WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Subjects > Miniature Art > Art Trading Cards and Art Cards Editions and Originals (ATC/ACEO)
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-03-2017, 11:26 AM

what ever happened to aeoc

I'm wondering if there is/was/ any money in it?
What is the highest price paid for an ACEO?
What is the average paid for ACEO card?
Is there much of a secondary market?
Where is the best place to sell ACEO cards?

I couldn't really get a straight answer from google, thought maybe someone here has some insight.

I always thought it was an interesting concept but never did any myself.
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-03-2017, 11:45 AM
Western Illinois

Hails from United States
Re: what ever happened to aeoc

It's not the fad it was but people still trade them and sell them.

EBay still seems to have quite a few. As with anything to do with sales, how successful you are depends as much on your marketing skills as your artistic skills.

As for prices and secondary markets and such, it's such an individual thing and there's millions of them so there's not a general answer. As with all artwork, each piece has it's own value.

I personally like making them but I do it for my own pleasure or to give or trade with friends.

I'm not much help, I know! Maybe someone else can add something.
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-03-2017, 12:23 PM
Wiltshire, UK

Hails from United Kingdom

I found that despite the size, to do them properly seems to take an awful lot of time. I've sold a few but not for much.

I still make small pictures, but tend to make them as monoprints by selecting nice details from otherwise failed prints and don't bother much about predefined formats. .
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-03-2017, 12:41 PM
Enthusiast

Hails from United States

Back when ACEOs were trending high, I sold quite a lot of them (Limited Edition Print version) via Etsy, my blog, and my personal website. They also sold well at my real-world shows.

When the ACEO trend began to fizzle out, I chose to focus entirely on showing and selling my large-format prints, instead. I still hand out ACEOs as spur-of-the-moment gifts and as a kind of special business card, but no longer sell or trade them.

I'm not sure how popular the format is these days, but am pleasantly surprised to see this WC forum for them is still somewhat active in 2017!
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-03-2017, 03:24 PM

Thanks all for the updates. I remember when they first started. I thought it was an interesting idea that might follow the trajectory of baseball cards. But I've come to understand the ONLY THING it has in common with baseball cards is the 2 1/2 x3 1/2 size. I never made any, small is not my strong suit.

But I've given considerable thought as to how an organization or strategy might be set-up to generate more sales and interest. All of which on closer examination had fatal flaws.