I started with this (which I posted in the Darkroom)...
I thought it might be worth stylizing a bit; I wanted to tone down the color of the background, lighten the flowers too, and emphasize the reds. I ended up with this...
I'm not crazy about how heavy a couple of lines are around some of the petals, but otherwise I'm pleased.
For those interested in the steps here's what I did:
1) I took the original into Foto_Sketcher and applied Pencil Drawing 3, tweaking the settings until I got a somewhat high-key look. I also tried to minimize those heavy lines around some petals as much as I could. Saved the result as a separate file.
2) Opened original and pasted the file from step 1 as a separate layer.
3) Using a layer mask, I painted on the mask with a medium gray on the bases of the flowers to reduce the high-key effect in those areas.
4) Then a Curves layer to increase the high0key effect everywhere.
5) Another Curves layer using the Strong-Contrast preset which lightened everything even more.
6) But step 5 made the reds too pale, so I added a Levels layer and darkened everything, filled the Level layer's mask with black to hide darkening, and painted on the mask with white over the red areas at the bases of the flowers to darken and richen the reds.
7) It was looking better, but I wanted to push it further, so I selected the Foto-Sketcher layer from step 1 and changed the blend mode to screen.