WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Photography > The Shutterbug Pub
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-25-2017, 04:08 AM
A WC! Legend
Huntington Beach, CA

Hails from United States
Shutterbug Pub Daily, Christmas, December 25, 2017

Happy Holidays to all the good folks who frequent WetCanvas.

And may 2018 be a healthy and productive year for you all.

Sorry I don't have a photo that's more traditionally Christmas (but at least the colors are right.)

Last edited by droll13 : 12-25-2017 at 04:13 AM.
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-25-2017, 06:29 AM
State of Suspense

Hails from United States
Shutterbug Pub Daily, Monday, December 25, 2017

Merry Christmas to all celebrating today, and just a plain good morning to the rest of you -

First, Peter, sorry to hear about your wife. I'm glad she was able to enjoy another Christmas. I hope the treatment works as planned and is successful. What a hard time you and she are going through.

I've been slaving for several days now getting ready for the family Christmas at our house. 18 people, so it will be a little tight, but we've done it before. Now I have to get cooking, literally.

And that's all I have time for right now. Hope you all have (had) a wonderful Christmas, and, of course, best wishes for a good New Year.

Ray
“It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful. There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.”- Alan Cohen

Last edited by Oldthumbs : 12-25-2017 at 06:37 AM.
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-25-2017, 09:50 AM
A Local Legend
eastern coast

Hails from United States
Re: Shutterbug Pub Daily, Monday, December 25, 2017

Thank you, Ray. I wish you the same. Maybe in 2018 you can stop in more often??
I wish everyone a very Merry Christmas!! How ever you celebrate during these holidays......may your days be merry and bright, and may all your hopes and dreams come true.
I, too, have work to do and cooking to do.....and after the New Year begins all our dieting!! LOL!

#4   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-25-2017, 11:36 AM
Sterling Heights, Michigan

Hails from United States

Good to hear from you Ray. That will be quite a houseful of people. I hope everyone is bringing a little something to make your job of cooking a little easier.

Natalie, the same with you. I hope your crowd brings snacks and appetizers to help you out. But I bet everyone is already drooling over your borscht, home made pierogis, cheese cake, etc.

We are now about to head out to my sister-in-laws. The festivities there start at 1:30. We went out last night in a snow storm for a party. It was a real mess as the snow starting falling and kept falling and falling... This morning looked like this:

Christmas Blessing To ALL,
LORELL
Nikon D5100, Nikkor 50mm 1.8, Tamron 16-300mm lens, Tamron 90mm Macro lens

Last edited by Luv2shoot : 12-25-2017 at 11:40 AM.
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-25-2017, 12:33 PM
A Local Legend
eastern coast

Hails from United States
Re: Shutterbug Pub Daily, Christmas 2017

That is a beautiful shot, and it does look Christmassy!! With the reds and greens! Merry Christmas, Dave. I see we have two posts started today!! Never enough Christmas posts, I say!!

#6   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-25-2017, 03:51 PM
A WC! Legend
Huntington Beach, CA

Hails from United States
Re: Shutterbug Pub Daily, Christmas 2017

Thanks, Natalie. Just a a throwaway shot that turned out better than expected, of budding flowers along a fence line in the front yard.

I too noticed that we have more than one Daily today so I PM'd Lorell to see if they can be merged, but she's probably enjoying the holiday with friends & relatives.

Merry Christmas to you, too.
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-25-2017, 05:40 PM
Veteran Member
Tillamook, Oregon

Hails from United States

Drinking an egg nog while waiting for more family to arrive. Enjoying seeing all the neat pictures you all are posting. Did a 5 mile walk on the beach/bay road with the best weather imaginable for here on xmas.
Carry on & Merry Christmas!
  #8   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-25-2017, 06:12 PM
Sterling Heights, Michigan

Hails from United States
Re: Shutterbug Pub Daily, Christmas, December 25, 2017

I'm Baaaaaaack.
It was a bit dangerous driving to my sister-in-laws with all the snow from last night blowing across the roads. We got onto the expressway and was delayed 30 minutes because the police had to shut the road down due to a multiple car accident. That is not a good sign when they have to shut down the road. It is a four lane highway and so we sat in the car not moving for about 15 minutes and then crawled to the first exit where all four lanes had to leave the highway.

Snow squalls keep moving through the area all day causing slippery roads and poor visibility. We have another party to go to tonight but have decided to pass because of all the warnings posted about the treacherous roads.

So, tomorrow we will attend our last party. We are both tired of parties and food. How do "party people" do it? I am excited about tomorrow's party because I am giving our friends a photo that I took of them when they visited us last year on Anna Maria Island. It is a 16X20 canvas print of the two of them with the sun setting behind them. I got tears in my eyes when I first saw the print after picking it up from Costco. The canvas is really a nice touch. I think I may get the same reaction when my friend and her husband open up the gift and see it for the first time.

I took care of the double Christmas day thread. It is nice to see two instead of none, but I did combine them. Thanks Dave, Thanks Ray.

LORELL
Nikon D5100, Nikkor 50mm 1.8, Tamron 16-300mm lens, Tamron 90mm Macro lens

Last edited by Luv2shoot : 12-25-2017 at 06:14 PM.
  #9   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-01-2018, 10:57 PM
State of Suspense

Hails from United States
Re: Shutterbug Pub Daily, Christmas, December 25, 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2shoot
I took care of the double Christmas day thread. It is nice to see two instead of none, but I did combine them.
I swear there was no Daily when I started my version of it. I must be getting senile.
“It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful. There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.”- Alan Cohen