So I recently started a new art journal with a Strathmore 400 watercolor journal (8''x10'' in size). I decided it to fill it with illustrations for my favorite novel Lord of the Rings and everything else Middle-earth related, so it is now appropriately named The Red Book (the softcover is unfortuntaely brown but I did write the name on the softcover
The style of those pieces are going to be all over the place as I am constantly playing with new materials, and also because Strathmore watercolor paper has a textured and a smooth patterned side; I hate the smooth side and can't really work serious watercolor side, so half of the pgaes will be highly stylized and cartoony I think.
Here are the first few pages.
1. Aragorn and the battle for the Orthanc stone (watercolor+Zig clean brushes)
2. Elrond and little Estel (watercolor+Zig)
3. Celeborn and Galadriel after the fall of Doriath (watercolor+Zig)
4. Young Celeborn as a marchwarden of Doriath (watercolor+MozArt brush pens)
5. Celeborn and Galadriel, preparing for war (Zig+MozArt)
As this journal is 48 pages thick I am confident there will be lots more coming; this time I am fairly serious about filling it.
Love to hear what you think and already excited about doing more.