WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Photography > The Shutterbug Pub
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-05-2017, 08:19 AM
A Local Legend
Huntington Beach, CA

Hails from United States
Shutterbug Pub Daily, Thursday, October 5, 2017

Good day/evening everyone.

As I was puttering around in the kitchen yesterday making this (there's another shot of my meatloaf in the Comfort Foods Challenge)...

...I noticed the low light through the window striking a glass and making nice reflections on the white counter...

TTFN
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-05-2017, 09:12 AM
Veteran Member

Re: Shutterbug Pub Daily, Thursday, October 5, 2017

Aye Mates,
ALLIE MAE a now 5 month old gun dog trainee is captured during a session of retrieval work. There were over 100 wood ducks that lifted off of the pond upon our arrival there to do some training.

This wee lass that was sired by me gun dog HR UH TTF CRAIGHORN KIFFIN TRAD SH and is out of dam TTF BIRCH BRANCH MAGGIE is a wonderfully precocious pup and is coming along very nicely with her training. ALLIE has been formally training with me for exactly two months now.

ALLIE MAE AT WORK
Name:  P1050865Resized.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  203.2 KB

Name:  P1060004Resized.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  125.3 KB

Name:  P1050877Resized.jpg
Size:  91.7 KB

Name:  P1050873Resized.jpg
Size:  80.8 KB

Cheers,
Irishwhistler
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-05-2017, 11:07 AM
Sterling Heights, Michigan

Hails from United States

Dave,
That looks like a nice and spicy dish. I know you are a good cook because of all the spices you use in your recipes. Yesterday my husband and I went out to lunch at a local Mexican restaurant because I saw that it was International TACO day. We probably ate the same ingredients as your meatloaf PLUS cilantro!

Mike,
It amazes me how quickly Allie Mae is growing. It looks like she is really doing well with her training, probably because she has such a good trainer and a very bloodline. When you take her to the pond, do you take TRAD too? Does the owner come with you also?

Well, since there doesn't seem to be a theme to today's daily, I guess I can use this portrait that didn't make the cut for the current DARKROOM challenge. However, I did add a few more photos in there today.

Have a very good Thursday,
LORELL
PS. This is NOT a selfie!
Nikon D5100, Nikkor 50mm 1.8, Tamron 16-300mm lens, Tamron 90mm Macro lens
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-05-2017, 02:14 PM
A Local Legend
Huntington Beach, CA

Hails from United States

Very impressive young dog, IrishWhistler, and obviously well-trained.

Lorell, my meatloaf was actually a little bland - no hot or exotic spices used. But that was intentional because I've gotten into the habit of making a mild "base" version of whatever I cook, and then I try out different spices and flavorings as I consume the leftovers. In fact, for this meatloaf I hear a small bottle of Tobago Habenero Curry, along with 4 varieties of peppercorn sauce, all shouting excitedly - "Use me! Use me!"

I'm still feeling shock and anger and sadness over the Las Vegas shooting, and I just can't understand why anyone would do that. It turns out that nearly half of those who didn't survive were from Southern California. Yesterday, I was chatting with the lady ahead of me in line at the grocers and she said was there at the concert when it happened, and one of the cashiers at the same grocer lost a friend.
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-05-2017, 08:46 PM
Enthusiast
Victoria

Hails from Australia

Dave, WOW, your meatloaf looks deeelish! Obviously you are quite a gastronome!

Lorell, What a fun portrait of a friend? Or was she an actor in some pageant?

EDIT: My mistake, I had forgotten about the old username, I asked Doug to change it for me last year sometime. However, I would rather use Greenhill if it's not too much trouble to change it, please. Cheers, Mark

Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us. ~ Calvin-

Last edited by Greenhill : 10-05-2017 at 08:52 PM.
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-06-2017, 10:09 AM
Veteran Member

Dave and Lorell,
Thanks for ye kind words on Miss ALLIE, she is coming along very nicely in her training. ALLIE is out of great genetics (selective breeding) and her training schedule is intensive but at a rate comesurate with her abilities to deal with those training related pressures. She continues to demonstrate that she loves all the work we throw at her (that all being specifically designed to keep her physically and mentally stimulated as well as highly motivated.

Her owner often trains with ALLIE and meself, but was not present at this particular session. TRAD was with us at this session. I let ALLIE free run with TRAD when I am doing gunfire conditioning so that she is distracted with him and thus pays little to no attention to the discharge of a starter pistol. I can now discharge the pistol whilst ALLIE is within 10 feet of me and she is showing no aversion to the report of the gunfire .

ALLIE is just entering her 3 moth of formal training and still will have many, many months to go prior to becoming a competent gun dog. Foundational obedience currently comprises the major portion of her training schedule. Gun dog specific related skill sets will be continually added as ALLIE demonstrates increasing proficiency.

Name:  UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_b21Resized.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  70.3 KB

Name:  UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_b00Resized.jpg
Size:  66.0 KB

Name:  P1050344Resized.jpg
Size:  159.2 KB

Name:  DSC03552Resized.JPG
Size:  130.9 KB
Scenes from ALLIE MAE'S continuing journey of training as a young gun dog recruit / prospect.

Cheers,
THE DOG WHISTLER
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-06-2017, 01:22 PM
A Local Legend
eastern coast

Hails from United States

Love the meatloaf....I am trying to avoid flour and wheat so I mix cooked quinoa into my meatloaf....it also tends to crumle some, but we have gotten to rather like it in there! Also, good for you.
Love the dog training shots. Beautiful dogs!
Lorell, your lady is so funny, great shot!!

Mark, you have two accounts. Just log out, and then log back in with your preferred name. I think that will do it.