WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Subjects > Southwest and Western Art
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-23-2018, 01:16 AM

Introducing me

Hi and I should say Howdy,

This is a photo of me a few years back when I used to do shows for the tourist in Virginia city. I always played a bad guy. I fell down alot cause i got shot a lot lol well since I turned 60 and over I don't like falling down and it was kinda funny to watch me get down on the ground after I had been shot lol (For the shows mind you...I was the bad guy lol) Thought I'd show you. it was a fun time. and the other pic is one of my first western digital's I painted. I have since painted this on canvas. It looks pretty good hanging in the guest room. Hope you guys like these. Everyone have a great day!
Attached Images

#2   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-23-2018, 08:32 AM
Administrator
ORMSKIRK, Lancashire

Hails from United Kingdom
Re: Introducing me

Nice work Jon, what an interesting life you have had.

Doug
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-23-2018, 09:42 AM
Big Spring,Texas

Hails from United States

Wow! I love the rugged costume! You might paint a self portrait and put it in our Notorious Outlaws thread, John. Too cool! Your digital painting is gorgeous!
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-23-2018, 02:14 PM
Wisconsin

Hails from United States

John, this is great introduction! I can just imagine how much fun you must have had playing the bad guy. What a wonderful getup you got to wear, too. Looks like great fun! Thanks for letting us get to know you a bit. Your digital painting is fantastic, too! I hope we see much more of your work.

My blog: http://thecozyred.wordpress.com/
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-05-2018, 11:25 PM

Sorry I haven't gotten around to Replying to you alls comments please forgive me but life sometimes just doesn't let me get on the computer every night lol.

Yorky Thanks sir for liking my art and yes it's been an interesting ride through my life especially my art life. That I hope someday to put down in a book. I also love to write and paint picture,stories, with words.
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-05-2018, 11:34 PM

KreativeK Thank you for your kind comment. Lol ya I almost always played a bad guy. Everyone thats ever seen me in person says I look like I was born in the wrong ERA. HAHA, Steel Blue eyes, Jet Black Hair and an attitude of stone cold coolness even in the heat of the Mojave. hahahaha But my Moniker they tagged me with didn't seem to frighten anyone....They called me Cleatus.
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-05-2018, 11:41 PM

Hi jennaboo88 Thanks for liking my work and yes it was a ton of fun walking up to a tourist wearing cut off jeans and asking him why he cut his pants off. OMG that was fun lol People would ask me all the time if my guns were loaded and I would tip my hat a little and look at them with squinted eyes and and answer in a slow deep and dry voice "you wanna find out?" lol I know I'm a stinker lol And yes I hope to post more western paintings soon.
  #8   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-06-2018, 11:34 AM
Wisconsin

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Blackford
Hi jennaboo88 Thanks for liking my work and yes it was a ton of fun walking up to a tourist wearing cut off jeans and asking him why he cut his pants off. OMG that was fun lol People would ask me all the time if my guns were loaded and I would tip my hat a little and look at them with squinted eyes and and answer in a slow deep and dry voice "you wanna find out?" lol I know I'm a stinker lol And yes I hope to post more western paintings soon.

Lucky you, you got to say the stuff so many of us think and get away with it, because you were the bad guy. Probably the best job ever!

My blog: http://thecozyred.wordpress.com/
  #9   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-09-2018, 07:36 PM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint
Saskatoon, SK. Canada

Hails from Canada

Sounds like you had a fun job would love to see a self portrait dressed in your garb of the day.
  #10   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-14-2018, 11:59 AM
A Local Legend
Swift Current, Saskatchewan, Canada

Hails from Canada

Hi John, Love your work. Love that "bad guy" image too.

Horse lovers are "stable" people
My Website http://www.freewebs.com/sheilastienley/index.htm
  #11   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-14-2018, 05:29 PM
A Local Legend
southeast Wyoming

Hails from United States

Good to meet you John! I like your digital paintings. You would fit right in here in Cheyenne, as we have Gunslingers that do old west shoot out reenactments all summer long for the touristos.

Come join us in the Southwest/Western forum
My art blog