WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Pastels > Soft Pastel Talk
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-01-2018, 01:37 PM
Lincolnshire countryside, UK

Hails from England
The goalpost September 2018 - Share your targets...you might achieve them!

Welcome to the Goal Post. Goal setting is a very good tool to help people get organized. If you write or post your thoughts, you are more committed and have a better chance of reaching those goals.

Your goals can be short term or long term. They can be daily, weekly, monthly or annual goals. Goals are personal, so everybody's goals will be different. They are your goals, so you can do what ever you want.

Come join the regular gang and get encouragement to help you reach your goals. We have a very friendly group and we are always looking for new people to join us.

Feel free to share links or images of goals achieved or in progress, those are always fun and people like cheering them on.

I've been walking - not a marathon, just feels like it sometimes! I go for, hopefully, my last check up on the 7th....with an xray to see if my foot has healed well...then I'll be cleared for a holiday....fingers crossed! I've looked everywhere for my mojo, someone must have it! I can see my studio through my study door...beckoning to me....
Regards, Deirdre (Always pleased to get C&Cs!)[b] Don't forget - comment on other threads in the forum as well as posting your own work - also, we encourage you to post WIPs, they help others to learn as well as you.
Moderator Pastels Getting started in Soft Pastels Uploading Images
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-02-2018, 03:42 PM

Re: The goalpost September 2018 - Share your targets...you might achieve them!

Thank you Deidre for starting us off again.
I got nothing done last month but did a lot for US (that is the personal us BTW).

Helens daughter and SIL stayed with us last week and were a great help. They took a load off me.

My goals this month are around the house, mainly making things as easy for SWMBO as possible. I am unable to list them as SWMBO can only identify them as we go along. A 'frinstance' is collecting pharmaceutical requisites as and when they are prescribed/ready for collection.

Any spare time should be directed to a desktop with W7 on it . I'm getting fed up with this W10 and laptop . Perhaps I'll dedicate it to running the model railway.....
Jim

Last edited by retsyl : 09-02-2018 at 03:45 PM.
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-02-2018, 08:18 PM
Lincolnshire countryside, UK

Hails from England

Jim, so glad SWMBO is home safe and sound, and you have it in hand to make the house the same way! You won't have time for running your model railway...unless you can set it to run up the banister carrying cups of tea for her!
Regards, Deirdre (Always pleased to get C&Cs!)[b] Don't forget - comment on other threads in the forum as well as posting your own work - also, we encourage you to post WIPs, they help others to learn as well as you.
Moderator Pastels Getting started in Soft Pastels Uploading Images
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-03-2018, 04:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Deirdre*
Jim, so glad SWMBO is home safe and sound, and you have it in hand to make the house the same way!

Yes, I'm glad as well. Very nearly everything needs altering. A lot was taken by SWMBO's daughter and SIL. My gosh they did everything .

Quote:
You won't have time for running your model railway...unless you can set it to run up the banister carrying cups of tea for her!

SWMBO used to get her head on about 11:00 (helped by a cuppa) but she is still on hospital time and I'm likely to find her downstairs any time after 6:00 waiting for me to put the kettle on ! This is unheard of!

She is slowly picking up again so all will be well after 3-6 months which is what they say after major surgery over here (complicated by the MS).
Jim.
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-07-2018, 01:15 PM
san diego, ca

Hails from United States

Stay strong. Care giving can be difficult at times.

web site , Getting started in soft pastels., What you need to know, Critique Guide Lines
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-07-2018, 01:29 PM

Going to do one daily painting, cut down on any non-constructive activities(such as browsing the web without a purpose) and finish the second half of my Ph.D. thesis.
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-07-2018, 02:57 PM

Hi there Helcalhisie. That sounds like a good strategy to me, reducing aimless browsing, I am glad I am not the only one then, though it is youtube that is my downfall . Finishing a Phd thesis is serious stuff. I'll leave you to get on with it. The best of luck with that .
Jim.
  #8   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-16-2018, 05:25 PM
san diego, ca

Hails from United States

My goal last week was to finally see Hearst Castle in San Simeon, built by William Randolph Hearst. Check! It was amazing! An unexpected goal met was to see an international pastel show. We timed it perfectly and saw the most amazing paintings. I posted the link down below.

web site , Getting started in soft pastels., What you need to know, Critique Guide Lines
  #9   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-17-2018, 03:50 AM

Thank you for the link Karen, a lovely virtual visit. Glad you have met a goal. It looks a nice place by today's standards. It must have been real grand in them thar days.
Jim
  #10   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-23-2018, 06:41 PM
Lord of the Arts
New England

Hails from United States

OMGosh...I have been away for so long that I have lost track of all that has been going on....Jim...SO sorry to hear of the hospital trips and all that was involved...do hope things are improving steadily as time goes on.

I hate to admit I have all but given up on doing any artwork....still think about it every day, but do nothing. I need some inspiration, I guess. I have had no goals, so have accomplished none....no excuses...I just don't DO it.

I mainly do Facebook, where I am in touch regularly with Doug, who used to be here....He is doing very well...has sold a painting, and is exhibiting in art shows.

Just want to say I think of all of you here, though I no longer participate...
and hope you all continue to achieve the goals you set out for yourselves..
Judy

C&C always welcomed and appreciated
JudiB
  #11   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-24-2018, 04:34 AM

Hi there Judibelle How are you. Yes it has been a while since you was here. It is nice to hear from you all the same. Don't fret about not doing art as I think we need some time away from it all to grow some.

It is nice to hear of Doug's progress. A sale is good motivation any time. I am glad that he is still doing some art. Do pass on my regards when next you write. Have you heard from Robert at all? I do hope he is ok as I know his health is not all good.

I have done nothing of late as having come out of hospital my self SWMBO went in with a heart attack and then had two more and got transferred to a hospital to have a tripple heart bypass. I haven't touched a piece of art paper in all that time. My time seems to be taken with surgery visits to get SWMBO's wounds dressed, getting prescriptions from the pharmacy and of course doing the shopping-as always. SWMBO's MS adds to all this . Some times I don't know whether I'm coming or going.

My objectives/goals of late have been insulating our garage to house a model railway. It was completed a while ago. It was done by my sons and carpeted out with ex-house carpets. It is warm in winter - I'm unsure of cool in summer yet

It is nice to hear from you. Just talking to peeps about things stirs all the feelings for the subject so keep talking Judibelle .
Jim.

Last edited by retsyl : 09-24-2018 at 04:36 AM.