This will be my second collage. I'll be posting here regularly as I make progress on my portrait of Ben Franklin. It's based on the image on the 100 dollar bill.
First I used the grid method to put down the basic linework for Ben's face(using a pencil). Then I started putting down various bits and pieces of magazines for the background(orange and purple). Now I've moved in closer into his hair, and I'm planning to have some green hues used on the facial area of this portrait soon.
The word "cannon" looks peculiar in the top left corner, I'll probably blend and cover that up a little bit more so it does not look so stark.