WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > The Learning Center > Studio Tips and Framing
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-05-2018, 01:24 PM

Where would be the best place to try and sell a Hughes 3000?

Hello All!
I am looking for places to advertise and sell my mom's Hughes 3000 easel. Since I'm not plugged into the local Twin Cities, Minnesota art community, I'm not sure where else I could advertise it beyond Craigslist, Facebook and the standard apps (like Letgo)?

Does anyone know of a specific site that handles advertising of used art equipment or matching artists with used artist materials?

Do most art museums have for sale bulletin boards?

It's a beautiful barely used easel that I want to get in the hands of an artist.

I looked at the Swap Shop page on this website forum and it seems to discourage anything over $250.

Thanks everyone for steering me in the right direction. If this post belongs in a better forum, please move it. Thanks again.
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-06-2018, 02:56 PM
A WC! Legend
Alberta, where coyotes look both ways before crossing the highway

Hails from Canada
Re: Where would be the best place to try and sell a Hughes 3000?

Most communities have at least one arts society, you could try them.

Most communities have an online buy/sell/trade/giveaway site you could try.

Every town has classified ads.

And yeah, what's wrong with using craigslist or kijiji, etc.

Try 'em all.

la

wow, new they're about $3k, perhaps you should market it to a gallery or museum
Latin, German, Serbian, Bengali, Icelandic, Brazilian, Italian, Filipino, Swedish, Romanian, Lithuanian, Hindi/Urdu, Hungarian, Latvian, Hebrew, Arabic, Chinese, Russian, French,Greek,Nigerian

Last edited by La_ : 08-06-2018 at 03:00 PM.
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-07-2018, 12:43 PM

Thank you La for the input. I have it advertised on Craigslist, Facebook (to artist groups), Next Door, Letgo, and Offerup. I went to the local Uptown Art Fair and asked several local artists who all mentioned Craigslist.

I like your idea of Museums/Galleries. I'm hoping to get $1500 which is half price for this easel. That's a lot for a beginning artist but worth it for the veteran especially roughly half the cost of new.
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-07-2018, 06:17 PM
A WC! Legend
Alberta, where coyotes look both ways before crossing the highway

Hails from Canada

here's a gallery with an artists listing ... douglas flanders & assoc
perhaps you should attend an upcoming show or two, chat with artists and the gallery

la
Latin, German, Serbian, Bengali, Icelandic, Brazilian, Italian, Filipino, Swedish, Romanian, Lithuanian, Hindi/Urdu, Hungarian, Latvian, Hebrew, Arabic, Chinese, Russian, French,Greek,Nigerian