Apart from that, weed hacking, mowing, sowing new grass, cat patting (though I may reconsider patting the black cat in the night. Teeth and claws ) and general stuff.

My Flickr Site
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-16-2019, 03:40 AM
Administrator
ORMSKIRK, Lancashire

Hi Annie stroking a black cat in the dark is dangerous

Doug
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-16-2019, 04:43 AM
A WC! Legend
Mt Nebo Queensland Australia

Hails from Australia

Doh!!! In my best Simpson voice.
My Flickr Site
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-16-2019, 05:38 AM
A Local Legend
Northeastern Ont

Hails from Canada

everyone,
Itís just getting light but it is expected to be cloudy and rain starting this afternoon. There is a lot of pink in the sky right now. We are the coldest spot in Ontario this morning at -4.

Today Iím babysitting most of the day. Max has an appointment at the fracture clinic this morning (it was moved up a day) so Iíll have Maverick while my son takes him. This afternoon Iíll have both boys because my son has a dentist appointment. That should tire me out enough that I donít want to do much else.

I couldnít sleep past 4:00 this morning so Iíve already reorganized my linen cupboard.

Thereís not much else to tell so Iíll get my breakfast and my shower to start my day officially. Have the best day possible everyone.

www.ellenspalette.com
  #8   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-16-2019, 05:39 AM
Oakwood, Ohio, near Dayton.

Hails from United States

Good Morning all,
It is 5:30 a.m. here in still dark Oakwood. Bird is singing up a storm though.

We're off to the grocery store today to pick up fresh fruit and veggies and a couple of other things. Stop at the library to restock our books too. They have some on hold that we requested for both of us.

Larry had a really good discussion re shots for his knee with the doctor yesterday. He asked him how much osteoarthritis was present because that is what the different shots treat. The answer was "almost none. You have the knees of a 40 year-old." So, he came home with lots of print-outs to peruse about each type of shot. He is thinking of getting the PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) one where they draw your blood, spin it in a centrifuge and remove a layer with platelets and stem cells, then inject that into the injured area. It is new enough that they don't have a lot of data on how effective it is but the theory is it helps your body regenerate. We'll see.

Doug, of course they loved your apple pie. You are a master at making them.

Annie, I wish we had that kind of blackout as well. We've still got another year to listen to it.

JJ, What beautiful birds you can see up close like that. Wow! The most colorful one we see at our feeder is the male cardinal.

Geoff, Sorry about your sleep problem.

to all,

SYL,

Sylvia
  #9   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-16-2019, 05:55 AM

Morning Geoff, JJ, Doug and Annie.

JJ, your videos are still not showing up on my iPad and I'm not on Instagram, BUT I googled "kookaburra bathing" and found you on YouTube so problem solved.

I ended up having a great day yesterday. We made it out to lunch and had a walk by the river afterwards. The river is the Mersey so we had views of Liverpool on the other side. Then at night we won the pub quiz! My winnings, after sharing with the team members and deducting the cost of entry plus the price of the raffle tickets came to ........... £2. I'll try not to spend it all at once!

This afternoon I'm going to play crazy golf with some girlfriends - there is an amazing course nearby - and we'll eat out afterwards.

I did a successful bit of research yesterday. One of my charity shop books mentioned a triad of Raw Sienna, Cerulean Blue, and Phthalo Violet. I have the first two, but I'd never heard of the latter and t'internet didn't help much. Eventually I discovered a Grumbacher version (I'm not familiar with the brand) known as Phthalo Purple, and searching their website gave me the pigment information PV23, aka Winsor Violet, Carbazole Violet (DS), Permanent Violet Blush (Maimeri Blue) and Dioxazine Purple (various). So, guess what, I already have it, in the Cass Art version. Long live handprint. The Phthalo description explains why it's so staining. Thank goodness for pigment numbers.

QS

Last edited by Que Sera : 05-16-2019 at 05:58 AM.
  #10   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-16-2019, 05:57 AM

Morning Sylvia. I took so long writing my epistle I missed you.
  #11   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-16-2019, 06:28 AM
A WC! Legend
North Yorkshire (James Herriot territory)

This chap comes from Dundas Ontario....any of you know him?

Charly French is a Professor of Geoarchaeology and Director of the McBurney Geoarchaeology Laboratory in the Department of Archaeology and Anthropology, University of Cambridge.

