WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Watercolor > Palette Talk
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-07-2018, 12:58 AM
Veteran Member
Memphis, TN

Hails from United States
**Daily Wash Wednesday 7th March 2018**

Ha, Ha, Ha...beat ya'll to it.....A good Wednesday to all. Cold tonight, but sun tomorrow and dry......can't complain.

Wide awake...duh. 14 hours of sleep will do that to you I guess. Accomplished the goals for today...old furniture out, new furniture in and the cats have already claimed their individual spots.

Marialena.....there is a season for everything.....crying, grief....you're okay. We would be really worried if you had any other reactions. This is normal and there will be other phases to come..that you said what you did yesterday is a good sign that mending has started.....one moment at a time, one day at a time....we're behind you.

Think I'm gonna force myself to bed...........be back later when the sun is up

Do good, be good...........everythings gonna be alright.

Steve.....the night owl.
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-07-2018, 01:21 AM
Administrator
ORMSKIRK, Lancashire

Hails from United Kingdom
Re: **Daily Wash Wednesday 7th March 2018**

Sleep tight Steve. 14 hours! If I could get a reliable 8 hours that would be good. I have started going to bed earlier and it helps a little. I got a notional 6 hours last night.

Well, the half moon is shining out there and temperatures in the double figures are expected today. Taking Ruth to a friend's for a knitting group this lunchtime after a quick trip into Southport to buy something she needs.

Doug
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-07-2018, 02:07 AM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint
Plano, Texas

Hails from United States

Hi Steve and Doug, Thought I would check in before going to bed. Called for appointment for annual exam, and it is tomorrow. See you in the afternoon.
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-07-2018, 02:18 AM
A WC! Legend
Mt Nebo Queensland Australia

Hails from Australia

Good evening up late Steve and notional Doug. And all else who follow.

Plans awry today. It rained, a lot. Was going to define new edges in the garden. Either that or housework and then finishing the current painting. It's been current for months and I hate that. Used to finish one in a day or two. Nought.

In my defence lol, the studio has turned back into the laundry and the axe and chain saw storage and the kitchen table is full of other stuff.

Loki has had breakfast in her bed, and dinner in her bed with a brief outside spell to show her disdain for the world. Both meals in plates by the way. Eli still prefers in front of the heatless fireplace. I suspect a territorial fight in the next few months.

Well as you can guess, life has been on hold sort of here. But it has been good. First time I have ever been at home full time with the cats and gee they make me laugh and respect.

Barbeque again tonight. It does the best roast vegetables. Potatoes, sweet potatoes, pumpkin ... thank heavens Rogers ex gave him her exes barbeque.

Oh, in Deference to Rogers ex, I saw two NotaDogs on Knightfall

My Flickr Site

Last edited by doppler : 03-07-2018 at 02:23 AM.
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-07-2018, 02:37 AM
Enthusiast

Frost this morning.
Cat staying out later and later and he is only three years old!
My painting table is getting moved from pillar to post, with
suggestions I sell it and find another hobby!
Tyre pressure warning came on but it does not indicate which tyre.
More detective work.
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-07-2018, 02:44 AM
Administrator
ORMSKIRK, Lancashire

Hi Annie, hi Rod.

2C here and clouds rolling in.

Doug
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-07-2018, 02:55 AM
A WC! Legend

Hails from Australia

Just keep a chainsaw under the table Rod. And a few axes.
My Flickr Site
  #8   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-07-2018, 04:15 AM
A WC! Legend

Hails from Australia

Oh, I cannot help myself. A big company is going to close the gender pay gap. Hey guys, you will be earning less ..
My Flickr Site
  #9   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-07-2018, 04:26 AM
A WC! Legend
Australia

It rained a lot.. All morning, and cleared for a wee while this ave, rained again this evening

Doug, I read this in todays paper.

Bill I wonder why you were forbidden to see my drawing. Let me know if you don't get to see it. (edit) Oh good I am glad you got to see it. It was a quick 20 minute sketch and I am rather happy with it Hugs to M/s Feral

Thank you for correcting the link to my sketch Doug, I wonder what happened for those that missed it look Here I must admit i had a painful tummy today, gf pancakes are out. No cornstarch for me..

Ellen I hope Brian mends fast..Beautiful kitting Uschi xx

Your print is beautiful Lynn

Ooooooooooo, love your Collectable "stuff" Char xx

Marilena Love and hugs

Tomorrow I have an unexpected visit to the city. My favourite Holcroft sketchbooks are no longer being stocked by Riot Art, so I am nipping in to the City store to buy all their A3 seeing as she told me they were only 5.00 each

Love and hugs to everyone. Think I might pack my sketchbook and paints and maybe draw something whilst in the city.

