WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Fiber Arts
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-05-2017, 04:25 AM
Enthusiast
Portland Victoria

Hails from Australia
Tiny Shoes

Hi, WOW I didnt even know this forum existed!! I post at a few other forums here at WC and I was thinking to myself 'why dont they have a knitting or something similar forum, I am sure there are other people who make things like I do, and bang here it is!

I picked up a crochet hook for the first time last year in August when I bought a magazine from the newsagent as I was intrigued. At first I just couldnt get it, but I was so keen to at least make one thing. My partner suggested trying youtube where I found alot of tutorials and since then I havent looked back. Absolutely addicted to crochet now, want to make so much more! I just love the variety of yarns that exist, their textures and how you can make anything. So rewarding to see something come together.

I thought I would share some little shoes I finished recently. The pattern I used for these was from the ravelry store where I had to pay and download it. The designer was Elifine Designs. I just loved the look of the sample shoes so just had to try and make them. Mine arent perfect but I am happy with how they came out. They are tiny so not sure if they'd even fit a newborn. A previous pair I made for a friend of a different style were too small for the newborn I made them for - these ones are about the same size.

I would like to make a bigger pair in the future. Now that I know this forum exists I must post my work here more often!!

#2   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-05-2017, 10:57 AM
Veteran Member
Edmonton Alberta

Hails from Canada
Re: Tiny Shoes

Welcome!
The forum is quiet at the moment while a bunch of us are going through health and family issues.
Those look adorable!
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-05-2017, 04:38 PM
WC! Guide
Nowheresville, Idunno

Hails from United States

Very cute. Do you know someone with a doll that needs a pair of shoes? If they are too small for a newborn, then maybe they'd fit a doll. Looking forward to seeing more of your work.
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-06-2017, 12:28 AM
Standerton

Hails from South Africa

They are lovely! Now all it needs is a matching bonnet. And then of course a matching jersey and then.... It does keep a person busy.
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-11-2017, 12:38 PM
San Francisco

Hails from United States

A very cute design. They truly are very shoe-like, rather than the more classic bootie. And welcome to the forum!

Jen
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-24-2017, 04:19 AM
Enthusiast
Portland Victoria

Hails from Australia

Thanks so much for your welcomes, I apologize for my delay in replying as I dont get back here too often. I have been making a few things, always alternating between projects. I will stop by to share again when i can
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-14-2017, 06:43 AM

Really cute