WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Watercolor > Palette Talk
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-05-2018, 01:16 AM
Administrator
ORMSKIRK, Lancashire

Hails from United Kingdom
*** Daily Wash Monday 5th March 2018 ***

Good morning/evening all

I'm here so I thought I would get the ball rolling.

A routine Monday for me, though I'll be taking my iPad to the supermarket cafe where Ruth has her knit and natter it is getting tedious druving back and forth. I'll browse the adjacent stores to kill time and get some exercise.

Overcast but dry and warmer this morning.

I enjoyed your shopping tale yesterday Steve

Doug
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-05-2018, 04:27 AM
A WC! Legend
Mt Nebo Queensland Australia

Hails from Australia
Re: *** Daily Wash Monday 5th March 2018 ***

Good evening Doug and all who follow.

Woke in a panic this morning and looked out the window into blank white. More panic. I was booked in for the now annual reaming of the credit card. Car service. I left a bit later than I planned and after a lovely foggy trip down the mountain to Mordor, realised I had forgot ... traffic. Geez it was awful.

Got home eventually in one pice despite the efforts of other drivers.

Had my sleep in after. Was exhausted.

Barbeque dinner. Steak and potatoes and sweet potato. Also leafy salad and tomatoes. Nancy I hear you. Easy clean up. Should I clean. I do clean plates and cutlery.

My Flickr Site
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-05-2018, 04:33 AM
Administrator
ORMSKIRK, Lancashire

Glad you made it back OK Annie.

We are bathed in sunshine here, already 6C.

Doug
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-05-2018, 04:58 AM
A WC! Legend
North Yorkshire (James Herriot territory)

We have heavy mist but probably 7 or 8 degrees warmer than yesterday, promising...

Been for swim but twisted my lower back in bed last night so will give gym the miss today....try and get Eileen to leave house as she hasn't been out in a week.

Spoke to Claire on Facetime late yesterday, a good natter, she had just landed from Krabi which is an hours flight from Bangkok...it is a region of beach resorts on the Andaman coast.....think James Bond islands? She is next away for Songkran which is a main Thai Buddhist Festival which roughly coincides with Easter,and as the school works on an English system they have Easter off as well.....so she is back across to Japan for the Plum Blossom and Cherry Blossom trails...by herself as usual.

geoff
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-05-2018, 05:25 AM
A Local Legend

Hails from Greece

I realised today that life is a very stupid thing to live. What's its point? No point at all. You try hard to make things work - most of the times don't- and then one day you die. And there is no point for all these efforts, nothing at all because no one is able to understand your concept, most people don't have a clue of what you lived your life for, not to mention that sometimes you might not have a concept at all, while the rest ( the unrelated to you ) don't give a skato either way, ( unless they can profit from you existence).
Finally if you manage to get old or if you unlucky enough to get sick you are disposable because old and ill people cost to the system and trouble other people.

So generally speaking and from all points of view, it seems that we live our lives just for the sake of doing so. We come here and pass away and then they come the next ones just for the sake of keeping on. Putting aside the environmental impact, everything is futile and goes in vain and ends up usually in a pretentious ceremonies where pretentious people, pretend that they know or that they care about what someone did in his of her life, behaviour that is for sure fake, because they don't have a clue of what the other people have in their minds.
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-05-2018, 05:40 AM
A WC! Legend
In the middle of Michigan's thumb

Hails from United States

Good day all,

Cold out and Ms. Feral is banging on the door, happy to be alive.
I'll tend to her in a bit.

Nothing special planned for today. But, plenty to do. I'll draw some and practice my dulcimer. I'm trying to learn the Westphalia Waltz. Beautiful music. The beauty around us and friendship of others makes life worth living.

I just discovered Cauliflower pizza crust. It sounds delicious. Has anyone tried it? I guess Trader Joes sells it pre-made but there are recipes on line. I'll give it a go.

Bill

Last edited by Scene Chaser : 03-05-2018 at 05:48 AM.
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-05-2018, 06:00 AM
Administrator
ORMSKIRK, Lancashire

Hi Bill, yes we live life to enjoy it and leave the world a better place for being here. We live on in the memories we leavecbehind and if lucky the things we leave behind.

We remember our ancestors by the things they pass on. Just one or two pieces which were touched by them.

Doug
  #8   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-05-2018, 06:31 AM
A WC! Legend

Sorry don't agree with you Marialena...I know we are dying from the time we are born but there is much more than that as 'social animals'....If we knew what was going to happen and what other people thought then I might slightly agree...but we don't and we won't and having pleasure for being here means so much to many......do you know why you paint such beautiful pictures, is it to give pleasure to yourself,or to others?...or both?

geoff

p.s Not related to above,I see in Time Magazine this week that annually 64000 people die in the US,not from guns but Opiate misuse...that is the same figure as US forces losses in Viet Nam,Iraq and Afghanistan historically.

