WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Subjects > Inspirational Art
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-02-2017, 04:40 PM

John 8

Been working on this one for a couple of weeks John 8:4-7 says 4 They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act. 5 Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou? 6 This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not. 7 So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her. Sometimes itís hard not to be like the scribes and Pharisees and judge others. We must show the love and compassion like Jesus did to this woman because we all are not perfect and have sin in our own lives. He did not condone her sin but went on to tell her to sin no more. The Bible says itís his job to judge others not ours. Charcoal Size 18x24 on white canvas not sure if I will have copies made. Hope you like it and have a blessed evening.
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-04-2017, 04:01 PM

Hails from United States
Re: John 8

This is just lovely! There are so few paintings/drawings based on scriptures any more and it's wonderful to see one as well done as yours.
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-04-2017, 10:37 PM

Thank you God has blessed me so much itís a joy to honor him with a pencil.
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-05-2018, 08:33 AM

Hails from Wales

I'm sure there were men in the crowd that day who arrogantly (and falsely) boasted of being without sin, so, had anyone other than Our Lord confronted them, the adultress would have been stoned to death. But His words cut through their hypocrisy like no other's could, and they were humbled. I think your drawing exceptionally well captures the intensity of the non-verbal aspects of His communication to the crowd. A remarkable work.
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-17-2018, 12:57 PM
Lord of the Arts

Many years ago I took a museum copying class . I sat making a study of a Fra Angelico portrait of a Saint. Now I'm a non-believer but Great Art moves me even without belief. While I was working on my study a nun walked into the room with a class . She looked approvingly at my study and said "Yes, Saint Francis was wonderful". I remember thinking "Saint Francis, schamsis this is a Fra Angelico!" Now years later I realize that Fra Angelico wanted me to see Saint Francis and not Fra Angelico. That she was right and I was missing the point.

Your work is very well done . You have lavished a wonderful sensitive touch in this dramatic telling of this story. The minimalisticly depicted background gives us enough info to conjure up a complete scene.
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-20-2018, 04:38 PM
Immortalized

Hails from Canada

Very well said, Harry!