WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Watercolor > Palette Talk
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-09-2018, 02:45 AM
Administrator
ORMSKIRK, Lancashire

Hails from United Kingdom
*** Daily Wash Sunday 9th September 2018 ***

Good morning all

Had a good night's sleep full of dreams.

Shopping, baking and cooking today.

Doug
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-09-2018, 03:12 AM
A WC! Legend
Australia

Re: *** Daily Wash Sunday 9th September 2018 ***

Doug and all to come...

Been a beautiful day here weather wise, in fact it got quite hot for a spring day. Summer is going to be a scorcher..

I enjoyed the Scandinavian Festival with my girls. We got to see Tanias friend Paul, work colleague actually, in his Danish Pancake Booth. His partner is Danish, and the pancakes were delicious. Forgot to take a photo They are little round balls of scrumptiousness that you dip in jam!

On the way to the festival, I had Tanias phone gps all good until almost at our destination. I said turn right, she turned right. She never noticed a thing, I was looking at the parked cars all parked the wrong way. Oooooops Quick Uturn.

I was disappointed that they downsized the festival this year. Only three displays a centre tent with tables and chairs a stage for the musicians, and food stalls. The food stalls smelled amazing. For lunch I had a Danish kebab and potato salad.

Walking around was a nightmare wall to wall people. I loath crowds, so the girls send me in front. Fright and flight kicks in and I fine a path out of the crowd quick smart.

I walked 5000+ steps this morning, came home and rested.

Love and hugs to everyone
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-09-2018, 03:44 AM
A WC! Legend
North Yorkshire (James Herriot territory)

Had a decent sleep,for me,but like Doug full of dreams. Oddity was that the same dream,same people,was repeated.

Supposed to be dry and sunny but have had rain in last hour.Off for newspapers now.

Christine home from a holiday in Scotland,coming round later for bacon sandwich,back to routine.

Geoff
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-09-2018, 04:54 AM
Enthusiast

Bathroom extractor fan packed up, it has lasted almost 20+ years but I was younger and slimmer then. Access is very limited.
Changing the fan, no problem but changing the flexible ducting ..... since it was first installed I have floored out the loft,which has raised the level and our recent extension building has blocked off ladder access. Looks like a job for a professional.
The cat and I played laser dot chase around the garden, but his speed and keenness started to "bend" plants, game abandoned.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uxe8I5p4OJE
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-09-2018, 05:22 AM
A WC! Legend

Site slow loading this morning...

Doug,who said there isn't a Santa Claus?
Look what the little girls brought me yesterday.

First of the season Bramleys...good size too.

geoff
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-09-2018, 05:35 AM
Administrator
ORMSKIRK, Lancashire

Still selling last year's crop here Geoff.

Doug
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-09-2018, 07:08 AM
Oakwood, Ohio, near Dayton.

Hails from United States

Good Morning all,
It is almost 6:00 a.m. here in dark and sleepy Oakwood. Crickets are chirping loudly and I can hear them now that the rain has stopped...finally. It rained all day yesterday and most of the night non-stop. Amazing. More is forecast for today, but at least for now it is dry.

We are off to the grocery store this morning if it doesn't start raining again.

I looked up Bramley apples, Geoff, because I don't recall seeing them here. Sounds like they are good for pies and other cooked dishes. Will you be doing the baking since Eileen's arm is still healing?

Sounds like a fun day, JJ.

to Shadye1 and all who are on their way.

SYL,

Sylvia
  #8   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-09-2018, 07:25 AM
A WC! Legend

Bramleys ,a British apple, are superb for pies and crumbles,the best there is.

I will be doing the peeling and cutting,as I have been with a neighbours windfalls already. Eileen will cook the apple and likely save it for freezing and baking later.

geoff
  #9   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-09-2018, 08:51 AM
Administrator
ORMSKIRK, Lancashire

Back from the supermarket, they had the new crop of Bramleys in

Doug
  #10   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-09-2018, 09:02 AM
A Local Legend
Northeastern Ont

Hails from Canada

everyone,
Another cold night with a low of -2.2 at the airport. Luckily itís 5 on my house thermometer. It wonít be long before we get a killing frost but this year has been the longest summer growing season I can remember. Itís sunny with blue skies and the high will be 19.

This morning plans include the gym and groceries then this afternoon is our art clubís open studio. Not many left since we only go to the end of Sept with our summer schedule. We have our first business meeting of the year this Thursday then we go back to our winter schedule of workshops every Thursday and Iíll go back to painting instead of dying scarves which is my summer break activity.

Brian got home last night and will probably go to our sonís house today to put up a hall light he picked up from Ikea for him.

I slept in this morning (I didnít go to bed until 1:00 because I was reading) so I better get moving and have breakfast. Enjoy the rest of your weekend everyone.

Edit: last evening Brian went to a friendís house for a backyard fire to relax after his long drive. He walked home (he had a few beer so he always walks after) and walking down a Main Street a bear crossed his path on the way to a garbage can. They arenít much of a danger if you donít startle them but you never know. Bears are quite common inside the city especially in spring and fall when they are extra hungry. We are leaning how to coexist with them.

www.ellenspalette.com

Last edited by Ellen in Ont : 09-09-2018 at 09:21 AM.
  #11   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-09-2018, 09:05 AM
A WC! Legend
Ontario, West of Toronto

Hails from Canada

Good Morning!!

No sun today, the beginnings of "Gordon" arriving, the rain will start tonight and we'll have a high of 16C.

No gardening today but I should fertilize my potted geraniums to give them food for a last hurray before the frost gets them in late October.

Maybe visit old friend in her care facility this afternoon. I'll see what the day brings.