Last edited by shipbroker : 03-05-2018 at 06:36 AM.
  #9   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-05-2018, 07:44 AM
A WC! Legend
Ontario, West of Toronto

Hails from Canada

Good Morning!!

Bright sunshine, blue sky, a high of 3C and, of course, the north wind

A university professor decided to host a table tennis tournament for young and old, male and females. This was held at the Senior Centre simply because we, the table tennis club, allowed them to use our 6 tables but refused to let them move them (breakage).

So that is where I spent yesterday afternoon instead of doing my laundry. Some of our club members participated and it was fun cheering them on. They did well considering that they were more than twice the age of most of the other players.

I have an appointment with the surgeon this morning and am hoping for excellent new

I found out that the National Ballet School of Canada does a summer exchange program with the Royal Ballet School of London, Ethan applied and has been accepted. It is a two or three week program.

((((((((((((((((((((((((Marialena))))))))))))))))) ))))))))

Geoff, my daughter does all of her travelling by herself too and loves it just as much as your daughter.

Doug, that too will get a bit boring after a few times but enjoy today.

Steve, that would have been quite the boost for your MIL

to you Annie and Bill and wish everyone a good day.

Uschi

#10   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-05-2018, 07:54 AM
A Local Legend

Hails from Greece

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipbroker
Sorry don't agree with you Marialena...I know we are dying from the time we are born but there is much more than that as 'social animals'....If we knew what was going to happen and what other people thought then I might slightly agree...but we don't and we won't and having pleasure for being here means so much to many......do you know why you paint such beautiful pictures, is it to give pleasure to yourself,or to others?...or both?

geoff

p.s Not related to above,I see in Time Magazine this week that annually 64000 people die in the US,not from guns but Opiate misuse...that is the same figure as US forces losses in Viet Nam,Iraq and Afghanistan historically.

I don't paint beautiful paintings. In order to paint beauty you have in the first place to live beautifully and experience beauty. I don't.
So I am dishonest because I'm faking beauty lying to myself and to the others that beauty exists.
The most meaningful and honest action of my day was this:

Now I feel very honest ( ETA: at least) towards myself.

P.S Doug can you fix please my account. I can't access the debates forum. Fix it please because I want to comment about Downton Abbey thread because such threads seem to me the most interesting subjects to discuss from now on.

Last edited by MarialenaS : 03-05-2018 at 07:59 AM.
  #11   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-05-2018, 08:15 AM
A WC! Legend

Did Monet,Van Gogh et al live 'beautifully', no most of their lives were in abject poverty...so don't accept your reasoning but won't be commenting further.

geoff
  #12   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-05-2018, 08:28 AM
A Local Legend
Northeastern Ont

Hails from Canada

everyone,
Another sunny but cold day. We have been up since 3:00 and I drove Brianís mom to the airport for her flight home. Her flight left at 5:10 a.m. My son and his girlfriend need to be at the airport for10:15 so that will be my next trip.

Yesterday we had everyone over for supper again so another exhausting day. Ten to feed but it was pretty easy with leftovers from the turkey supper and a pot roast on top. Only a few leftovers left.

Brianís back is no better so he is thinking of going to ER this morning.

I have some house cleaning to do after everyone leaves and then I have to meet Maxís bus. Iíll finally get back to the gym tomorrow.

I long ago decided that everyone has to find their own purpose for being here. My short time on this earth is aimed at seeing and enjoying all the small happy moments each day, and making a positive difference in otherís lives. I literally have helped save hundreds of lives in my career and that made a big difference to them and their families. But my focus has always been coaching, caring for, and assisting my children and now grandchildren to find their own purposes. Purposes donít have to be large, or showy, or make a difference to the whole universe. If it makes you happy or helps those around you it is enough.

Heavy thoughts for early in the morning. Iím off and running again and wish you all a happy day.

www.ellenspalette.com
  #13   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-05-2018, 08:37 AM
WC! Guide
Llangarron Herefordshire UK

Marialena - you are not your usual self but the mood will pass. We all have dark days and you have lost your father so not surprisingly your spirits are low.

Take heart - you have a real talent for Art and you have given the rest of us real pleasure and enjoyment in your paintings. Chin up and be positive !

