WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Clay
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-22-2017, 08:07 PM

Dragon

This dragon armature i wanted to be poseable until i baked the clay. It's made from wire, thin leather for the wings, and aluminum flashing. The leather wings are sewn onto the wire armature, i did this because i thought adding any clay to the wings on this armature would way it down too much. Also dragons have been described as having leathery wings so what could be better than using actual leather I still have to add some spines to the back and jaw area, also i'm going to add 8 inches more of tail and i'm going to add some wire for teeth then i'll begin adding clay.
Dragons by honey hatter, on Flickr
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-12-2017, 01:41 PM

Re: Dragon

i'm over halfway with this piece, main body is covered in glow in the dark clay the underbelly scales i went with gold clay, the glow shines between the scales. I went with 6 eyes for the dragon. I had an idea from the beginning of what i wanted the dragon to be, but sometimes during the creation process my mind takes a back seat to what is being created. I added lots more teeth inside the mouth i was thinking great white shark, i may add some more on the outside between the large teeth, the rest of the scales on the dragon will be red, i'm thinking of deco foiling some fine lines on the scales with gold foil to make it look like gold flakes got embedded in the red. The gold scales themselves on the dragon will look less golden than the gold foil so i'm considering that too. still a work in progress. Here's what i've got so far.
[IMG]IMG_20170912_120519 by honey hatter, on Flickr[/IMG]
[IMG]IMG_20170912_120552 by honey hatter, on Flickr[/IMG]
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-13-2017, 10:49 PM

added some deep red pearl to her, i had to scrape off the first batch of red scales, she's starting to have some character.
[IMG]IMG_20170913_212746 by honey hatter, on Flickr[/IMG]
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-24-2017, 01:46 PM

here is the finished piece
[IMG]IMG_20170924_121252 by honey hatter, on Flickr[/IMG]
[IMG]dragon12 by honey hatter, on Flickr[/IMG]
and here she is with glow.
[IMG]dragon1 by honey hatter, on Flickr[/IMG]