He is talking locally on the Roman town of Aldborough, just 20 minutes away.
geoff
  #12   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-16-2019, 06:53 AM
A WC! Legend
Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Que Sera

JJ, your videos are still not showing up on my iPad and I'm not on Instagram, BUT I googled "kookaburra bathing" and found you on YouTube so problem solved.
wonder if it your ipad settings. This one today is called Lorikeets in my garden.
Glad you had such a lovely day.

I have never heard of him Geoff. ;-)
  #13   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-16-2019, 08:03 AM
A WC! Legend
In the middle of Michigan's thumb

Hails from United States

Good day all,

Sunny and warm today, maybe a thunderstorm.

I'm still feeding orioles at my kitchen window. The window is a mess. But I love to hear their happy chirps.

JJ, you have your own little jungle in your backyard. Love your videos.

Sylvia, Larry has good genes. I'm surprised that the gene therapy is available. What is available is awfully expensive.

Much to do outside today, and I'm behind on my mowing.
Bill

#14   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-16-2019, 08:14 AM
A WC! Legend
Ontario, West of Toronto

Hails from Canada

Good Morning!!

and a beautiful one it is, bright sunshine and a high of 18C.

Yesterday was lovely too, and just as I thought things had dried out enough for me to do my geraniums we had a short thunderstorm, enough to drench everything. No time today so the geraniums will have to wait

It's Thursday = Cake and Scrabble day, actually it is apple pie with whipped cream day because I am hosting

JJ, I actually went and watched the video on YouTube so I could see it nice and big - lovely!!

QS a fun day for you yesterday and another one today in the making Congratulations on the win, it's the accomplishment that counts Yes, we can recreate just about any colour without paying extra money for it.

Geoff, if anyone would know that name/man it would be Lynn because of location and interest.

Doug, I would enjoy your apple pies too.

Ellen, I sure hope that Max hasn't been in terrible pain this whole time.

Sylvia, it will be interesting to see if this new procedure works on Larry's knee. Good for him for not having any arthritis.

Annie, those political ads really are dreadfully boring glad yours are almost over, ours are building up.

Tracy, sorry you caught the cold. I had to laugh about your Willow's chittering noise, I knew exactly what you were talking about because my cats used to do the same thing.

Nancy, I hope the shower building is continuing nicely.

Uschi

Last edited by Uschi : 05-16-2019 at 08:17 AM.
  #15   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-16-2019, 09:15 AM
A WC! Legend
Pinehurst

Hails from Canada

Good Morning! We have beautiful sunshine for now. Our land hasn't dried out, though. It rained yesterday afternoon and, apparently, more is on the way. So, we'll just enjoy the bright light for now.

I slept until a little after 7:00 this morning. I don't feel any more rested though. The herd really did believe that I was starving them. Fed now, they're content to want out, and want in and then want out again. Ted was up earlier than usual and we had our coffee together.

Plans for the day include painting the little bathroom cabinets, planting our tomatoes and making a trip to the nursery for additional bedding plants. If the weather holds over the weekend, all the local nurseries will be really busy! We both have a Dr. appointment later this afternoon. I have a very suspicious looking mole on my shoulder that needs to be dealt with and Ted has many little skin tags that he wants to have removed.

I finished my still life at Class yesterday. The masking fluid was absorbed into my paper in one of elements. Stained blue, it was an eyesore. I resorted to using white gouache over it and it doesn't look too bad. I'm angry about this, though. I lent the Molotow masking pen to both the Tuesday and Wednesday groups. I hope they're able to remove the stuff from their paintings. I've sent them an email message about this and now will hope for the best.

JJ, you do enjoy some beautifully coloured birds!

Congratulations on that big win, QS! That's an odd triad because the dioxazine violet (mine is M. Graham) is more blue than red.

Annie, the political adds for our upcoming federal election have begun. They're nothing short of disgusting and misleading.

Sylvia, I hope that Larry is able to choose the more natural approach in treating his knee. How great is it that he doesn't have arthritis to deal with!

Ellen, my thoughts are with young ((Max)) and I hope that he'll be hurting much less today.

Everyone... running late, I do need to get logged off and upstairs to shower and get dressed. The bed's not made, either.

Absent Friends. Have a great day, everyone!

Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art. Leonardo DaVinci
Handbook Index ... Help for Newbies