WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Subjects > Florals and Botanical
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-01-2018, 05:08 PM
North East England.

Hails from England
Talking Greenies' Chatterbox!!

Happy New Year everyone ...... hope you're not too hung-over to join us for a chat!

I was in early to tidy up and have coffee and toast ready for you ... or a cup of tea if you prefer
I do miss some of our friends who were regulars so I do hope they pop in to share their news - would love to keep in touch!

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in Florals/Botanicals, Weekend Drawing Events in the All Media Arts Events forum. Different Strokes in the Acrylics Forum.
**Information Kiosk~Acrylics**
**Reference Image Library**
**My SAA website**
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-02-2018, 09:18 AM
A Local Legend

Re: Greenies' Chatterbox!!

what happened to those delicious pastries, you are so famous for?.....no wonder it's so quite in here......also Meggs is still recovering from her 'party mode'.....

I thought 'tea time' was 4 PM?......
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-02-2018, 12:39 PM
North East England.

Hails from England

It's almost dinner time blue, so fresh cakes and pastries will have to wait ..... I'll see what I can rustle up tomorrow!!!

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in Florals/Botanicals, Weekend Drawing Events in the All Media Arts Events forum. Different Strokes in the Acrylics Forum.
**My SAA website**
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-02-2018, 01:47 PM
A Local Legend

Oh Maureen, it's lunch time!..... but you are always 5 hrs ahead of me....

by the way, a very Happy New Year to you....
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-06-2018, 08:19 AM
Enthusiast
Glassboro, New Jersey

Hails from United States

We are in a deep, deep freeze here in New Jersey. Going out anyway to a 'bouncy house' to celebrate my grand-daughter's fifth birthday. Have a great weekend everyone.

Kathy
I love friends to visit my blog: My Blog: Minding My P's with Q
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-06-2018, 10:33 AM
A Local Legend

Kathy...how much snow did you get?.....I'm at the beach and we got an official 18"....
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-06-2018, 02:36 PM
North East England.

Hails from England

Kathy - I hope that bouncy castle/house/plaything didn't freeze and break!

The images shown over here of your Eastern coast deep freeze are quite spectacular!

Blue - please don't go out to be a snowman!

**My SAA website**
  #8   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-07-2018, 01:21 PM
Enthusiast
Glassboro, New Jersey

Hails from United States

Hi Blue, I'm in Glassboro, we have between 4-6 inches in our area. It's blown around a lot so it's hard to tell what the official depth is where we live. I've been putting out a lot of bird seed, scattered on top. I heard that Cape May and Brick Twp. both had near 18 inches. Tomorrow should bring a thaw.

Maureen, the bouncing was all inside and great fun was had by all.

Kathy
  #9   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-07-2018, 10:26 PM
A Local Legend

Kathy.....I'm familiar with Glassboro.....'Grassboro State Teachers College'.....from my younger days....grew up in SJ....now over at LBI!
  #10   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-08-2018, 08:02 AM
Enthusiast
Glassboro, New Jersey

Hails from United States

I would love to breathe that sea air in every day.

Kathy
  #11   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-08-2018, 09:32 PM
Veteran Member
Northern New England

Hails from United States

Happy New Year to one and all...

I hope each one has the blessings they deserve and desire. I have totally been out of any artistic loop - struggling to remain warm here in the northeast region of the USA...we had thought we could use our motor home to go to southern climes, looks like the southern climes need some warmth as well...

I've been able to spend time with my son and grandchildren through the fall...that's been amazing. My granddaughter recently turned 11, my grandson will turn three on Saturday... He has Down's syndrome, and has needed many interventions, but it appears he's going to do well, he's surprised his therapists with the milestones he's accomplished including being able to walk. We are most grateful.

Well, I don't know when/if I will be able to be active in my art once again...I have become so allergic to corn, I cannot even smell popcorn popping without an asthmatic reaction and my flower 'clay' is made using corn starch...I don't know if I will ever be able to work on flowers again...even gum paste has corn in it. So, I don't know if it's OK to still pop in and visit, or if it's wasting your time if I cannot contribute artistically...but I do miss everyone's chit-chat.