Mike
  #14   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-05-2018, 09:05 AM
Memphis, TN

Hails from United States

Good Monday to all.....started raining again last night after midnight, so wet this morning, with a few scattered showers likely, harder rain this evening and tonight.....but, sun tomorrow and the rest of the week. Temps are mild with mid 60's called for the rest of the week starting Wednesday.

This morning I'll go down and remove the MIL's bed to make room for the hospice hospital type bed to be delivered this morning. Her existing bed is a semi-hospital bed that both the head and lower section can be raised. The only difference I see is that the new bed will also have a height adjustment to it, is a little wider, and has castors on it and side rails. Her existing bed will go to Habitat Reuse store as it's almost brand new......

Marialena.....I think I can understand where you're coming from. In 2000 I was diagnosed with a pituitary tumor that resulted in a life alter condition with no cure. I've had 4 brain surgeries, had both hips replaced, and I'm on a daily regiment of meds and a monthly shot to keep the condition under control. It ended my career in Architecture. It has altered my life's quality both physically and mentally. There is no aspect of my life that this beast has not touched........and I have sat at the kitchen table with a load handgun sitting on the table in front of me searching for a reason not to just stick it in my mouth and end the battle. Thankfully, my fear of it not being successful in ending my pain was enough to stop me. Through my 18 year battle after the diagnosis, and the decade of health issues preceding that before we connected all the dots.....I've come to these two conclusions, 1.) pain and heartaches aren't options in this life..........misery is a choice. 2.) Life is what you make it.....it's what you focus on. Feed the dark, looming beast of gloom and despair and it will consume you. Look for the beauty, be it simple or complex, search for the good and you'll find it. It's just that simple. No doctor can do it for you, no friend or relative can do it for you.....it's something that only each individual can decide......misery is a choice. I choose to not be miserable, one minute at a time, one hour at a time, one day at a time.....and tomorrow, I'll start over. If I impact just one person...with a smile, a handshake, or a word of encouragement....then my life means something.......and yours does too.

Uschi.....that's the mental image the so tickled us......this 91 year old frail, woman with dementia who talks to dead people....wired up to the max on a 5-hour shot of instant energy.......Gawd help us and get out of her way.

Have to get moving......just got a call that the guys delivering the new bed are inbound about an hour out.....Be good, do good.........and look for the simple beauty in life today.....you just might find it laying right in front of you at your feet. BBL

Steve......I define my life, my life doesn't define me.
  #15   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-05-2018, 09:12 AM
A WC! Legend
Pinehurst, Ontario

Hails from Canada

Good Morning! It's a lovely bright and sunny day with the temperature still below freezing.

We emptied out all the upper cabinets in the kitchen and have sorted what we'll keep, what will end up in the landfill and what's going to the thrift store. McKenzie stopped by last night and we sent home lots of *stuff* that we'd collected over the years from various events.

Today, we must take all the garbage to the transfer station. The thrift store doesn't open till tomorrow. But, we'll make our way to the grocery store so we can fill the larder.

Ted's going to make a couple of calls to Contractors that we know. It would be helpful to get the advice of a general contractor as to how we need to organize everything that needs to be done. There's so much.

Doug, is there someone who can offer Ruth a ride to her Group? I suppose her wheelchair is likely the issue.

Annie, driving in fog is incredibly stressful and no wonder you were exhausted!

Geoff, your Claire is living her life in her own terms and that's so refreshing! Filling it up, she's certainly making lots of wonderful memories!

((((Marialena)))), I urge you to seek some guidance. Your sadness is profound and it hurts to read your posts. You are a beautifully talented and respected Artist. Life is not futile and you have touched many, many people with your interaction just here on WetCanvas.

Bill, if you like cauliflower, you'll like it as crust. But, it's not crust. It's cauliflower. We think of it as a vegetarian pancake... and that's good!

Congratulations to Ethan, Uschi! What an honour! And I hope the news from your Surgeon is positive.

Ellen, you and I are of the same mind. I love being able to affect some small difference in mine and the lives of the people around me... from my precious family to my students and friends... they all enrich MY life as well.

Poor (((Brian)))! Keep us posted.

One more note... I know that I'm never going to be world famous. I'll never win a Nobel Prize for anything. No books will be written about my life. In the big scheme of things, my life is pretty inconsequential. I know that. And I don't care. Because the beach is made up of billions of grains of sand. Without the small things, there'd be no big ones.

Hi ((Mike))!

Steve, I'm waiting for today's adventures in your household!

I must get moving. We have things to do, places to go and people to see! I hope yours is the very best possible day!

EDIT: we x-posted Steve and you didn't disappoint!

Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art. Leonardo DaVinci
Handbook Index ... Help for Newbies