WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Photography > Digital Manipulation Discussions
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-10-2017, 06:06 AM
A Local Legend
Huntington Beach, CA

Hails from United States
Fire in the Sky

A quick manip of the shot I posted in today's Daily. Yeah, it's probably overdone, but at least it shows the possibilities of this adjustment.

I used PhotoShop's Match Color adjustment:

1) Open the base image and duplicate the layer. I always make such adjustments on a duplicated layer so I can decrease the intensity of the effect (actually it's opacity of the duplicated and adjusted layer) or try different blend modes, or choose where and how strongly to show the adjustment by painting on a layer mask with white, gray, and/or black..

2) Select another image with colors you'd like to apply to the base image. (My al-time favorite sunset photo.)

3) With the duplicated layer selected on the base image, choose Image > Adjustments > Match Color.
4) In the Source field of the window that pops up, select the second image you opened. (If the second image you opened has layers, select which layer you want to use as the source for the colors.)
5) I rarely change the sliders (Luminance, Color Intensity, and Fade), but sometimes putting a check in the box next to Neutralize creates a better look.

Be aware that results will vary depending on the colors and values of both images. It doesn't always turn out exactly as you'd expect, but in this case it gave a nice result the first time.

Last edited by droll13 : 07-10-2017 at 06:45 AM.
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-11-2017, 12:55 PM
A Local Legend
South Dakota, USA

Hails from United States
Re: Fire in the Sky

Looks good to me Dave! Thanks for the tute!
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-12-2017, 01:58 PM
A Local Legend
Huntington Beach, CA

Hails from United States

Thank you Rich.

My experience has been that the results with this technique aren't always what I expected, and I often needed to try out several different images as the basis for the colors before I got a result I was satisfied with.

It's too bad the Digital Manipulations subforum has such a low level of activity these days. I really think we're getting closer to a "use it or lose it" ultimatum.
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-12-2017, 02:09 PM
A Local Legend
South Dakota, USA

Hails from United States

Yes, I think you may be right about the forum Dave. I am guilty of not checking on occasion.

I posted a manip challenge a bit ago. Maybe we can get going again. I remember years ago the manip forum was a beehive of activity.
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-16-2017, 09:45 PM
Sterling Heights, Michigan

Hails from United States

You did a good job with this manip.
I do like the vibrancy and the new coloring especially since it is a combination of warm and cool colors.
Nikon D5100, Nikkor 50mm 1.8, Tamron 16-300mm lens, Tamron 90mm Macro lens
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-17-2017, 10:08 AM
A Local Legend
Huntington Beach, CA

Hails from United States

Thanks Lorell.
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-01-2017, 11:47 PM
Malaysia

Hails from Malaysia

That is a really good sunset adjustment and because it looks so realistic. Nice ambient glow....