WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > The Art Business Center > General Art Business > Internet Sales Strategies
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-08-2017, 08:57 AM
Omaha Nebraska

What wordpress theme do you use?

I've been looking for a wordpress theme for my online portfolio. I cobbled a site together with a free theme, but it doesn't look great. Anyone have a theme they like?
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-09-2017, 02:16 PM
Dayton, OH, US

Hails from United States
Re: What wordpress theme do you use?

I've used Avada for three sites. It's one of the most popular themes out there and support is excellent. However, it may be overkill for a portfolio site.

Avada also has a lot of bells and whistles which is fine if you use them but it's a drawback in that there are more options to wade through and the more options and such often means a slower site.

I'm getting ready to buy a theme called Module. I wanted something that was a good balance between simplicity and flexibility.

It's positioned as a minimalist theme for photography but it may be fine for other mediums as well.
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-11-2017, 09:14 AM
Omaha Nebraska

Thanks Jay! Module looks like it might do what I need.
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-11-2017, 10:38 AM
Dayton, OH, US

Hails from United States

If you happen to get Module, please let us know what you like (and don't like) about it - that would benefit anyone else shopping for a theme.

Including me. The time monster hasn't granted me permission to buy it yet.
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-11-2017, 11:16 AM
In the middle of a forest :).

Hails from Netherlands

I believe I'm using Twenty Sixteen, but since I'm building my whole website with Elementor, it's completely custom.

I can highly recommend Elementor. It's a visual builder and comes with both free options and a paid version (which you pay a fee for per month, but once you cancel your subscription you're still able to use the Pro features you had access to before.. you simply won't be able to use any new stuff they release). The fact that it's a visual 'building blocks' plugin makes it sooo much easier to get the website to look how you want it to. And of course there are also templates you can use if you don't want to spend time designing.

https://elementor.com/
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-14-2017, 05:44 AM
A Local Legend

Hails from United Kingdom

There are loads - too many! I am using Angiemakes right now.
I hear Newspaper8 is very popular. Also Divi (with builder) and Studiopress are well rated. Check out Themeforest for the most popular or well rated ones.
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-14-2017, 09:30 AM
Dayton, OH, US

Hails from United States

I tried Module and I regretted it. Their support took 7 days to respond to me on 3 separate occasions. That's unacceptable. I got a refund.

I then bought a theme called Total by WPExplorer. Total has a visual builder, lots of templates, and for all it does it's not too difficult to use. Note that there is a learning curve, but in my opinion it's manageable.

The best part is the support. Support responses are quick and the support team goes the extra mile to make sure all goes well. For someone who is not too swift technically speaking, support is very important to me.