WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Decorative Arts, Murals, and Faux
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-06-2017, 03:01 PM
A beautiful island in Washington

Hails from United States
Question painting rocks?

Hi, can't seem to find what I'm looking for here. It's been ages since I really painted anything but on the island I live on, there has been a huge explosion of artists painting beautiful pictures on rocks, and parents engaging their kids in rock art, then "turning them loose" in the parks here for others to find and enjoy. I love the idea of this and am starting to play with rock painting. This has always been a super-inspiring website for me so I was wondering if anyone here knows of a thread anywhere that involves the how-to's of painting on rocks? I use craft acrylics, but the acrylics forum all seems to be of a more canvas-oriented sort. Thanks much!
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-09-2017, 04:53 AM
Pahoa, Hawaii

Hails from United States
Re: painting rocks?

Iíve just recently painted a few rocks with acrylic, itís fun! DecoArt makes an outdoor acrylic paint that should work especially well for rock painting:

https://decoart.com/patio-paint-outdoor/

If your painted rocks will be outside, then they should be sealed with a clear, gloss, waterproof sealer on every side to prevent moisture from soaking into them and bubbling your paint. I got spar urethane to seal my rocks, but I haven't tried it out yet and don't know if it's the best outdoor sealer for them.

Check out youtube for lots of rock painting videos. My favorites are the rock mandalas.