WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > The Art Business Center > General Art Business
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-01-2018, 05:53 PM
Wilmington NC

Hails from United States
printing and dropshipping

Do you prefer to print yourself or dropship?

Any places you recommend for dropshipping?

If you print yourself, do you use a high quality printer? What kind? What size do you print at? I have a standard inkjet...

Most of my art would make a great poster which leaves dropshipping a great but expensive option, especially at larger sizes. I think my printer can print a normal sized paper and thats about it.

Anyone use like staples or another standard service for their printing?

Thanks.
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-02-2018, 05:45 PM
Veteran Member

Re: printing and dropshipping

I have used Fine Art America, Fed Ex and Printful. Fine Art America does a nice job but expensive. Especially the postage. Fed Ex is pretty good and local. Not sure of what kind of inks they use but you have a choice of several papers. I printed Matt on heavy cardstock with them. The prints were nice.
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-02-2018, 08:34 PM
Lord of the Arts

Re: printing and dropshipping

There are some excellent printers out there that will scan and print 12"x17" art if you want to do those yourself without spending more than $240 on the printer. There are professional grade pigmented inks available that cost a fraction of what you will pay for the factory inks. One example is the Epson Workforce WF-7610. It will print very close to the quality of my $675 Canon Pro-10 13x19 printer, even though only has red, cyan, yellow and black inks where the Pro-10 has 10 different cartridges including photo black, matte black, gray and a clear optimizer / gloss enhancer.

If you are selling a lot of poster sized prints, you might consider a large format printer, new or used rather than giving a large portion of your sale to the printing service. They are expensive, so do the math first. If you go used, sticking to HP and Canon in the 24" and wider printers will be a safer move since the heads on those clog and fail less frequently.