WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > The Art Business Center > General Art Business > Internet Sales Strategies
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-30-2017, 02:34 PM

Facebook Groups

Hello,

We all know about Facebook's throttling of Fanpages. I am hugely effected by this, but I simply can't spend any more on boosting and ads.

It's just ocured to me that I could start my own group! I am a member of many groups, but have only just started posting on them.

It has just struck me that whenever someone posts to a group that I am a member of, I see the notification within Facebook's notifications.

I wonder if you can invite all your followers of your fanpage to join your group? Probably not without running an ad, but if this could be done, then this would be a good workaround. Whenever I post something to my own group, all the members would know about it without me spending.

Facebook can't be that stupid to allow this, so it probably wouldn't work.

Any thoughts?
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-30-2017, 03:42 PM
Veteran Member
Pawtucket, RI

Hails from United States
Re: Facebook Groups

I know a lot of people on FB who run groups as part of their business. I don't think you need an ad to do this. You can just ask people individually who like your fan page. I know you can add people to a group without asking them, but I wonder if you can invite people. I think so. Seems like I've been invited to some.
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-01-2018, 02:44 AM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint
New Mexico

Hails from United States

I personally think this is a good idea. If nothing else, it allows you to meet people who may be interested in what you do. I did not know about the "Fan page" problem. Since I was interested in FB only to do the Fan page (or I guess it is called a Business Page). Now, knowing this, FB is totally useless to me. I have a small presence, mainly to keep track of various people-- but most of this is business related. I really do not have any friends in real life. (I have Aspergers, so having no friends does not bother me). Having a group would be a doable socialization thing that a person with extreme social anxiety (like me) can do. (Art involves a lot of socialization).

Believe it or not, the old "Meet-Up" platform is a good one too for local groups (for example-- art groups). Of all the on-line platforms I have gotten the most benefit from Meet-up. (I do not even know if it exists any more).

Making art since 1973-ish.
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-09-2018, 09:12 PM
Enthusiast

Groups work well. Once facebook finds out that people are using them to promote their business, my guess is they are going to do something to mess it up so you have to pay extra, but for now, enjoy!