Blessings and gratitude, I'm nearly one year older, God has blessed and I'm still alive. LynnneDe
As I will never take this exact path again may I not leave a kind word unspoken or a kind deed undone. May my life count for good, may the world be better for my having been in it when the final reckoning is accomplished. Blessings, LynneDe
  #12   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-09-2018, 09:57 AM
North East England.

Hails from England

Sorry to hear about the allergy LynneDe - truly awful for you ........ but no reason to stop popping in her!

**My SAA website**
  #13   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-10-2018, 01:16 PM
Veteran Member
Northern New England

Hails from United States

Thank you, Maureen! I appreciate the affirmation.

Winter is when I would normally do my artwork the most, right now I'm fighting the urge to get my supplies out as my lungs already feel on fire from the bitter cold and I don't want to rock things...but oh how I want to have my hands in the clay once more! So many flowers and greenery to try to replicate - I truly miss it.

I have seen where some are using other starches instead of corn to make the clay, no one is giving out the recipe thus far...so I'm not sure how to do it. I've seen the flowers made from butter beans, the lady who is doing that wants to hold classes, thinking if she shares the recipe, she' not going to get students...Oh well! I will keep searching.

I do need to empty out this house from 20+ years of craft hoarding so we can move into our motor home...hoping to sell the house and pay off the mortgage...our motorhome is not new, so the 'mortgage' on it is small...if we make any profit at all, we should be able to pay that off as well...and live debt free on a portion of our land we want to reserve when we sell the house.

I will miss the view of our large field. It goes down into a hollow with a small hill at the bottom, then it rises up behind that like a bowl. Hoping to still own the viewed area, we would just be at a different angle to it. I am emotionally attached to this place...but we don't need a four-bedroom ranch for two people, and the winters are getting harder as we age. Our children don't live close by, they aren't interested in living here, too far in the country for them, so I think it's better just to sell it and then travel as we wish to see the country and old friends.

Anyway, thanks for the invitation to still stop by here. I've missed you all and the familiar chitchat of friends. It's like stopping at the corner store and joining in with those who happen to be there. Nothing planned, just meeting whomever comes by and renewing the friendship.

It's been pretty quiet here of late. I hope others will stop by and share again too.

Blessings and gratitude or all I have been given in this life - including you.
LynneDe
As I will never take this exact path again may I not leave a kind word unspoken or a kind deed undone. May my life count for good, may the world be better for my having been in it when the final reckoning is accomplished. Blessings, LynneDe
  #14   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-11-2018, 08:06 AM
Enthusiast
Glassboro, New Jersey

Hails from United States

Hi LynneDe, My husband and I also live in a four-bedroom home. I know while we are still active and fit we should downsize before a move might become hard on us physically. We talk now and then of living in a motor home and traveling a bit. I do agree though, it's hard to think of leaving what I've loved so much. Kathy

Kathy
  #15   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-11-2018, 05:35 PM
Veteran Member
Northern New England

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by catjoe
.... I do agree though, it's hard to think of leaving what I've loved so much. Kathy

My husband has deep roots. He was born and raised in the next town over from us and has lived all his life within 20 miles of the house he grew up in...we've been here over 21 years now...moved here October 4, 1996...so my roots here are strong too.

I love the country. I will never make it as a city girl, even driving in two lanes each direction is stressful, and with a 30 foot motorhome towing a van, no way do I want to have to deal with one-way streets that I don't have knowledge of...I would like to boondock on Bureau of Land Management and State Park properties, free camping is cool by me...but I like familiar best...and ultimately I would like a spot where I could volunteer my cooking or office skills (BA in Business/Economics) in exchange for free setup/electricity...though I plan to have solar as soon as I can afford it.

I don't want to leave the legacy of a lot of junk for my children to have to go through...I'm not crafting or doing art much anymore, so most of my collected supplies will go to others that can use them...I don't have expensive materials, but a lot of varied kinds. I've done things from counted cross stitch to colored pencils, glass painting to etching, soldering to beaded items...I need to get rid of things I don't plan on using again...sell what I can, give what I can't sell...

Well, it's nice to see some 'community' here once again. I hope more join in.

Blessings and gratitude...I had a wonderful birthday this year! 2018 is going to be my year to be happy!
LynneDe