WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Photography > The Shutterbug Pub
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-08-2018, 10:45 AM
A WC! Legend
Huntington Beach, CA

Hails from United States
Shutterbug Pub Daily Thursday March 8, 2018

Sunrise on my street testerday...

#2   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-08-2018, 12:35 PM
Enthusiast
Seacoast New Hampshire

Hails from United States
Re: Shutterbug Pub Daily Thursday March 8, 2018

Nice Dave, man that's dramatic!
Currently just backing out of another nor'easter up here. Still snowing slightly...9" of heavy wet snow. If any of my photos are worth a look, I'll post them in a bit.
Power has been out since 2am, but just returned.
March is certainly roaring in like a lion up here with consecutive storms, and to think, we had record setting warmth two weeks ago.

Tim
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-08-2018, 12:56 PM
A WC! Legend
Huntington Beach, CA

Hails from United States

Thanks Tim. I saw a shot of the sunrise from the traffic helicopter on the early AM news and knew they were seeing it from high up so I was pretty sure I had time to grab my camera, rush outside, and find the best spot. The colors are as true to life as I could manage: after a curves adjustment to lighten (which desaturates color intensity) the sky, I brought it back to close to the original scene.

I've been following the devasting weather that the Mid-West and especially the East Coast have been going through. Man, that's tough - I feel for you. (Not enough to move back or to visit folks there to comfort them, though.)
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-08-2018, 01:35 PM
Enthusiast
Seacoast New Hampshire

Hails from United States

...but the snow is less scary than the fires, Dave!,..y'all had that intense inferno last Fall...I know we all have our weather/natural issues to contend with.
Here are a few shots that might give a perspective to those unfamiliar with the northeast mood swings...we had 80 degree, record setting warmth not long ago and now it's....

All front yard shots, many trees down throughout the county...

Tim
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-08-2018, 01:58 PM
Sterling Heights, Michigan

Hails from United States

The photos in this demonstrates how different the climates can be on our continent. I always check on the weather in Michigan when I am down in Florida and am blown away when we are experiencing 80 degree in the south and Michigan is in a deep freeze.

Dave, your skies are on fire, better the skies than the trees. You had enough of that.

Time,
Nothing prettier than snow coated trees. These look so graceful and pure. I am glad you share these with us and I am glad that the snow that was projected for this afternoon is not sticking around here. I am just not in the mood.
Nikon D5100, Nikkor 50mm 1.8, Tamron 16-300mm lens, Tamron 90mm Macro lens
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-08-2018, 02:34 PM
Enthusiast

Dave and Tim,
Wonderful submissions by both o' ye lads.👍

Mike🍀
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-08-2018, 03:17 PM
A WC! Legend
Huntington Beach, CA

Hails from United States

Nice ones Tim. Even brutal weather can be beautiful if there's a talented photographer nearby.

Thanks Lorell and Mike. As always, I can't take credit for Mother Nature's beauty; I just noticed it and took some shots - pretty much what most us do.

Sad news for my nesting hummer - sometime this morning something got at the egg(s); just pieces of shells remain in the nest, and mama hummer has departed.

I'm using the slow cooker today: some Yukon Gold potatoes, carrots, beef broth, garlic cloves; topped with a small roast I seared in a skillet. Added just salt & pepper and a little liquid smoke for now, but will toss in some sprigs of other herbs near the end of the 8-hour cooking time.

#8   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-08-2018, 03:21 PM
Lord of the Arts
Victoria

Hails from Australia

What a contrast in colour and texture I thought.
Summer is still with us although in some spots nearby there are signs of an early fall.
  #9   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-08-2018, 04:02 PM
Nashville, TN

Hails from United States

The clouds and colors in that sunrise are fantastic. Wow.
  #10   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-08-2018, 06:46 PM
A Local Legend
eastern coast

Hails from United States

DAve, the sunrise is amazing....this sky is on fire!! Your roast looks good. Just fixed corned beef and cabbage in my slow cooker yesterday, had a Reuben today, it was yummy!!
Tim.....whoa....you go some heavy wet snow!! Glad we did not.....it looks like Siberia where you are!! Amazing.
Mark, your beautiful tree trunk reminds me of an old man...and the leaves remind me of fall!!
Hi, Mike and Lorell and Yeckolo!!
Took a tour of a modular home building company....they build homes inside and deliver to your lot and finish...pretty interesting to see all the stages..I wish they used yellow pine and not that softer stuff.....