WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > The Learning Center > Computers and Technology for Artists
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-28-2018, 08:27 AM

Hails from United Kingdom
Do you use a tablet to paint from? What are your experiences?

Hi, I've been following at artist on YouTube who uses a tablet on an arm attached to his easel. I'm tempted to invest as it would save the cost and time of getting photos printed to paint from and also I like the fact you can zoom into detailed areas of the picture.

Does anyone here work in this way? Do you find it convenient and useful? I was wondering if the light emitted from the screen is an issue (as opposed to a photo that does not emit any light)?

I've considered getting a TV with a USB slot instead, but that might be too bulky and would lack the zoom-in capability.

I guess all I need is a biggish screen with high resolution - any other functions would be a waste.

So, you see, I am rather undecided as to whether to spend the dosh and your experiences might influence me!

Look forward to hearing from anyone,

Sarah.
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-28-2018, 10:16 AM
Veteran Member

Re: Do you use a tablet to paint from? What are your experiences?

I've worked with the aid of my laptop when I ran out of ink, but I prefer working from printed photos.

#3   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-03-2018, 08:12 AM

Hails from United Kingdom

Thanks - I'd thought of that too, but space is rather limited around my easel and I think it would be too bulky.

Sarah.
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-08-2018, 10:43 AM
Amsterdam

Hails from Netherlands

I never print anything. If I paint from photo reference I use my laptop or my phone.