WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > The Town Center > Café Guerbois
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-29-2017, 06:16 PM
Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Hails from United States
Find a person's artwork on WC

Hi, I would like to show someone my artwork on WC. I forgot how to look at your art work without using a password.
My WC name is "Night Dancer" It has been awhile since I have been on Wetcanvas. Thanks for helping.
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-29-2017, 06:31 PM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint
Halifax, NS

Hails from Canada
Re: Find a person's artwork on WC

Most people post their artwork in its own thread, so one way to do this is to click on your name at the top of your post, and when your personal page comes up, select "Find all Threads Started by Night Dancer" . (That's on a PC, it's a little different ona mobile device, I think).
Or you could go here:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/sear...earchid=116954
(that's the page of threads you've started)

Cheers;
Chris
Look for yourself, think for yourself, draw your own conclusions. Then own them.
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-29-2017, 06:32 PM
A Local Legend

Hails from United States

I'd just ask them to join here, no need to worry about not having a password then. Haven't created anything in awhile?
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-29-2017, 06:40 PM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint
Halifax, NS

Hails from Canada

You can reset the password (ask the mods, I forget how that's done). Sorry ND, you can't read the search results without logging in. But if you log in, you can send them links to the original threads, since most of them are not password protected.
Cheers;
Chris
Look for yourself, think for yourself, draw your own conclusions. Then own them.
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-29-2017, 08:06 PM
A WC! Legend
Glendale, Arizona

Hails from United States

Excuse me, but what is all this concern about having to use passwords to look at someone's art on WC?

I've been a member of WC for many years, and I have never been confronted with the need for a password for that purpose. Of course I need to enter my password in order to enter the WC site, but not for merely viewing someone else's art.

I guess I must have missed something.

Last edited by WFMartin : 09-29-2017 at 08:10 PM.
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-30-2017, 01:41 PM
A WC! Legend
Alberta, where coyotes look both ways before crossing the highway

Hails from Canada

As a non member of WC! you'll not be able to access the 'find all threads started by whomever'

As a logged out member of WC!, same story.

Creating an account is quick, free, and no spam will darken the doorway of your existence.

la
Latin, German, Serbian, Bengali, Icelandic, Brazilian, Italian, Filipino, Swedish, Romanian, Lithuanian, Hindi/Urdu, Hungarian, Latvian, Hebrew, Arabic, Chinese, Russian, French,Greek
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-30-2017, 07:05 PM
Administrator
Where ever I go..there I am

Hails from United States

You can copy and paste the url of one or more of your threads and give them to your friend. It would be even better would be to encourage your friend to become a member.
It's free!
  #8   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-01-2017, 10:00 PM
WC! Guide
Illinois

Hails from United States

From your profile page at http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/member.php?u=135423 your friend may be able to access your threads and posts, but only if your friend is also a member.

If your friend does not want to become a member, that's okay, for your friend can also find many of your posts (but not just new threads, all posts) by using Goggle search terms site:wetcanvas.com "Night Dancer" .

Last edited by opainter : 10-01-2017 at 10:03 PM.
  #9   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-12-2017, 07:03 PM
Enthusiast

The find all posts by __________ often does not work for me. This started several months ago. It actually worked just now for the fist time in at least a month. When I click on my name then choose to show all of my posts it usually gives the error message: Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.

Based on another thread I started here, there are others with the same problem. When it isn't working and I want to search for something or someone, I have to use the Google site: function by typing this in the google search box:

site:www.wetcanvas.com/forums search words or user name here

You can get more precise results by putting some words or phrases in quotes.

site:www.wetcanvas.com/forums lead white - 8700+ results

vs

site:www.wetcanvas.com/forums "lead white" - 2520 results

The quotes can help refine searches by WC user names also.