WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > The Town Center > Garden of Memories of WC Members
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors
Closed Thread

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-29-2018, 10:12 AM
Lord of the Arts
Pullman, Washington

Hails from United States
Paula Ann Ford

Paula Ann Ford passed away yesterday from a painful battle with pancreatic cancer. She was the love of my life, an amazing artist, a mentor, and my best friend!

Many of you do not know me or Paula, but WC is where we met. Paula was a guide in the pastel forums here for many years. Paula helped thousand of artist discover and enjoy the pastel medium. Her love touched my heart, her art enveloped my soul! Her love and special memories will stay with me and others the rest of our lives. Heaven just received a wonderful artist, and I’m sure her landscape paintings in heaven will be gorgeous!

Please pray for myself, Ron, her kitties, family, and loved ones! RIP Paula...you will be missed by many!

Last edited by David Patterson : 03-29-2018 at 10:13 AM. Reason: wrong day
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-29-2018, 01:54 PM
Lord of the Arts
San Francisco

Hails from United States
Re: Paula Ann Ford has Passed Away

Thank you, Mr. Patterson.

Though we never met in person, Paula Ann Ford touched my heart also. The beauty she created in every painting (and especially for me, the one that hangs in a place of honor in my home) will forever remind me:

“The world is full of magic things, patiently waiting for our senses to grow sharper.”
~ W.B. Yeats

Journey well and be at peace, Paula Ann Ford.
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-29-2018, 02:08 PM
New York City

Hails from United States

Thank you for letting us know.

#4   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-29-2018, 03:04 PM
san diego, ca

Hails from United States

David, I am very sorry for your loss. So many of us have been touched by Paula's kindness and quiet enthusiasm for life and art. You were fortunate to have been so close to a woman loved and admired by so many. She was the queen of foliage and she inspired many here on WC. The pastel world will miss Paula.

web site , Getting started in soft pastels., What you need to know, Critique Guide Lines
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-29-2018, 03:57 PM
WC! Guide
New York

Hails from United States

I'm so sorry to hear this, David, and you have my sincere sympathy. Paula was a gentle voice of encouragement in this forum and such a talented artist. Thank you for letting us know.
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-29-2018, 07:41 PM
WC! Guide
Rochester, NY

Oh God, what awful news. My condolences go out to you, her family and all who knew her.

When I joined WetCanvas, Paula was one of the guides here in the pastel forum. Not only were her paintings beautiful, but her enthusiasm, encouragement and positive attitude inspired many of us. When I became a guide, Paula became a colleague and an internet friend. She set the tone for the pastel forum, and as a guide I have always tried to bring the same encouragement and positive attitude to the pastel forum that Paula did. It has now been many years since Paula joined us here at WC, but in my mind she will always be a part of the pastel forum.

Don

My Blog My Art Gallery My Photo Gallery
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-29-2018, 09:22 PM
Lord of the Arts
Pullman, Washington

Hails from United States

Karen, Donna, and Don! I remember all three of you! WC is where Paula and I met in 2005. We ended up getting married in September of 2014. We were so happy...then cancer destroyed our lives! Heaven is getting a wonderful pastel artist!

#8   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-29-2018, 09:33 PM
san diego, ca

Hails from United States

David, I remember spotting you in the lobby of the hotel in Albuquerque quite a few years ago at IAPS. I knew you and Paula from Wetcanvas. That may be the same convention where I first met Paula in person. She was the most amazing woman. Again, I'm so, so sorry.

web site , Getting started in soft pastels., What you need to know, Critique Guide Lines
  #9   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-29-2018, 11:29 PM

David, I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I lost mine to something similar in 2001. Your spouse is part of you that can never be replaced. Hardly a day goes by that I don't think of my wife and the many wonderful years we had together.

I will pray for you and your family during this time of grief. May God bless and take care of you.
  #10   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-30-2018, 05:08 AM

I am so sorry to hear.

I knew of her only through her postings in the forum, but her beauty, kindness, and warmth were clear in her writing. It is a loss for us all. You weren't the only one to fall in love with her on this forum.

Last edited by kcwhitney : 03-30-2018 at 05:12 AM.
  #11   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-30-2018, 12:13 PM
Lord of the Arts
Oegstgeest

Hails from Netherlands

David, I amso sorry to hear this. I remember her as a very friendly artist who encouraged every one in this forum. My thoughts are with you.

My website: www.marinabuis.nl
  #12   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-30-2018, 02:42 PM
Enthusiast
California Central Coast

Hails from United States

David, sorry to hear this. I got a lot of good advice and tips from Paula when I was starting out with pastels. I also lost my mom to the same disease, so I understand what you and Paula went through. My thoughts are there for both of you.

Additional work can be viewed at Mike's site
  #13   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-30-2018, 03:10 PM
A Local Legend
Norfolk England

Hails from United Kingdom

I am very sorry to hear of Paula's passing. She was one of the people who really encouraged me at the beginning of my art/pastel journey way back in 2008. I was so glad to find wet canvas and she was one of the big reasons for that. I believe she was a lovely lady and I know she touched the lives of many. My heartfelt and sincere condolences go to you and all her family.

Pastel Guild of Europe http://www.pastelguild.org/
  #14   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-30-2018, 04:36 PM
Lincolnshire countryside, UK

Hails from England

So sorry for your loss David- she was much respected and cherished by all her friends on Wetcanvas too. She helped so many emerging artists, who will be forever grateful for her tuition, time given selflessly and for no reward, other than seeing their improvement over her many long years as a pastel guide on the Soft Pastel Forum. She will be missed....RIP Paula.
Regards, Deirdre (Always pleased to get C&Cs!)[b] Don't forget - comment on other threads in the forum as well as posting your own work - also, we encourage you to post WIPs, they help others to learn as well as you.
Moderator Pastels Getting started in Soft Pastels Uploading Images
  #15   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-30-2018, 08:01 PM
WC! Guide
New York

Hails from United States

I also met Paula here on Wet Canvas. She was such a driving force here, so very nice and encouraging. She was always offering positive words of advice, and she shared her knowledge freely, as well as her beautiful photographs in the RIL. She will be missed by many. Paula made her mark in the art world, especially in the pastel orbit. She will always be the Queen of Trees..... I remember when she purchased her h-frame easel. I purchased the same one based on her recommendation here in WC.

I am so very sorry for your loss David.