Geoff, nice apples. If those are the ones I used to make applesauce with then they are wonderful. Nice that Christine is back.

Sylvia, any verdict on the washing machine yet???

Rod, hopefully the professional has no problem fixing it.

JJ, I didn't know you had a bit of a crowd issue.

Hi Doug!!

Wishing us all a good day!! I'll be back later.

Uschi

#12   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-09-2018, 09:23 AM
A WC! Legend
Southern Ontario, Canada

Hails from Canada

Overcast here, and still chilly. Had to put on the heat For a bit!

Very belated Birthday Greetings to you, Nancy! I should have remembered, I once knew yours is close to mine Glad you are feeling better after the surgery, I know how debilitating anything to do with teeth is.

Kay, keep moving

Thanks for the reminder, Uschi, there's a few plants I should fertilize too.

Have a good day everyone,

"Ring the bells that still can ring, Forget your perfect offering, There is a crack in everything, That's how the light gets in" Leonard Cohen
  #13   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-09-2018, 09:46 AM
Veteran Member
Memphis, TN

Hails from United States

A good Sunday morning to all....much cooler this morning 68į this morning and the cloud bottoms are low....that or there's a mist hanging just about tree top level. Like Sylvia, it's not raining for now and even a slight occasional breeze rustling the Cottonwood trees across the road.....I can lose myself in that sound. Dried off one of the chairs out front, had my first cup of coffee and listened to the trees while "I Am" and I had our morning coffee chat...."I Am" really likes the sounds Cottonwoods make too......reminds me of a stream tumbling over rocks....a good morning start to what will be another wet day.

No big plans today...a trip to the market for the next couple day's meals and that's about it for me. Lisa will make her jail visits this morning then go visit her mom.....I gather there is a meeting scheduled this afternoon with the new Director of the center and the wife of one the brothers (owners) who apparently is listed as the President of the PLLC. Lisa and Kristina (daughter) have a nice little handout for them, complete with pictures, dates, staff statements and references to State Certification Standards that they are in violation of........ just so everyone is clear about what will happen next should another incident occur. This should be interesting....I will stay out of it. I've met the "President" owner lady.....let's just say, her husband didn't marry her for her intellect and deep thinking, she's more of a "trophy wife". At any moment in talking with her before, I fully expected her to flip her hair and argue with "I'm just a girl....I don't know how I even got her...." (said in my best dumb blonde "barbie" accent). Would love to be a fly on the wall in that meeting......Lisa will be all lawyer like, but loaded for bear.....Kristina, is just like her momma, but she can go from polite and professional to "kill em all, let God sort em out" in a heart beat when it comes to her "mamaw".

Geoff.....now you've got me thinking about fried apples....I may just have to add apples to the list this morning.

JJ.....sounds like it was a good day at the fair for you.....I'm with you though when it comes to crowds like that.....they use to not bother me, when I was doing the southern art show circuit many years ago, I enjoyed the crowds...but I noticed around my mid 50's that I was getting really apprehensive when in crowds...especially in closed in areas. We used to have season tickets for the Tiger's basketball games (local University), we gave them up about 4 years ago because the apprehension was turning into panic attacks.....outside, I can deal with it...still apprehensive, but I can deal with it.

Well....it's raining again....cats are gathering. Lisa is stirring....and I need another cup of coffee.....greetings to all here and those to come, and thoughts for a great day to all........BBL

Be good, do good......it's good for ya.

Steve.
  #14   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-09-2018, 10:54 AM
A WC! Legend
Pinehurst

Hails from Canada

Good Morning Washer Buds! It's dark, gloomy and very windy this morning. It looks like it might rain, but there's none in our forecast. And, at 13C with the humidity still in the air, it actually feels a little raw.

My batch of salsa was small yielding only 4 half litres. That's ok, though. I like doing small batch canning because it's not an exhausting chore. Doing this every few days makes it easy to build up the cupboard.

Last night's sunset was absolutely flaming. Because of the heavily treed vantage, I didn't bother with photos but I drew Ted's attention to the majesty. Of course, it lied though because we aren't enjoying a sailor's delight.

Baking apple pies, Doug?

JJ, I really enjoy those kinds of festivals... but not the push of people!

Those apples do look beautiful, Geoff. They're great in the freezer for future desserts!

Ted was dreaming away when I went to bed last night. I accidentally woke him when I crawled into bed and he told me that he was going to have to tell his Supervisor that he wasn't going to be back to work. It took him a few minutes to shake that off!

Hiring out the job is likely a good decision, Rod!

What variety of apples do you use for pies, Sylvia? Typically, I've always used Cortland, but last year discovered Jonagold that I added to the mix.

Ellen, the leaves on your trees must be turning. Co-existing with our natural residents is such a good thing.

Uschi, choose a pot or two of your geraniums and bring them indoors. I LOVE bringing mine in. They flower all winter and provide a lot of interest with my Students who see them each week!

Lynn... you too... find a place in your small apartment that will accommodate your favourite pot of flowers. They'll make you happy!

Steve, wouldn't you want to be a fly on the wall during that meeting?

I need my second cup of coffee before I decide what to do with my day. I don't have any pressing commitments. McKenzie and Brittany are camping this weekend, so we won't be going to brunch. Housework is calling... but I can procrastinate for another day or so...

In the meantime, I hope that Kay is mending well sans migraine... and that every has the very best possible day!

Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art. Leonardo DaVinci
Handbook Index ... Help for Newbies
  #15   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-09-2018, 12:17 PM
Enthusiast

Uschi, damn the professional, I got up on the roof and sorted it, they had fitted the wrong adapter for round trunking so I had to wing it. All working
now. My added bits are the white and red.