WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > The Town Center > WetCanvas Member News and Events > Membership Professional News
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-05-2017, 04:44 PM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint
Halifax, NS

Hails from Canada
Use to denote nudity/mature subject matter RÝrpost Collaboration Project

For those of you planning to be in the Halifax, Nova Scotia area, between September 16th and October 4, 2017, please drop in at the Nova Scotia Science center and visit the the RÝrpost Collaboration Project. This project took place over the last year between 24 Nova Scotian artists, and 24 Danish artists.

The catalogue is not out yet, the one from last year is here (for those interested in how the collaboration works). Here's the poster for this year's show, and below that is one of the three pieces I have in the show:

People on a Sunday: (Acrylic on panel, 24"x48")

Hope to see some of you there!

Cheers;
Chris
Look for yourself, think for yourself, draw your own conclusions. Then own them.
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-13-2017, 02:58 PM
Halifax, NS

Hails from Canada
Re: RÝrpost Collaboration Project

The online catalogue for the collaboration is now up here:
http://www.kunstiesbjerg.dk/roerpost
Cheers;
Chris
Look for yourself, think for yourself, draw your own conclusions. Then own them.
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-20-2017, 08:16 AM

Wish I could come. Have fun and hope it's a great success

laf-art.com | Prints | FB
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-04-2017, 06:55 PM
Halifax, NS

Hails from Canada

Thanks laf . I think it was pretty successful, though I did learn (again) that Iím not the most collaborative of people
Cheers,
Chris
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-08-2017, 12:29 PM

A good lesson to learn I would think. I've never had the opportunity to work collaboratively so I have no idea how it would be.

laf-art.com | Prints | FB
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-08-2017, 07:02 PM
Halifax, NS

Hails from Canada

Well, it was an interesting experience, though it did feel a bit high-schoolish. The process was pretty simple - take two artists, each starts a piece separately, and then passes their started piece over to the other artist to finish. After completing those, each artist does an independent response to the process. All in all, there were 24 pairs of artists, and I think most of them quite enjoyed the process. It's the sort of thing that one could easily set up informally through WetCanvas, or if you have local artist acquaintances you could do it with them. It's not particularly expensive - the exchange work was all done on 22"x30" sheets of Arches 140 lb cold pressed watercolour paper; most people did their work in acrylic, though some used other media (pen and ink, collage, pastel, whatever. The paper is pretty rugged). The response pieces were done however the individual artist wanted (mine - the image above - is 24"x48" acrylic on panel).

The funny thing is that my artwork, being mostly figurative, is a largely collaborative process. I work with an experienced model who is also an artist, so there's a lot of communication about what is being produced, as well as other related things, that really heavily influences what eventually gets created. FWIW, at the same time that the RÝrpost Collaboration Project was being shown in Halifax, I and the artist/model that I work with were having a joint show (Resonance - the link is to a thread in the next level up on WC) across the harbour in Dartmouth. From my POV, this was much more collaborative (and successful), while the RÝrpost project was more or less cooperative. And one thing definitely missing from my make-up is cooperativeness

Cheers;
Chris