Later
  #10   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-07-2018, 04:41 AM
A WC! Legend

Hails from Australia

Was that from the courier mail JJ ? A well known scientific paper. Thank heavens for science. Belch.
My Flickr Site

Last edited by doppler : 03-07-2018 at 04:44 AM.
  #11   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-07-2018, 04:51 AM
WC! Guide
Llangarron Herefordshire UK

Morning all and a lovely sunny one it is. Still traces of snow but great to see green fields again.
So pleased to hear your good news Uschi

Yesterday I had a long session with a Physio who is trying to get my legs and feet working again. Lots of exercises. Managed to stagger unaided round the kitchen worktop without holding on - a minor triumph and the first time I’ve been upright since early January. Made me very tired and would have benefited from a Steve-style 14 hour crash out. Unfortunately that never happens! Crazy dreams last night: I bought a painting for £900 and walking home with it got trapped in as bog. Then I woke up in a panic. Think my brain cogs are out of mesh.

Bit of an ordeal today; going to funeral of an old friend, Jan, in Hereford. Shall be using the wheelchair she used for many years (she suffered from MS). She introduced me to my later to become wife, Ann, so we go back a long way. How the years flash by!

This will not do. Must get up and get cracking on those Physio exercises.

Best wishes to all who are unwell or struggling for whatever reason. Thinking of you, Marialena. May the sun shine on you today.

Mike
  #12   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-07-2018, 05:24 AM
A WC! Legend
North Yorkshire (James Herriot territory)

Morning all...eventually.
Been to pool,busy again not as much fun...but as cramp started approaching it was excuse to leave I needed. Thereafter the market, root vegetables are sky high with the frosts and snow....cauliflowers twice the price and not local but French.

Weather,lovely Spring morning,dry some breeze but not at all bad really. Don't feel energetic enough to start gardening again and ground will be soaking.

Apart from gym the only activity booked is a visit to a nearby village this evening ( very rare we go out after dark) on recent Archeology work in adjoining villages. Will meet up with Christine there but no bacon sandwiches.

geoff
  #13   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-07-2018, 05:59 AM
A WC! Legend
In the middle of Michigan's thumb

Hails from United States

Good day all,
It's dark and cold. We are expecting 2 to 4 inches of snow today.

I had a straight 5 hours of sleep and will likely take a short nap.

I spent two hours last night assembling a metal stand that came with my scroll saw. 28 bolts, washers, lock washers and nuts to be placed in difficult places to finger and maneuver a wrench. I'm glad autos come in one piece.
Bill

#14   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-07-2018, 06:02 AM
Lord of the Arts
Ohio

Hails from United States

MORNING EVERYONE

It is 6AM & train whistle blowing in the distance. I have a retina appt this morning at 8:30am. I have not seen him in 3 months so I expect shots will be done.

I did most of laundry & housework yesterday & today will spend it in craft room. I plan on getting my Dot journal\planner started since I have read the basics.

I am enjoying watching VLOGS from other people living in Paris & Dublin & Australia. I have learned a lot & the videos are as if you are walking right next to them. Unbelievable quality.

Ellen ---I forgot to wish your husband a good recovery on his back. If I don't jot down notes as I read I don't rem everyones happenings.

JJ---Sounds like a good sale on the sketchbooks.

Annie---We started out Monday with bright sunny day & yesterday too but turned cloudy & today rest of week cold, snow & rain due.

FYI to all in the USA that we set our clocks ahead 1 hour on Sunday morning. It alsways take me a week to adjust to that & seems like people are pretty tired & grumpy till everyone adjusts.

Well off for some breakfast

Anita
  #15   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-07-2018, 06:23 AM
A Local Legend

Hails from Greece

Quote:
Originally Posted by laudesan

Doug, I read this in todays paper.

There is one remedy that stops tinnitus but you have to be determined to do it twice a day for about a month or more to work.
Salt water. Warm a cup of water, ( better filtered one) add a little salt, no more than one third of a tea spoon full, mix it well then get a syringe, remove the needle load it with the salt water and wash with this your nose. Twice on each nostril. While you do this tilt your head on the opposite side of the nostril you wash.

Don't blow your nose while the water is there. Bend your head forward and let the water run out of your nostrils and just wipe with a paper towel and blow your nose later on ( and then you are going to see what is going to get out of there! )

Salt water sterilizes and stops any inflammation in all the nose/ ears system, in sinuses and everything in between. It unblocks all the tiny ear tubes too.
After a couple of days you'll see that your ears will make odd sounds, something like splash that is normal. Gradually your nose will unblock and then the ears will follow too the tinnitus will stop gradually too as any inflammation will calm down.

After a month or more, depending the case, you'll see that tinnitus will stop.

P.S. I don't know in which world all these scientists live and why they don't simply trust the way that human systems are made. Our systems have self cleaning and self repairing abilities. The only thing they need is just a little help.