WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > The Art Business Center > General Art Business > Internet Sales Strategies
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-27-2017, 05:20 PM

Sites to sell original art besides Daily Paint Works?

I like Daily Paint Works, but it seems things have slowed down there as of late, so are there comparable sites with somewhat similar formats to sell original art? DPW, to me at least, seems much more intimate than say, Fine Art America. I like the feel of DPW, but wish there was a place with more traffic. Any thoughts? Thanks.
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-27-2017, 05:48 PM
A WC! Legend
Almost Philadelphia

Hails from United States
Re: Sites to sell original art besides Daily Paint Works?

I do well on Etsy.
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-28-2017, 07:53 PM

I can see why. You're not only very talented but you have found a nice niche.

I was referring more to DPW's format. Post once a day, etc. Kind of like an 'unveiling' of the work, and then if it doesn't sell, go ahead and put it on Etsy for more long-term. More like that sort of thing.

PS.....has ETSY slowed down much for you as of late? I see many complaining about that. Are your views still up there?
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-29-2017, 12:32 PM
A WC! Legend
Almost Philadelphia

Hails from United States

Thanks, Chad. I heard early on, here, to paint what you love and I do. I also enjoy the commission process, the discussions, etc. A lot of artists hate that.

Things have picked up considerably for me on Etsy. My shop tanked last year this time, which is usually my busiest time all the way through June.

I've done much better since they fired the CEO who thought it was a tech site, not a commerce site and replaced him.

I am not at the same level of views as 2015, but it's close. And since I raised my prices, my revenue is better.

Have you thought of Instagram for what you're trying to do?
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-29-2017, 04:28 PM

I did not know that about the CEO - good! I'm happy to hear that's fixed. It seemed pretty unfriendly there for awhile. I thought it might have been due in part to the election craziness, etc.

I am just in the process of getting my etsy shop going again after being pretty idle for a couple years, and already made a couple sales (on prints). I think I'm going to open another etsy shop just for my originals. The idea being to post them 1st on DPW then putting them in etsy. I just didn't want to get my prints and originals mixed up. Do you think that's a good idea?

And yes, I do have instagram too (just 350 followers). I see where it's kind of just being 'out there' and using these venues to direct them to a sales site. The motto might be 'every little bit helps'. Nothing gangbusters perhaps, but just sticking with it. (I do pinterest also, but none of them as enthusiastically as I should....yet)

BTW, I want to emphasize that I think DPW is a really good venue. I see where looks at my Etsy shop have increased since I started up there again. I do recommend DPW, but just don't get discouraged if there aren't sales. I think it's good exposure. Thanks for the nice visit.