WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Pastels > Soft Pastel Talk
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors
Closed Thread  

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-02-2017, 08:30 AM
Lincolnshire countryside, UK

Hails from England
The Goal Post - October 2017

As Robert's not here yet...I thought I'd start this for him.

Welcome to the Goal Post. Goal setting is a very good tool to help people get organized. If you write or post your thoughts, you are more committed and have a better chance of reaching those goals.

Your goals can be short term or long term. They can be daily, weekly, monthly or annual goals. Goals are personal, so everybody's goals will be different. They are your goals, so you can do what ever you want.

Come join the regular gang and get encouragement to help you reach your goals. We have a very friendly group and we are always looking for new people to join us.

Feel free to share links or images of goals achieved or in progress, those are always fun and people like cheering them on.
Regards, Deirdre (Always pleased to get C&Cs!)[b] Don't forget - comment on other threads in the forum as well as posting your own work - also, we encourage you to post WIPs, they help others to learn as well as you.
Moderator Pastels Getting started in Soft Pastels Uploading Images
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-05-2017, 02:32 AM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint
South East

Hails from England
Re: The Goal Post - October 2017

Hi there Deirdre. Yes, Roberts taken off somewhere. I did not notice the locked symbol on the last thread until this morning. Holls now over and back to our goals. Mine are setting up a man cave for my art and a model railway in our garage. One of my lads helped with the floor insulation and the other with the walls and roof. An insulated roller door has been fitted so we are now ready for painting, carpet fitting (ex-lounge/dinning room stuff), beer fridge, arm chair and TV , last three I have yet to get past SWIMBO. Oh it will also need some cills putting down.
I will taxi my sister (came up to join us on holls) to the train station to take her home.
As it is the begining of the month my goals are:-
1. Measure up and cut cills.
2. Spray roof and walls a light colour to give more light to a dark environment.
3. Fit carpet.
4. Take residue of OSB cuts to the recycling centre
Jim.

#3   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-05-2017, 06:57 AM

Hails from England

Good targets Jim! What about some mirrors to reflect the light in...or even a sun tunnel of the roof?
Regards, Deirdre (Always pleased to get C&Cs!)[b] Don't forget - comment on other threads in the forum as well as posting your own work - also, we encourage you to post WIPs, they help others to learn as well as you.
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-05-2017, 01:47 PM
san diego, ca

Hails from United States

This little corner of heaven is coming along so nicely. You've put a lot of work into your room. Yes, a small sky light or tube could be useful.
Our son was married last weekend and I had prepared three bedrooms for relatives and friends. So...my house is spotless! The most difficult thing was finding a mother-of-the-groom dress and sensible shoes. Our daughter-in-law's mom had the same issue. Sucess! We transported all the relatives and friends seven hours north up to Lompoc (Santa Barbara) to the lovely ranch where the wedding was held. Here we are, holding onto one another as the wind howled across the hillside. Now I can relax and paint.

web site , Getting started in soft pastels., What you need to know, Critique Guide Lines
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-06-2017, 01:05 PM
South East

Hails from England

You both look lovely Karen and it sounds like you enjoyed the proceedings. Congratulations to the newly weds and to have a home that has been cleaned like that for wedding guests makes one really satisfied- I know because I've had big sis (she is 18mths older than me) staying on holls (I do the heavy house cleaning as I am a carer for SWMBO who uses a power chair). My sister likes everything in it's place . I taxied her to the train station this morning. It was good to see her again.

The lighting of the garage can be left 'til later. All light from the one end may suit the set-up. The next job is some skirting boards on the setup side and the spray/paint the interior. Oh I do have some brown mastic for where the boards did not meet exactly .
Jim.
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-14-2017, 07:15 AM
South East

Hails from England

Once again real life intervened. We had to switch on the central heating (summer one day -winter the next) and the boiler (about ten years old) started popping and then banging. Had to call british gas to repair it, it needed a new circuit board, what ever that is. I had to light the fire a couple of days. Well I found a use for the residual OSB wood . Also will not have to take it to the recycle centre . Also the Sat-nav in the new car sent us to wondous places, not the correct ones mind (a warrany job plus a courtesy car). Now SWMBO's Dell computer has a hard drive gone - oh woe is me . I'll not get much done towards art or model railways this month.
How are you all fairing?
Jim.
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-14-2017, 07:21 AM

Hails from England

Karen you look really good!
Jim sorry about your woes...life caught up with me too, in the form of flu! Been absolutely out of it for over a week...head still not right...no comments from you lot please!!!
  #8   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-14-2017, 07:27 AM
South East

Hails from England

We caught it that last day or two on holls. I tackled it with bicarbinate of soda and water whereas SWMBO decided to go to the over the counter meds.
It does upset peeps doesn' it.
I hope you are feeling better and your head is ok .
Jim.
  #9   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-14-2017, 02:32 PM
san diego, ca

Hails from United States

Oh, no, Dee! Still feeling low? The flu only just started here, so I'll need a flu shot soon.
Jim, if you have a boiler, does mean you have radiators??? I was raised in New England, we had a furnace which was run by coal, later converted to gas, and system of radiator through out the house. In California, we have a small furnace, with eiling vents. We live on the coast so wer we only need the air conditioner lest than 10 days a years.

web site , Getting started in soft pastels., What you need to know, Critique Guide Lines
  #10   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-15-2017, 03:06 PM
South East

Hails from England

SWMBO has been suffering this past week or so, and the flue shot to boot when we got home from holls.

Yes we have a gas boiler and radiators throughout the house, the boiler was fitted about the same time as the kitchen was refurbished and the electrics modernised. Perhaps 9 or 10 years ago now. It is surprising how much work it saves from lighting the fire each morning - I had too as SWMBO was suffering. She has MS and uses a power chair and cannot afford to get cold. I did get some coal nuggets(smokeless stuff) as I cannot rely on global warming. It seems to be summer for a day then winter, then summer.......
Jim.
  #11   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-25-2017, 08:21 AM
South East

Hails from England

Oh dear, things are really going wrong here. When we got back from holls the stairlift ( that SWMBO uses) battery had given up it's ghost. The boiler went on the blink with popping and then (when that was ignored) banging. On top of that the washing machine gave off a loud bang and stopped working. Of course it is a Meile (Dutch or Austrian? I think) and requires special treatment to get the water and half washed clothes out. Then the cable broke on the stair lift which lifts the footplate when the seat is raised. SWMBO's computer HDD gave up the ghost (there are no documents or files to save) luckily I had a spare as I had obtained one years ago then decided on a new computer. Whilst I had it apart I decide to get a DVD/CD drive which had gone. It was no longer in production so I made do with a refurbished drive. SWMBO has since been trying to remember how she got rid of MSN and Bing.....
Real life intervenes....
Jim.
  #12   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-25-2017, 01:19 PM
san diego, ca

Hails from United States

Oh, oh. When it rains it pours. Why is that? We can all take an occasonal breakdown, but when so many things go wrong at one time...it's maddening.

#13   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-30-2017, 06:39 PM
South East

Hails from England

Quote:
Originally Posted by water girl
Oh, oh. When it rains it pours. Why is that? We can all take an occasonal breakdown, but when so many things go wrong at one time...it's maddening.

It was a deluge here Karen .

I can imagine how stressfull a wedding can be Karen, I hope you can relax with some painting. Perhaps get a start on next months as there is so little of this one left.

I got some shopping yesterday and some paint- white emulsion for the inside of the garage.
Did some painting today but not of the fine art type - I used a roller. It doesn't get into the crevices like a sprayer but it can put it on thick without masking everything. Hopefully I'll finish it tomorrow .
Jim