WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Airbrush
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-14-2017, 01:04 PM

Hi Folks. This is my first visit to this site and forum. I'm Al and I live in Northern Wisconsin where I've been a full time taxidermist for over 40 years. I use Testor's Aztek airbrushes in my work. For some time now I have been desperately searching for a source of some of the "old style" caps for the syphon bottles. The old style cap featured a rigid, right angled nipple. The newer style has a swiveling ball nipple. This version gives me fits due to clogging and unreliable flow of the medium. I have no such problems with the old style cap. I have spoken to the manufacturer in Rockford Illinois on more than one occasion and voiced my dissatisfaction with the "new, improved" syphon cap design. The rep has told me that he has heard this claim before but, sorry, there's no way he can get me a supply of the old style caps. So, I'm wondering, is there anyone out there who, maybe, has some of these old Aztek bottles and caps and no longer uses them? If so I'd like to buy 'em. You may contact me directly at [email protected] or by telephone at 715-588-3254 or 715-892-6071.
Thank you.
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-04-2017, 10:59 AM

Re: Aztek airbrush syphon bottle caps

EBay is probably your best bet. There is a fairly large amount of used air brushes and parts on there. Much of it is unused or only used once or twice since airbrushing is one of those things that looks easier than it is.

Hope this helps. Good look!
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-04-2017, 01:53 PM

Thank you Jaytref. I visit EBay often looking for them. So far have never found them there.
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-18-2017, 07:00 PM
Birmingham England

Hails from United Kingdom

This looks like an old bottle with the ridges on the cap.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/9314C-Test...gAAOSwB-1YpHf3

[email protected] Hard work never killed anybody, but why take a chance?http://jords-lair.spaces.live.com/
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-19-2017, 08:54 AM

Thank you jord. However, the ebay post you directed me to is not the bottle cap I'm looking for. It has the round, rotating, nipple which I do not want. The old style cap, which I am seeking, features a fixed, non-rotating, right angled nipple.