WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Subjects > Animal and Wildlife Subjects
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-01-2017, 07:04 PM
The bottom of the South Island in Southland, New Zealand

Hails from New Zealand
Arrow "What are you working on?"

Hullo everyone!
This month you will see we are beginning two new Threads; a "Getting to Know you Thread" and this one - "What are you working on?"

You can post in this Thread any artwork you are working on at the moment.
e.g. half finished work, partially completed Challenge paintings, works in progress, sketches from your sketchbooks, completed work you are just finishing - in fact any artwork at all. It doesn't just have to have an animal &
wildlife content. We are interested in seeing any artwork you are working on!

Other WC Forums have a Thread such as this e.g. the Acrylic Forum's is called "What's on your Easel". We didn't want to have the same name of course, so ours is called: What are you working on?"

We hope members will use this thread and post often in it. Looking forward to seeing your artwork here.

Moderator; Animals & Wildlife Forum Floral & Botanical Forum Watermedia Forum
My Blog; Art By Vivien

Last edited by Vivien Maloney : 07-01-2017 at 07:17 PM.
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-01-2017, 09:43 PM
A Local Legend
Swift Current, Saskatchewan, Canada

Hails from Canada
Re: "What are you working on?"

Oh, won't this be fun to follow. Here is what I'm working on. A friend's cat that past away many years ago. I tried twice in coloured pencils, & failed at it, so now I'm trying the W&N Pigment Markers.

Horse lovers are "stable" people
My Website http://www.freewebs.com/sheilastienley/index.htm
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-01-2017, 10:26 PM

Hails from New Zealand

Shelia - many thanks for being the first to post in our new "What are you working on" thread. Well done!

Your beginning looks great and looking forward to see how you get on with it! It will be so interesting to see how the markers work with it!

My Blog; Art By Vivien
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-02-2017, 02:30 AM
Lord of the Arts
Wiltshire, England

Hails from England

I'm about to start this portrait, probably in coloured pencil. I've got some Bristol vellum to try. Not sure if it's the best paper to use and I'm interested to see how it goes.

Ludo and Nico, whippet and Italian greyhound
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-02-2017, 04:11 AM

Hails from New Zealand

Penny - that looks like it will be a super portrait of 2 lovely dogs!

My Blog; Art By Vivien
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-02-2017, 04:34 AM
Enthusiast

I'll be working on a painting or two for the challenge this month as well as building and painting wren houses and bird feeders for around my yard. I purchased a case of kits online from dollar tree as they were a great deal. The glue they came with isn't quick setting enough however so I am gluing them with testors model cement instead, then painting them with acrylc paint and clear coating them with Mod podge. Here's the first one that I finished this morning.
Attached Images

Last edited by Deborah Susan Hill : 07-02-2017 at 04:43 AM.
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-02-2017, 04:39 AM
Enthusiast

Here's wren house number two. I have another one constructed already as well and it's curing in a cabinet overnight so It will be ready to paint up tomorrow. At a dollar per kit with a little sweat equity in terms of construction and paint I think they are a great deal. I bet The wrens and finches will love them.
Attached Images

#8   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-02-2017, 06:04 AM
WC! Guide
Edinburgh

Hails from United Kingdom

Thanks Viv

Sheila - I like the look of your picture so far! I've yet to try a full piece with markers. I like the colours you've started off with. I hope you'll share with us the way you build the picture up

Penny - I've been considering trying out vellum for some time now. When I get through the stack of paper I have I might treat myself. Let us know how it goes.

Deb - they look great!

My WIPs are stacked up under a bed at the moment, having just moved house and wanting to keep them somewhere safe! There is one I started off before Christmas that I really need to get finished as it's for a friend - I'll get a picture of it soon.

The first principle in science is to invent something nice to look at and then decide what it can do - Rowland Emett
  #9   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-02-2017, 02:08 PM
Lord of the Arts
Wiltshire, England

Hails from England

Thanks, Viv. I like your bird houses, Deborah! You are inventive. I wouldnt have thought to paint them!

I'm not, Kay, sure whether the vellum or the smooth is the best for coloured pencil. I believe one side is smoother than the other and I will try that for the portrait of Ludo and Nico and keep you informed as to how I get on. 😎

Last edited by Schuee : 07-02-2017 at 02:52 PM.
  #10   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-02-2017, 02:52 PM
Lord of the Arts
Wiltshire, England

Hails from England

Started

#11   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-02-2017, 04:12 PM
Lord of the Arts
Wiltshire, England

Hails from England

#12   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-02-2017, 07:04 PM

Hails from New Zealand

Deb - Oh, lovely bird-houses! What a great job you've made of them! The little birds are very lucky, so I hope they use them. They will certainly brighten up your garden. Love them.

Penny - Your Greyhounds picture is going great! So interesting to see it develop!

I'm really enjoying this Thread! It's great seeing what everyone is working on and I'm finding it very motivating!
That's what I need at the moment - motivation and this Thread is giving me that! I'm going to start on some paintings today and will post a beginning of them. (I hope)

My Blog; Art By Vivien
  #13   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-02-2017, 07:11 PM
Lord of the Arts
Wiltshire, England

Hails from England

Thanks, Viv. Hope you do become inspired!
  #14   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-02-2017, 07:46 PM
Enthusiast

Here's birdhouse number three. I am playing with a sort of nordic tole work. This is the sort of embellishment you see on houses and flowerboxes all over Europe where Norsk, Germanic and Dutch people live. It can also be seen on horsedrawn gypsy caravans around The British isles and Europe. They are very much into decorative arts and crafts.
Attached Images

#15   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-02-2017, 08:04 PM
Enthusiast

The gypsies are more practiced in their craftsmanship!
Attached Images