WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Photography > Photo Equipment and Software
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-08-2017, 10:26 AM
Enthusiast

Olympus VR-330 overcompensation help please

Hello, Yesterday I posted a photo in the drawing forum, itturned out "blue".
http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/show...1431802&page=4
post 55.

A respondent said,

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuscanny
Ntl - sometimes the camera overcompensates a white background. Just desaturate the background to get the blue away.

I don't know how to do that. This is the first it's happened-my little Olympus camera is about 10 years old. I must have hit a wrong button yesterday or Sunday. Photos I took Friday are okay.
Any ideas?
(it's why I didn't post a photo in the Southwest forum yesterday, that photo is also "blue".)

Can anyone tell me how to correct that--what setting, what buttons I need to either push or unpush?
Thanks.
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-08-2017, 02:54 PM
Veteran Member

Re: Olympus VR-330 overcompensation help please

It looks like a white balance (WB) setting issue to me.

Do you have an owner's manual for your camera? If not you can download one from Olympus.

If the WB is currently set to Auto and you are shooting indoors, try changing it to one of the indoor settings that matches the type of light you are shooting under. If shooting outside try the various outdoor settings. Hopefully one of those will get rid of the blue cast.

You can always reset the camera to factory default to see if that fixes the problem, but you will lose any custom settings you may have entered. I would first start with the white balance.
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-08-2017, 10:16 PM
Enthusiast

Thanks. I did manage to get it reset to factory settings, but it still seems to have a blueness to the photos. Most of my photos are done outside. I took many pictures on Friday, and all were okay. I have no idea what I did.

I will see if I can find a "white balance". I have not found a "saturation" button.
Back at it tomorrow morning.
Thanks for your response.
I did post one in the southwest forum a few hours ago. It still looks a bit too blue, to me. Not as bad as yesterday's was.
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-10-2017, 05:37 PM
A Local Legend
Huntington Beach, CA

Hails from United States

Assuming it's a white balance issue as seems likely, sometimes this can be corrected well in Photoshop or other image editors. What software are you using to edit your photos?
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-10-2017, 06:08 PM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint
North Vancouver, B C, Canada

Hails from Canada

In the Canon SX 60 and S3 they have a symbol like the top of a cam without a lens along the left edge of the screen (in PROGRAM MODE) (starting in the AWB list).

On these two cams, when I access the cam symbol in AWB, I just press 9 o'clock on the ring on the cam back to access it. That in place, I just press the button to activate this WB tool. You need to aim it at something as pure white (White Bond Paper) as possible to get the best WB Correction.

I have to take the image with that WB setting. If I go to AWB or..........it
will cancel it and give me what AWB or ..........offers.

See if you have a cam symbol like that in your AWB list.

Last edited by Cameraman : 08-10-2017 at 06:15 PM.
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-16-2017, 01:40 AM
Enthusiast

Droll and Cameraman, resetting to default solved the problem. Thanks for your input.

Now I have another one--again operator error